Originally posted by Qiaozhi
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Voodoo Main Discussion
Collapse
X
-
there is a guy here who has videos of his building this, and has helped others, and is working on a coil and finishing to use at his beach, when it is completed im sure he will make a video, surf detector is his name and i am subscribed to his youtube channel, and watch his vids, which are great to us.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View PostI did not said is bad. This detector has a book, pcb’s available, topic opened more than two months ago, but no videos proving that is working.
T
Leave a comment:
-
You are incorrect in your assumptions.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View PostAt least air tests... it is a good project, but clearly not tested, like a spice simulation, nothing else. Sorry, this is my opinion.
Voodoo has been built and tested outside in the real world, and it really works. The purpose of the project is to demonstrate true ferrous / non-ferrous discrimination. There is always room for further development, in which (as you can see) others are willing to participate. Before you can have an opinion (and not an assumption) you must read the book, and possibly then construct the project yourself. You may then have better thoughts on how to make improvements.
By the way, I did not write the book to make money. I simply wanted to get the technical information into print before anyone claimed the idea and tried to get it patented, and also because I found it an interesting and enjoyable experience to publish a technical book on my own. There are much easier ways to make money than writing technical books, believe me.
On the other hand, I have also built and tested Felezjoo, and was less than impressed. There are claims that it works by some principle patented by Minelab, which is not true. You can easily determine that by examining the TX waveform with an oscilloscope. Also, it relies on target conductivity to attempt to eliminate iron which will never give anywhere near accurate ferrous rejection.
Leave a comment:
-
I have just finished populating the board tonight and hope to start testing next week. I also have another detector project ready for testing and hope that the two machines will complement each other in my search activities. My coil materials are due to arrive in the New Year so maybe I will something fully working by the end of January. I have learned a lot from this project and the positive contributions posted by you guys. Keep up the good work.Originally posted by 6666 View PostEasy guys, George has provided us a new experimental project, it will take some time to have a working unit and to experiment to see how it performs, I hope to finish mine in January, but then I have to make a coil for it, so vlf coils are new for me as I am a pi guy so I am finding it interesting making something new, have a good Xmas.
Leave a comment:
-
Easy guys, George has provided us a new experimental project, it will take some time to have a working unit and to experiment to see how it performs, I hope to finish mine in January, but then I have to make a coil for it, so vlf coils are new for me as I am a pi guy so I am finding it interesting making something new, have a good Xmas.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by lamoiz View Postbut why are you following this thread, if you think this machine is bad? would you be opportunistic in waiting for the results of others ?? no matter if it is top or not, the idea is to do technical development. and if you think Geoge made a poo detector .. tell him ..
I did not said is bad. This detector has a book, pcb’s available, topic opened more than two months ago, but no videos proving that is working.
Leave a comment:
-
but why are you following this thread, if you think this machine is bad? would you be opportunistic in waiting for the results of others ?? no matter if it is top or not, the idea is to do technical development. and if you think Geoge made a poo detector .. tell him ..Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Postbeneficial for selling the book. it would have been, from the beginning, a video showing the capability of this detector. I will not invest time and money in a project that does not have pure proof, as if it would work and have at least good results, I am not looking for something extraordinary.
Leave a comment:
-
beneficial for selling the book. it would have been, from the beginning, a video showing the capability of this detector. I will not invest time and money in a project that does not have pure proof, as if it would work and have at least good results, I am not looking for something extraordinary.Originally posted by lamoiz View Postwhat annoys me the most in this world of pretending is people who criticize, without having tried the thing, and especially who let others do in their place. I don't like it. even though the project has some flaws, I did. Afterwards I will have the legitimacy to speak. I think that there are 4 or 5 of us who have made this project, for sure, as I also make the coil. so give us time to finish. above all, shut your mouth, and wait for the results of others, you second.
Leave a comment:
-
what annoys me the most in this world of pretending is people who criticize, without having tried the thing, and especially who let others do in their place. I don't like it. even though the project has some flaws, I did. Afterwards I will have the legitimacy to speak. I think that there are 4 or 5 of us who have made this project, for sure, as I also make the coil. so give us time to finish. above all, shut your mouth, and wait for the results of others, you second.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Postwhere did you had problem with felezjoo? In wet sand? I ask because, felezjoo is the best, in therm of depth (also disc is interesting) , pi detector i made. But tested only in forest. WhAt i don?t like at felezjoo is the lack of threshold, smooth threshold, and to many settings.
regarding voodoo, i was scheptical from the begining. No video. No video until now? Are you kidding? At least air tests... it is a good project, but clearly not tested, like a spice simulation, nothing else. Sorry, this is my opinion.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Postwhere did you had problem with felezjoo? In wet sand? I ask because, felezjoo is the best, in therm of depth (also disc is interesting) , pi detector i made. But tested only in forest. WhAt i don?t like at felezjoo is the lack of threshold, smooth threshold, and to many settings.
regarding voodoo, i was scheptical from the begining. No video. No video until now? Are you kidding? At least air tests... it is a good project, but clearly not tested, like a spice simulation, nothing else. Sorry, this is my opinion.

Leave a comment:
-
hello, you may be skeptical, there is no problem. yes the felezjoo gave me very, very bad results on wet sand, and the discrimination looks like nothing. the parameters (secrets), it is really not good. in short. there is no video in this world of video .. because everyone thinks that the videos are truths ... but I can make a fake video with a detection at 1.5m ... and so .. ?? is that the truth? made this project or go your way, it is the right solution.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Postwhere did you had problem with felezjoo? In wet sand? I ask because, felezjoo is the best, in therm of depth (also disc is interesting) , pi detector i made. But tested only in forest. WhAt i don?t like at felezjoo is the lack of threshold, smooth threshold, and to many settings.
regarding voodoo, i was scheptical from the begining. No video. No video until now? Are you kidding? At least air tests... it is a good project, but clearly not tested, like a spice simulation, nothing else. Sorry, this is my opinion.
Leave a comment:
-
where did you had problem with felezjoo? In wet sand? I ask because, felezjoo is the best, in therm of depth (also disc is interesting) , pi detector i made. But tested only in forest. WhAt i don?t like at felezjoo is the lack of threshold, smooth threshold, and to many settings.Originally posted by lamoiz View Postwhen i did the felezjoo i was really excited ... and when the reel was laid on the soggy sands of the atlantic ocean the result was so shabby that the felez ended the day in a seaside garbage can. I wasted my time and my money, but I made progress .. and that is the essential. the mpp gives very good results, the surfPI has already given me gold, silver and platinum .. the voodooPI will give me too, it will be good.
regarding voodoo, i was scheptical from the begining. No video. No video until now? Are you kidding? At least air tests... it is a good project, but clearly not tested, like a spice simulation, nothing else. Sorry, this is my opinion.
Leave a comment:
-
At the moment RA4 provides simple switch On/Off signal.Originally posted by lamoiz View Poston certain points of your discourse I agree with you. But all design work evolves over time, and the more of us working on this project, the more solutions we will find. I too have doubts about using the DISC on the beach, in salt water. I use a surfPI a lot at the beach, it is mono tone .. it does not indicate depth, no disc, yes I dig on each signal, but it finds .. and the friends who have equinox800 are sometimes surprised by my found after their passages ..
I am not familiar with PIC architecture but i assume it is possible to provide PWM output instead and feed different point at audio stage.
That would completely change the whole story.
Along with that; LCD signal bar progress scale would add to its functionality.
And still i am struggling to understand how to affect the sensitivity.
Threshold is not making some differences... at least on my boards here.
Situation will probably change to better, once i obtain more proper coil, will see.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: