Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverSurfer17 View Post
    Ok found out a few things like not disconnecting the rx and trying to just use the tx as a mono coil i got tp5 and tp2 looking pretty close


    it is my understanding that even a mono coil uses both the rx and tx termianls in order to work,but your image now looks good,
    now you use your jig to get the right damping resisiter by controlling the curve on the bottom trace i believe.

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Ok found out a few things like not disconnecting the rx and trying to just use the tx as a mono coil i got tp5 and tp2 looking pretty close
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    The way i always looked at it is if it had something to do with the subject at hand it mattered i have those files so then all i do is add your screen printing file to the 8 files i have now thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    @SilverSurfer17
    You upload a ZIP file containing all the needed parts. Gerber file(s), top and bottom defining all the traces. But you will also need a drill file for all the holes, and in the case of OSHPark, a separate outline file, as their importing tool is a bit dumb. There are other files, like the silk screen, which are not required, but nice to have. You might want to go through the process of designing a circuit (schematic+PCB) and having a custom PCB manufactured. Something simple like a blinky light. The cost will be well worth it, and it will fill in any gaps in your knowledge of how the process works end to end. Also, a simple googling would have answered this question. We should try to stay on the thread specific topic. Its poor form to post off topic questions.

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    Here is where im at with the correct 4066 chip and a few of the correct wattage resistors installed the wave is much closer on the right side of the wave now and the volume out of speaker is blaring now im guessing like it should be the square of the wave looks wavy so i have to figure that out

    Leave a comment:


  • SilverSurfer17
    replied
    When you order those you just give them the one main Gerber file with all the other files in it ?

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    After a bunch of price shopping, I went with jlcpcb for the PCB manufacture.

    Just some numbers, for anyone who is interested. Shipping to Brookings OR USA. Prices are the totals including shipping and taxes, in USD.
    OSHPark, $114.0, quantity of 3.
    pcbway, $52, quantity of 5.
    jlcpcb, $27.70, quantity of 5.

    Attached is my updated silk screen. George, feel free to add it to the master files on the first post, if you feel it brings value. Only things I added was labeling, and polarity when important, for the PL connections. Click image for larger version

Name:	Silk screen with PLs labeled.png
Views:	1
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	359270

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I did not have any problems viewing and manipulating the gerbers in Sprint Layout 5 and/or 6.
    Later on i sent zip-ed gerbers to JLPcb and they made me pcbs with no additional questions asks.

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    Can some one please check my silk screen and make sure I got the polarities, and labels correct?
    Thanks
    All looks good to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post
    OSHPark is expecting the outline as a separate file.
    EasyPC doesn't expect the board outline to be a separate file either. I had to create an extra Gerber plot for the board outline on its own.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by dingbatca View Post


    I also noticed I missed PL10. Just confirming that PL10 is LCD backlight control (on/off)?
    It is the on/off for the backlight, correct

    Leave a comment:


  • dingbatca
    replied
    OSHPark is expecting the outline as a separate file. I can still view them just fine. I got it fixed. And lets be clear, this is a proof of concept project. I am NOT expecting a polished and finished product. I would never want to pick on someone who spends a whole page in their book talking about magic smoke and the steps they went through to avoid it, but fails to label the polarity of VRaw (PL11) on their PCB. ;-)


    Thanks for the confirmation on C32. I will fuss about it later. Let me first prove I can build this thing!


    I also noticed I missed PL10. Just confirming that PL10 is LCD backlight control (on/off)?


    Can some one please check my silk screen and make sure I got the polarities, and labels correct?
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    You can provide the board outline separately if you like, but my preference is to add it to the separate layers. That's always worked with any PCB manufacturer I've used previously.
    ok. i suggest you just to make the file and put it in general pocket. let the people go.
    pleasure

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    sorry, George, board outline is always a separate file in files' pocket. this is just your understanding.
    silk screen, top layer, bottom layer, etc, files are NOT for the board outline, not bringing relation to board outline.
    You can provide the board outline separately if you like, but my preference is to add it to the separate layers. That's always worked with any PCB manufacturer I've used previously.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    The board outline is included in each Gerber file. Try viewing the silk screen, top layer, bottom layer, etc., in Gerbv. You will see that it is there.
    There's no need to fix anything.
    sorry, George, board outline is always a separate file in files' pocket. this is just your understanding.
    silk screen, top layer, bottom layer, etc, files are NOT for the board outline, not bringing relation to board outline.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X