Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Voodoo Main Discussion
Collapse
X
-
Thank you very much Mr. Carl, I'll do the checks right away. I will write the results as soon as possible.
-
If you have a pulse on TP9 then probe the collector of Q5. It should be an inverted version of the same waveform. Then probe the collector of Q6 (with R48 installed), it should be the same waveform as TP9. Recheck Q5 & Q6, make absolutely sure they PNP & NPN, and make sure of the pinout. Some transistors are EBC, some CEB. It's likely you have a wrong transistor, wrong pinout, or blown transistor.
Leave a comment:
-
Yes I read your post thanks for replying, I wanted to tell you that my experience in electronics is a bit rusty, with my oscilloscope I tried but I didn't succeed in it. I have built several metal detectors, but I liked the one you designed a lot. Thank you Mr. George for your patience.
Yes I have a programming impulse on the TP 9!
Leave a comment:
-
Did you see my post in #1517?Originally posted by dgm View PostGood evening, I have some problems with the voodoo project, I tried and tried again all the advice I got from the gurus of this Forum, but I haven't solved it yet. the problem of power supply +5 missing to the Tp 15, the 20k R48 if it is disconnected you have +5 volts, instead if it is connected 0.85 volts. I replaced several LT1054s purchased from different vendors, but nothing. with the R48 unplugged the circuit seems to work in both Pi and hybrid, but I have noticed that the audio is very low, and the U6 79l05 heats up a bit and the 78l05 remains cold. I don't know where to look for the problem. Thanks for your kind help.
What is the free-running frequency of your LT1054?
Do you have a sync pulse on TP9?
Leave a comment:
-
Good evening, I have some problems with the voodoo project, I tried and tried again all the advice I got from the gurus of this Forum, but I haven't solved it yet. the problem of power supply +5 missing to the Tp 15, the 20k R48 if it is disconnected you have +5 volts, instead if it is connected 0.85 volts. I replaced several LT1054s purchased from different vendors, but nothing. with the R48 unplugged the circuit seems to work in both Pi and hybrid, but I have noticed that the audio is very low, and the U6 79l05 heats up a bit and the 78l05 remains cold. I don't know where to look for the problem. Thanks for your kind help.
Leave a comment:
-
I have moved this thread to a dedicated Voodoo forum. I encourage people to open new threads for particular discussions so it becomes easier for others to find relevant information. If you have posts in this thread you would like extracted to a separate thread let me know.
Leave a comment:
-
I wanted to ask the members of this Forum who have ventured into the construction of this futuristic Metal Detector, professionally designed by Mr. George, to carry on and publish the results of their very interesting progress. Thank you Mr. George for your time on this project !!
Leave a comment:
-
Check the free-running frequency with a scope. If it's 10kHz then it's a 7660. The LT1054 has an internal clock of 25kHz.Originally posted by dgm View PostGood evening, I wanted to ask the gurus of the Forum, after having assembled the circuit of the Voodoo Project, I found the problem highlighted by Mr. Nixie post 1477, where he had reported that he did not have +5 volts on pin 15, and after removing the 20k r48 resistor, +5 volts magically appeared. From your suggestions he had been told to replace the LT1054, perhaps it was a remarked 7660. I have tried three LT1054s bought from different suppliers, but nothing. Please help me solve this question.
Thanks again for your patience.
Leave a comment:
-
I also had this problem. You need to search this thread for my solution detail. Best memory is that I added a resistor from the 1054 input to output to 'kick start' it.
Leave a comment:
-
Good evening, I wanted to ask the gurus of the Forum, after having assembled the circuit of the Voodoo Project, I found the problem highlighted by Mr. Nixie post 1477, where he had reported that he did not have +5 volts on pin 15, and after removing the 20k r48 resistor, +5 volts magically appeared. From your suggestions he had been told to replace the LT1054, perhaps it was a remarked 7660. I have tried three LT1054s bought from different suppliers, but nothing. Please help me solve this question.
Thanks again for your patience.
Leave a comment:
-
The lack of RAM issue was only when using buffering for the OLED. Unfortunately I didn't keep that version of the code as I was just experimenting with the OLED and trying to figure out the correct configuration for the AZ Delivery OLED constructor. If I recall correctly, you have to use the U8g2 library (line #18 ) and enable full buffering in the constructor (line #21).Originally posted by yatahaze323 View PostI do have a question about the Arduino nano version of the Voodoo detector. In the pdf for the nano version you mentioned that the nano had issues with the meter due to a lack of ram.
I was nearly tempted recently to purchase a couple of Nano 33 BLEs, but ended up buying some HC-05 Bluetooth modules instead as I already have the Nanos.Originally posted by yatahaze323 View PostI noticed that arduino has several newer versions of the nano that have much more ram and run at higher clock speeds. I was interested in using the Arduino Nano 33 ble https://store.arduino.cc/usa/nano-33-ble-with-headers
The pin outs and board size appears to be the similar to the original nano, I checked the .ino file and the pins used there match the pins on the nano 33 ble so it would fit the add on board that you created and match the code for the pins.
Besides adjusting the power to 3.3v for the Nano 33 ble, is there anything in the code that would need to be adjusted for the difference in clock speed?
The only alteration to the code should be changing the clockCycle on line #47 (see attached .ino)
I have attached the non-buffered OLED meter version, as that's all I have. This version does run on the standard Nano but the meter is a bit sluggish.Originally posted by yatahaze323 View PostAlso could you post an ino file or provide the code for the meter that had trouble running on the nano?
Thank you for your help!Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Ok, I understand where you're coming from.
I do have a question about the Arduino nano version of the Voodoo detector. In the pdf for the nano version you mentioned that the nano had issues with the meter due to a lack of ram.
I noticed that arduino has several newer versions of the nano that have much more ram and run at higher clock speeds. I was interested in using the Arduino Nano 33 ble https://store.arduino.cc/usa/nano-33-ble-with-headers
The pin outs and board size appears to be the similar to the original nano, I checked the .ino file and the pins used there match the pins on the nano 33 ble so it would fit the add on board that you created and match the code for the pins.
Besides adjusting the power to 3.3v for the Nano 33 ble, is there anything in the code that would need to be adjusted for the difference in clock speed?
Also could you post an ino file or provide the code for the meter that had trouble running on the nano?
Thank you for your help!
Leave a comment:
-
My thoughts on this request is that it would cause confusion by fragmenting information into two separate places. I understand that the original thread is becoming quite long, but at least you know where the information is located. If there is anything of particular interest, I tend to update post #1 with the relevant data, or post a link to the start of the discussion.Originally posted by yatahaze323 View PostI've been watching this thread since it was posted, do you think we could get a Voodoo section in the Projects area of Geotech1 forum? It would be nice to have a place beside this one thread where individuals could post their builds and ask questions. Thanks!
If you would like to share your own build with the other Geotech denizens, there is nothing to stop you creating a dedicated thread in the Tech Forum.
Just my personal view ...
Leave a comment:
-
I've been watching this thread since it was posted, do you think we could get a Voodoo section in the Projects area of Geotech1 forum? It would be nice to have a place beside this one thread where individuals could post their builds and ask questions. Thanks!
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: