Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Were you able to zero this out?
    Hi Lamoiz,
    Thanks for posting the specs on your coil.
    Are you balancing on detector?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks George. I can start sorting my Detector shaft and enclosure now so I can estimate the cable I'll need for the LCD then I can solder the LCD wires in and move to the next stage. Regards, Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi All,,,I changed the diodes D6 and D7 but still didn't get 12v at the cathode of D6. I have +5v and -5v though so I'm lost what to do next? Thanks, Marty.
    Since you have +5V and -5V you're OK to continue. The voltage at D6 is not going to reach exactly 12V. It only needs to be higher than 5V plus the dropout voltage of the regulator.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi All,,,I changed the diodes D6 and D7 but still didn't get 12v at the cathode of D6. I have +5v and -5v though so I'm lost what to do next? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks 6666,,,Learning something new every day! I've never had a problem like that with any of the power supplies of any other detector I've built so this is probably why I never knew what to look for,,Lol. I've changed the 78L05 now. Out of a new bag of 10 x 78L05's, the first 3 that I tried replacing were faulty too!,,Anyway, I now have my +5v and my -5v on TP14 and TP15,,,but, I only have 7.4-7.5v on the cathode of D6. Shall I change that diode too? Thanks again for the help and I hope your wife is recovering ok, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Thanks George. I'll replace the 78L05 to see if it rectfies the problem. I don't understand what you mean about something 'loading' its output pin? Thanks, Marty.

    Sometimes a fault will put such a high current drain (load) on the circuit the battery voltage drops

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    yes, I think it is, because it is an old spool of thread that I have had in my workshop for a very long time, and there is no longer the informative label. silicone and silver color.
    Let me know how the coil performs. I have heard that the silver plating creates eddy currents and reduces coil performance

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks George. I'll replace the 78L05 to see if it rectfies the problem. I don't understand what you mean about something 'loading' its output pin? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi George,,I removed the 78L05 and the voltage at the cathode of D6 is 9.89v. Thanks, Marty.
    In that case either the 78L05 is faulty or there's something loading its output pin.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi George,,I removed the 78L05 and the voltage at the cathode of D6 is 9.89v. Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    oops I said stupidity, it is a 20k .. sorry ..

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi Alec,,,No, I only have 8.42v at the cathode of D6. And still only 0.76v on TP15. Thanks, Marty.
    Remove the 78L05 and measure the voltage at D6 cathode again.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi Lamoiz,,,I posted pictures of the power supply on page 15 post #352. Regards, Marty.
    are you on the value of r48? 10k?
    brown black black red brown.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi Lamoiz,,,I posted pictures of the power supply on page 15 post #352. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    take a picture of your circuit ...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X