Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6666
    replied
    Oh NO, DHL express have passed my pcb's to Australia Post to deliver damned if I know why , this will add a huge delay.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Phantom,,,Thanks for the reply. @Qiaozhi,,,Thanks for the info and link on the Buttons. It'll make it much easier for me to make an LCD Enclosure that way. I'm only missing the mosfets and the PCB now then I can begin building. Can't wait to begin this very interesting, very 'Busy' project!,,Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatom View Post
    I don?t know more than it is said by Carl in post #36.
    Phatom - you're getting mixed up.
    Carl Moreland is Carl-NC.
    George Overton is Qiaozhi.

    For those that don't know, "Qiaozhi" is a transliteration of "George" in Chinese Mandarin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Qiaozhi,,Thanks for the answers on the questions. Another uestion I have is, For the 'Button' board (LCD and Buttons) is there a separate PCB board for it to download to make please? Thanks for uploading the Hexfile Regards, Marty.
    There is no specific board for the push buttons. I simply wired directly into the back of the buttons.
    The ones I used came from Amazon ->
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Marty,

    I don?t know more than it is said by Carl in post #36.

    I think Silverdog will write here in the forum when PCBs ere available.

    As for the microprocessors, it was just an idea that he also could supply them already programmed.

    Regards to all

    Phantom

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Phantom,,,Has Silverdog received his order of boards yet? I visited the link for his shop but I can't see them available yet? Has he said he is supplying pre-programmed chips for the Voodoo or is this just a 'Maybe'? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Qiaozhi,,Thanks for the answers on the questions. Another uestion I have is, For the 'Button' board (LCD and Buttons) is there a separate PCB board for it to download to make please? Thanks for uploading the Hexfile Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Hex code added to post #1.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatom View Post
    - Is it possible that Figures 3-7 and 3-8 in the book are interchanged? Or are they taken at reversed polarity points?
    I had to think about that for a bit, but it seems you're correct. If you trace through the PI channel filters then a target creates a positive-going signal, which requires the sync demod output to go negative. Since the disc channel should have the same polarity for a non-ferrous target, then non-ferrous goes negative and ferrous goes positive. The bottom line is that Figs 3-7 and 3-8 are swapped over.

    I was hoping to not have an errata for this book, but dammit I'll have to add one to post #1.

    Leave a comment:


  • Phantom
    replied
    Carl,

    Thank you for attending all our questions. I add two more to the list.


    - Is it possible that Figures 3-7 and 3-8 in the book are interchanged? Or are they taken at reversed polarity points?


    - In addition to Silverdog providing the PCBs in his virtual store, I find it interesting that he also sold the programmed PIC


    Regards to all in the forum


    Phantom

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    can you proved the source code / hex file direct as download? or as personel email?
    I will upload the hex file later today.

    Originally posted by bernte_one View Post
    are the any changes necessary at rev c gerber files or can i order a small batch for german customers already?

    if mschmal, prospekteur and andi are interested i cand send pcb
    There are no changes to the Rev-C PCB, so you're safe to order a batch. Note that Silverdog will also be offering PCBs in his online shop if that's easier.
    Find information, resources and relevant links for diydetector.co.uk. This domain may be for sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, wll there be a Build file available for the Voodoo project, like the Minipulse plus, or are we able to build and tune the detector from information in the book? I've enjoyed what I've read of the book so far but I've still a lot to learn before I'll ever fully understand everything,,still, it's fun learning and I know I'm going to enjoy this project and learn a lot more along the way. Regards, Marty.
    I hadn't really planned to create a build document for Voodoo as it's quite an advanced project. However it's a possibility if I get some spare time. It depends on how many problems everyone has during the replication.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Thanks George for that nice stuff, got my book yesterday and read the first pages while eating some stracciatella ice in the kitchen, make more sense to me as looking greys anatomy with my wife ;-)

    can you proved the source code / hex file direct as download? or as personel email?

    are the any changes necessary at rev c gerber files or can i order a small batch for german customers already?

    if mschmal, prospekteur and andi are interested i cand send pcb

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Just out of curiosity, wll there be a Build file available for the Voodoo project, like the Minipulse plus, or are we able to build and tune the detector from information in the book? I've enjoyed what I've read of the book so far but I've still a lot to learn before I'll ever fully understand everything,,still, it's fun learning and I know I'm going to enjoy this project and learn a lot more along the way. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Polymer View Post
    Thought I would post my "internal" parts list, might help someone, in addition to the BOM in Post 1.

    I like having the pitch of capacitors known, as there often is a lot of choice when ordering
    and I just hate forcing radial and box capacitors pins if they dont fit exactly.

    Open for suggestions and errata of course, cheers, polymer

    Thanks for posting your list. That is good information.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X