Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Fair enough.
    I agree that it is having potential. the idea behind it.
    But it is not finished and not usable like this.
    Can't you imagine and anticipate the behavior especially on the beaches?
    With binary uniform audio type (beep, beep) you can't do much.
    Same beep on rubbish same beep on good item.
    Same beep on shallow same beep on deep target.
    Same beep on conditions that provokes false signals.
    Once upon a time i made a modification on TGSL, the "one shot" or monostabie.
    It turns TGSL to a real killer, 1e coin at 60cm ... in the air.
    Totally USELESS on soil. Zero. Zilch!
    And TGSL has extremely good GEB&DISC circuitry.
    With "one shot" modification on the soil; slightest false signal sounds like golden cannon at 2" depth!
    And here we have Hybrid PI/IB without GEB and without real DISC circuitry.
    With pretty robust flyback.
    Use your imagination, try to anticipate the behavior on tough soils.
    Bang, bang, dang, dang, here and there. Everywhere!

    on certain points of your discourse I agree with you. But all design work evolves over time, and the more of us working on this project, the more solutions we will find. I too have doubts about using the DISC on the beach, in salt water. I use a surfPI a lot at the beach, it is mono tone .. it does not indicate depth, no disc, yes I dig on each signal, but it finds .. and the friends who have equinox800 are sometimes surprised by my found after their passages ..

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Another voodoo up and running.

    Only tested with a concentric so far but Disc is working .

    The first thing we need to do to the Voodoo is get sampling to at least 10us.

    Please Somebody I'm not capable of changing the code and while were at it can we get a TFT screen with on screen sliders


    Good to hear it works.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Another voodoo up and running.

    Only tested with a concentric so far but Disc is working .

    The first thing we need to do to the Voodoo is get sampling to at least 10us.

    Please Somebody I'm not capable of changing the code and while were at it can we get a TFT screen with on screen sliders

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    certainly, I can understand your point of view. I find that this project is an opening to other evolutions, improvements, .. and moreover, it has the merit of being unique in its principle. it may not be the best on your soil, but I think on my land on a beach it might be of some interest .. and then new ideas are always good ideas. I find that this principle is a real GOOD starting point, and it is a good open-mindedness, for those who are a bit very hermetic. I admire this detector, even if it is not the best in the world, whatever, we all make progress with it.
    Fair enough.
    I agree that it is having potential. the idea behind it.
    But it is not finished and not usable like this.
    Can't you imagine and anticipate the behavior especially on the beaches?
    With binary uniform audio type (beep, beep) you can't do much.
    Same beep on rubbish same beep on good item.
    Same beep on shallow same beep on deep target.
    Same beep on conditions that provokes false signals.
    Once upon a time i made a modification on TGSL, the "one shot" or monostabie.
    It turns TGSL to a real killer, 1e coin at 60cm ... in the air.
    Totally USELESS on soil. Zero. Zilch!
    And TGSL has extremely good GEB&DISC circuitry.
    With "one shot" modification on the soil; slightest false signal sounds like golden cannon at 2" depth!
    And here we have Hybrid PI/IB without GEB and without real DISC circuitry.
    With pretty robust flyback.
    Use your imagination, try to anticipate the behavior on tough soils.
    Bang, bang, dang, dang, here and there. Everywhere!

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    yes, I will do them in ABS, under vacuum

    It will be interesting to see your results.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Probably not for very long though.

    It survived its ordeal ok, was running on 12v for about 10 minutes, only thing I really noticed was the out put pulses had small amount of jitter

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Are you planning to make some shells ?
    yes, I will do them in ABS, under vacuum

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    for those who are interested, after the jokes, I did a Master in wood, to prepare the super d, I hope to test that at the end or beginning of next week.[ATTACH]54043[/ATTACH]

    Are you planning to make some shells ?

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    "You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."

    Albert Einstein
    The mind is like a parachute: if it remains closed, we crush.
    Franck Zappa.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    when i did the felezjoo i was really excited ... and when the reel was laid on the soggy sands of the atlantic ocean the result was so shabby that the felez ended the day in a seaside garbage can. I wasted my time and my money, but I made progress .. and that is the essential. the mpp gives very good results, the surfPI has already given me gold, silver and platinum .. the voodooPI will give me too, it will be good.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Your enthusiasm is much more greater than mine.
    Until i see new f/w with non motion feature and better audio; i will put these two aside and forget them.
    I am really sorry to say this; but this was waste of money and energy so far.
    As very very experienced real field detectorist (you better trust me on this); i see even now that voodoo as it is now: would be completely useless on my local soils here.
    Already wasted money, time, nerves... saw what is all about, enough for me. Time to move on and work on more serious works.
    Unfortunately time is money, today more than ever. And i (we generally) don't have time too much.
    certainly, I can understand your point of view. I find that this project is an opening to other evolutions, improvements, .. and moreover, it has the merit of being unique in its principle. it may not be the best on your soil, but I think on my land on a beach it might be of some interest .. and then new ideas are always good ideas. I find that this principle is a real GOOD starting point, and it is a good open-mindedness, for those who are a bit very hermetic. I admire this detector, even if it is not the best in the world, whatever, we all make progress with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    [QUOTE=lamoiz;283853]for those who are interested, after the jokes, I did a Master in wood, to prepare the super d, I hope to test that at the end or beginning of next week.[ATTACH]54043[
    Hi Lamoiz
    This is the pattern I am using. Found it under the Coils section on this forum siteClick image for larger version

Name:	DOD pattern.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	358816

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    for those who are interested, after the jokes, I did a Master in wood, to prepare the super d, I hope to test that at the end or beginning of next week.[ATTACH]54043[/ATTACH]
    Your enthusiasm is much more greater than mine.
    Until i see new f/w with non motion feature and better audio; i will put these two aside and forget them.
    I am really sorry to say this; but this was waste of money and energy so far.
    As very very experienced real field detectorist (you better trust me on this); i see even now that voodoo as it is now: would be completely useless on my local soils here.
    Already wasted money, time, nerves... saw what is all about, enough for me. Time to move on and work on more serious works.
    Unfortunately time is money, today more than ever. And i (we generally) don't have time too much.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    for those who are interested, after the jokes, I did a Master in wood, to prepare the super d, I hope to test that at the end or beginning of next week.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGA0224.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	700.0 KB
ID:	358815

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Me too !???
    well that's called humor; if not, it's just a "remarkable identity" for the rest of the question, that of Silversurfer, I think that's nonsense. To deal with him.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X