Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Is C32 reverse polarity, really?
    If you're asking if C32 is supposed to have it's positive connection on the left, whereas C28 and C29 have their positive connection on the right, then the answer is "yes".
    Often I like to align polarized capacitors in the same direction, but it was not done in this instance. Generally I also like to align IC's in the same orientation, but I didn't do that either. Maybe for REV-D?

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    probably jlcpcb adds the outline itself on a base of edges drills. same politics. yes, there is not the file.
    while oshpark claims sure exact match https://docs.oshpark.com/troubleshoo...utline-issues/

    ================================
    Gerber file extension Layer
    Top - top GTL
    Bottom - bot GBL

    Top Mask - smt GTS
    Bottom Mask - smb GBS

    Top Silk - sst GTO
    Bottom Silk - ssb GBO

    Top Paste - spt
    Bottom Paste - spb
    Board - brd GBR
    ==============НАДО==============
    GTO Top Silkscreen (text)
    GTS Top Soldermask (the 'green' stuff)
    GTL Top Copper (conducting layer)
    GBL Bottom Copper
    GBS Bottom Soldermask
    GML/GKO/GBR* Board Outline*
    TXT Routing and Drill (the holes and slots)
    ================================
    The board outline is included in each Gerber file. Try viewing the silk screen, top layer, bottom layer, etc., in Gerbv. You will see that it is there.
    There's no need to fix anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    Got it fixed. May thanks to a friend of mine that is a wizard with PCBs. Is C32 reverse polarity, really?

    I also updated the silkscreen. Specifically adding names and polarity to all the connectors. Please double check that I got them all right. PDF attached.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I can guarantee that the Gerber files are fine. Try examining them in a Gerber viewer (such as Gerbv) or uploading to JLCPCB.
    probably jlcpcb adds the outline itself on a base of edges drills. same politics. yes, there is not the file.
    while oshpark claims sure exact match https://docs.oshpark.com/troubleshoo...utline-issues/

    ================================
    Gerber file extension Layer
    Top - top GTL
    Bottom - bot GBL

    Top Mask - smt GTS
    Bottom Mask - smb GBS

    Top Silk - sst GTO
    Bottom Silk - ssb GBO

    Top Paste - spt
    Bottom Paste - spb
    Board - brd GBR
    ==============НАДО==============
    GTO Top Silkscreen (text)
    GTS Top Soldermask (the 'green' stuff)
    GTL Top Copper (conducting layer)
    GBL Bottom Copper
    GBS Bottom Soldermask
    GML/GKO/GBR* Board Outline*
    TXT Routing and Drill (the holes and slots)
    ================================

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I can guarantee that the Gerber files are fine. Try examining them in a Gerber viewer (such as Gerbv) or uploading to JLCPCB.
    They work perfectly fine on JLCPCB, I made a small batch of pcbs from them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Has any one else tried to load the Gerber the files to https://oshpark.com/?

    I get to following critical error: "I can't find a board outline file."
    I can guarantee that the Gerber files are fine. Try examining them in a Gerber viewer (such as Gerbv) or uploading to JLCPCB.

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    And there is nothing i love more then proving someone wrong !

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    Has any one else tried to load the Gerber the files to https://oshpark.com/?

    I get to following critical error: "I can't find a board outline file."

    Leave a comment:


  • billr
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    From reading your numerous posts concerning the struggles you're having with the Voodoo Project, it is obvious that you don't understand the basic workings of a pulse induction metal detector, let alone the complexities of a hybrid design. I would seriously suggest that you get a copy of Inside the METAL DETECTOR, and then read and absorb the information before proceeding further, as it would help to preserve the sanity of both yourself and other Geotech members.
    LOL G

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Thanks Surf i found the answer i was looking for in the comments of your video the graphs are for a tuned loop

    Leave a comment:


  • MartinB
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt_Rowe View Post
    I already asked about 1/4 watt and such about resisters a long time ago here when i first started here,
    i thought the higher wattage would be better and handle more current because im a electrician, bigger is better but not here
    Hi Matt
    As an electrical engineer I can empathise with you, but I am enjoying this smaller side of life

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Ill just wait until the chip gets here and see for myself since no one can seem to answer it or i missed the info somewhere

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Yeah he's using a loop connected and he's adjusting for the right resistor but that still doesn't tell me if when the loop isn't connected if the waveform will still look like in the book if not im spinning my wheels i want to eliminate it all down to just the board and the jig if possible until i get the board working right also he might have a capacitor connected to the loop that might have to be in there

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    damping resistor video from surfdetector, showing wave form and the jig hooked up

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    And also thats like the 6th time 3 different people have mentioned the damping resistor plus in posts am i suppose to calculate using the inductance to get the tx value for that loop then use the jig to tune in rx or can i use the jig on tx and rx and the graphs in the book for tp5 and tp2 are those with a loop connected and the right resistor or can i get to that point just using the jig on tx and eliminate the coil the capacitor and whats suppose to be the right resistor

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X