Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi Lamoiz, How much more sensitive is the 0.25mm compared to the others?
    hi surf, with the same settings and the same target, the 0.25 mm detected with a few cm more .. about 2 or 3 cm maximum, the worst is the 0.10mm.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinB View Post
    Hi Lamoiz
    Where did you buy your litz wire from? The only place I can find this size is USA.
    Thanks
    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/50m-165-Litz...cAAOSwuHJbC-5- hong kong...
    hi, i bought in this shop .. see if there is any 175/46 .

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    hi, first of all, i am in testing phase. on the omega and also on a super D.
    for the omega, the tx is 300mm and the nulling 110mm. it is made of litz175 / 46 wire. its inductance is 440uh. there are 26 turns.The rx coil is 0.2mm enameled copper. it is tuned with a capacity of 22nf. the dimensions are 140mm-170mm it is oval. there are 166 laps.(10.5mh) the resonance is 10.2 khz. the nulling obtained is 12mv .. for the moment, since nothing is really fixed. the sensitivity is average, a piece of copper is captured at 22cm, which is average given the dimensions, (in hybrid mode on the voodoo). the test on gold and platinum is average too, no more than 15 cm ... but this is only the beginning, because I have not adjusted anything in the parameters of the voodoo. here is.
    Hi Lamoiz
    Where did you buy your litz wire from? The only place I can find this size is USA.
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    I just find avrs so under supported and frustrating, what single piece of software and what burner would you use to burn avr's starting at atiny12,13,15 etc, up to mega8 and 328p ? thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tools.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	358745

    I have many more tools.
    Probably several G-bytes of various software tools for AVRs.
    I have all known Arduino development systems and boards (boxes and boxes fed up and piled up).
    I have USBasp dongle ISP programmer. Also have AVRISP MKII programmer to, PDI option too.
    Also i made several "bare bone" programmers.
    Also i made "fuse doctor" board. Works like charm. Resets and puts all the fuses to default values at almost all known AVRs.
    Usually i do know how to set the fuses in details. But sometimes i like to experiment with protection and not so rare case that i make mess with fuses and simply "brick" the mcu.
    Than i pull up "fuse doctor" and "heal" the bricked one in a second.
    AVRISP MKII usually i use for HV programming. I use Atmel Studio (usually latest version) to update firmware at MKII.
    Later i can use AVRISP MKII with Atmel Studio drivers or also as well as with LIBUSB drivers for use with third party software.
    And over the top; Arduino UNO R3 can be configured and wired up to serve as programmer for all AVR's you can imagine.
    Most of the time i use Arduino IDE for Atmegas and Attinys.
    For STM32xxxxx ARMs i use AVRISP MKII with Flip or some third party software, depends, from case to case.
    Although lately i arranged setup to program STMs directly via Arduino IDE.
    Lately i obtain Attiny85 with USB on it, small dongle. It's all in bootloader.
    Etc.
    AVRs are so easy, fun and joy to work with them.
    There is great massive open source community where you can find answer on any possible qestion.
    Also there are "zillion" of ready libraries from almost everything to work with Atmels.
    Programming was never easier.
    You can do it both ways; "regularly" through the Studios and through the third party tools.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    Hi everyone. I made 3 rx coils for the omega. 1: 0.10mm, 2: 0.20, 3: 0.25mm all three have almost the same inductance value, only their resistance changes of course, .. for the moment, it is 0.25 mm which is the most sensitive to the target size. all resonate at 9.9, 10, and 10.2khz. Tomorrow I change the capacity, to resonate at other frequencies ..

    Good experiment, I was wondering about the same thing with wire size etc, please keep us informed.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post


    Ha,ha,ha!
    It depends on what have you being used from a start.
    AVRs are just so friendly and cute to work with them.
    Very easy and simple actually.
    Just as with PIC's too i presume.
    If you are used on those and having all the needed tools.
    You don't need to mess with fuses if you don't like.
    Even if you need; it is easy actually.

    I just find avrs so under supported and frustrating, what single piece of software and what burner would you use to burn avr's starting at atiny12,13,15 etc, up to mega8 and 328p ? thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    Hi everyone. I made 3 rx coils for the omega. 1: 0.10mm, 2: 0.20, 3: 0.25mm all three have almost the same inductance value, only their resistance changes of course, .. for the moment, it is 0.25 mm which is the most sensitive to the target size. all resonate at 9.9, 10, and 10.2khz. Tomorrow I change the capacity, to resonate at other frequencies ..
    Hi Lamoiz, How much more sensitive is the 0.25mm compared to the others?

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Hi everyone. I made 3 rx coils for the omega. 1: 0.10mm, 2: 0.20, 3: 0.25mm all three have almost the same inductance value, only their resistance changes of course, .. for the moment, it is 0.25 mm which is the most sensitive to the target size. all resonate at 9.9, 10, and 10.2khz. Tomorrow I change the capacity, to resonate at other frequencies ..

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    I've had a lot of fun with GCB, got me writing PIC code which works, hate avr's
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post

    Pics are just so much easier to work with, once you have a hex file, just open ONE factory supplied piece of sotware, plug in the pickit, plug in the chip and burn the hex. done .

    With avr's there is not just one piece of software that works with attiny 12 and up, you gotta mess around working out fuses.
    You have to find multiple software that will burn the avr you want, then find a burner ICSP schematic that works and drivers, or fart around with arduino as an ISP which does not support all avr chips, just a nightmare


    Ha,ha,ha!
    It depends on what have you being used from a start.
    AVRs are just so friendly and cute to work with them.
    Very easy and simple actually.
    Just as with PIC's too i presume.
    If you are used on those and having all the needed tools.
    You don't need to mess with fuses if you don't like.
    Even if you need; it is easy actually.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    it is very exciting to do R&D for coils .. especially for this really nice project ..
    Agreed I'm learning allot building for this project.
    Just for update my 18 inch coil is very good on a pi cant wait to test it on the Voodoo.

    Tried to fire up the power supply but only - 2.5 volts on the -5 rail so I think the 79l05 is bad.

    Be Well

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Math View Post
    GCB.. Great Cow Basic is free opensource simple to use and works great as you would expect!
    I switched over to GCB after Mplab IDE 8 stopped supporting new chips.. Mplab X just wouldnt work for me at all
    The guys at GCB are pretty quick at getting things working for the latest chips and theyve kept the standalone Pickit3+ Program interface going after getting a license from Microchip.. i think Microchips XC8 compiler youve to pay for on subscription?

    I've had a lot of fun with GCB, got me writing PIC code which works, hate avr's

    Pics are just so much easier to work with, once you have a hex file, just open ONE factory supplied piece of sotware, plug in the pickit, plug in the chip and burn the hex. done .

    With avr's there is not just one piece of software that works with attiny 12 and up, you gotta mess around working out fuses.
    You have to find multiple software that will burn the avr you want, then find a burner ICSP schematic that works and drivers, or fart around with arduino as an ISP which does not support all avr chips, just a nightmare

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The idea of having a PI that could distinguish between ferrous and non-ferrous targets (without using target conductivity as the discrimination method) was something I've been working on for some time. Eventually I got the thing working and decided to release it as the Voodoo Project. There's still a lot of development work that could be done on this project, so it's good to see that Mdtoday is porting the code to a more readily accessible compiler, and others (including yourself) are experimenting with the coils. The basic concept actually works, but it would great if others could contribute with various tweaks and improvements. I know this is an advanced project, and it may be daunting to many less experienced members, but then others have complained that there's nothing new in the forum and the existing projects are too simple. It seems that you cannot satisfy everyone.
    it is very exciting to do R&D for coils .. especially for this really nice project ..

    Leave a comment:


  • Math
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Very awkward situation.
    I am not used on mikroC PRO for PIC nor am satisfied with how is done.
    Generally newer Microchip PICs are HUGE pain in the ....!
    Not hobby friendly at all.
    Probably because i am much more familiar with AVRs.
    Everything is going so smooth with AVRs.
    ...
    Is there any open source IDE for C and this PIC18F4520 "brick"?
    Without urgent porting the code to some "normal" MCU... this project will stay alive only for minority of people here.
    George George... it was very bad decision from you!
    Instead you could pick Atmega... any of those you like.
    Things would be much simpler and easier.
    And your project will be interesting for million people worldwide.
    GCB.. Great Cow Basic is free opensource simple to use and works great as you would expect!
    I switched over to GCB after Mplab IDE 8 stopped supporting new chips.. Mplab X just wouldnt work for me at all
    The guys at GCB are pretty quick at getting things working for the latest chips and theyve kept the standalone Pickit3+ Program interface going after getting a license from Microchip.. i think Microchips XC8 compiler youve to pay for on subscription?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    No Problems, I will post the project files once completed and tested.
    I am going to order the REV -C Voodoo PCBs this morning.
    Was not planning on going fully into George's project just yet as I am working with KingJL on his ADuM BP TX design, however, I have a little bit of a window now so will do what I can on the porting side but really would like to test on hardware.
    My problem is I have a workshop full of SMD parts and only a handful of THD, so have to purchase most parts too.

    cheers

    You should get the pcb working pretty fast.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    No Problems, I will post the project files once completed and tested.
    I am going to order the REV -C Voodoo PCBs this morning.
    Was not planning on going fully into George's project just yet as I am working with KingJL on his ADuM BP TX design, however, I have a little bit of a window now so will do what I can on the porting side but really would like to test on hardware.
    My problem is I have a workshop full of SMD parts and only a handful of THD, so have to purchase most parts too.

    cheers

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X