Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dgm
    replied
    Thanks Mr. Georg and Mr. Surfdetector

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dgm View Post
    Hello, I have a question regarding the damping resistor to match the tx winding for the mode P.I.. I wanted to test with a coil in my possession
    with tx 0.874 mh.
    Watch this ->

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by dgm View Post
    Hello, I have a question regarding the damping resistor to match the tx winding for the mode P.I.. I wanted to test with a coil in my possession
    with tx 0.874 mh.
    You need to attach your coil along with a damping resistor jig and then you can figure out the correct value by observing your oscilloscope.

    Leave a comment:


  • dgm
    replied
    Hello, I have a question regarding the damping resistor to match the tx winding for the mode P.I.. I wanted to test with a coil in my possession
    with tx 0.874 mh.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by sbalio1 View Post
    Hi friends can ennyone here help i have pic18f452 . I ask if i can use it .
    Theoretically the answer is yes, but be aware that the CONFIG settings will need changing and there are other differences such as the ADC.
    This means that you will have to modify and recompile the source code. The easiest solution is to simply order the correct PIC.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dgm View Post
    [ATTACH]55555[/ATTACH]Hi I wanted to ask the Gurus of the Forum, I have a Teknetics concentric coil for Omega 8000, with the TX 0.874 mH coil and the rx 8.74mH coil, can I use it for tests on the MD Voodoo? Thank you for your answer.
    The TX inductance is on the high side at 874uH, but still lower than the Troy (1.12mH) and Tesoro (982uH) coils that were tested, so it should be OK.
    Have a look at Table 6-1 on page 75 for a comparison.

    Leave a comment:


  • sbalio1
    replied
    Hi friends can ennyone here help i have pic18f452 . I ask if i can use it .

    Leave a comment:


  • dgm
    replied
    Teknetics coil Omega 8000

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Teknetics omega 8000 coil.png
Views:	1
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	361621Hi I wanted to ask the Gurus of the Forum, I have a Teknetics concentric coil for Omega 8000, with the TX 0.874 mH coil and the rx 8.74mH coil, can I use it for tests on the MD Voodoo? Thank you for your answer.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by dgm View Post
    Thanks Mr. Waltr, I have a problem with the power supply, at PL 15 I don't have +5 volts, instead on PL 14 I have -5,
    -5V at TP14 is correct.
    Is the Clock out of the PIC processor working? Check with O'scope at TP9.

    looking at the diagram on the book I noticed that the two ground of the two stabilizers should both be connected to the 0 volts, instead there is no continuity between them. Thanks for who can answer.
    No idea what you mean about two grounds???
    Give chip designation and pin number.
    Example: U7 pin 1 of the 79L05

    If two pin that should both connect to "0V" are not then re-check your soldering.
    This assumes you are using a known good PCB. Did you buy the PCB from Silverdog or make your own?

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by dgm View Post
    Thanks Mr. Waltr, I have a problem with the power supply, at PL 15 I don't have +5 volts, instead on PL 14 I have -5, looking at the diagram on the book I noticed that the two ground of the two stabilizers should both be connected to the 0 volts, instead there is no continuity between them. Thanks for who can answer.

    Do you have your PIC installed? Without it you will not have +5 volts. I did a series of videos for the Voodoo that might be useful to you:

    Leave a comment:


  • dgm
    replied
    Thanks Mr. Waltr, I have a problem with the power supply, at PL 15 I don't have +5 volts, instead on PL 14 I have -5, looking at the diagram on the book I noticed that the two ground of the two stabilizers should both be connected to the 0 volts, instead there is no continuity between them. Thanks for who can answer.

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by dgm View Post
    Hi, I have a question to those who have more experience than me on this project, where I find information regarding PL1-13 contacts, power supply type or other. I searched the book but at the moment I couldn't. Thanks for your reply.

    PL1-13 in schematics, pages 26,18,16. Power supply on page 17.

    Leave a comment:


  • dgm
    replied
    Hi, I have a question to those who have more experience than me on this project, where I find information regarding PL1-13 contacts, power supply type or other. I searched the book but at the moment I couldn't. Thanks for your reply.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elliot
    replied
    Question for those that may know: If using the Voodoo in highly mineralised ground, will the iron discrimination function still work if there is no ground balancing circuitry on the Rx channel?

    Leave a comment:


  • RH-Lightning
    replied
    Got my book and boards.
    Very interesting project and made available to public! Thanks a lot.

    Seems that it could be a really nice shallow water detector. Fe/NonFe would help on small river beds for antique hunting.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X