Originally posted by andon80
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Voodoo Main Discussion
Collapse
X
-
i eliminated the 5 pin and wired it right into the pcb that inner core to positive and the ground mesh to ground and on the other end one side to one of the tx coil and the ground to the other side and have the shield and the rx disconnected and i ohmed out the cable and coil and they ohm out so its not the cable oh and i have the jig wired one end to the positive side of the coil and the other side to the ground side and nothing changes plugging in the coil or changing the resistance on the jig
Leave a comment:
-
I pissed in his wheaties asking to many questions old people don't like to many questions and young bucks think they know it all but anyways i got the battery together got the converter and the input voltage is 15.65 volts output voltage is 15.15 and the trimmers on the dc to dc converter does nothing to lower voltage and i got the circuit protector made also George in the book it said something about 15 volts max i think i read im gonna look again but is that 15.0 volts max
Leave a comment:
-
billr stop sending me pm's you really are a annoying pest and troll, George how do I block this troll from sending pm's to me.
Leave a comment:
-
I wouldn't say that it's a "matter of concern".Originally posted by billr View PostGeorge.
As I understand. Much of the concern with the project is the lack of detection range. Correct me if I am wrong.
If so. Is it not possible to add a further amp downstream to increase the signal strength at the coil whilst retaining the pickup signal on the LCD where it is? A multi layer system with boost.
Conversely. Could an additional circuit be used to alter the characteristics of the detector so that it recognizes more traditional coils with greater range than specialized coils for its purpose?
I ask because in my mechanical background it is not unfamiliar to see several stages of similar applications used to produce the desired output performance and was curious to know if this principle can be applied to electronics.
The intention of Voodoo was to produce a PI detector that was capable of rejecting iron, and was able to find non-ferrous targets hiding among ferrous trash.
A standard PI (one that detects all metal) will always have greater depth when compared to Voodoo because it uses a self-adjusting threshold (SAT). i.e. a slow single-differentiating filter rather than double-differentiating.
You can easily determine if a detector is non-motion (NM), single-differentiating (SDiff), or double-differentiating (DDiff) with a simple test. Hold a coin stationary a few inches from the coil. If the audio tone does not die away then the detector is NM. If it does, then it's either SDiff or DDiff. Now move the coin to one side away from the coil. If you don't get a beep it's SDiff, but if it beeps it's DDiff.
A detector with SDiff filters (or SAT) will start to detect a target as it approaches the side of the coil, whereas a detector with DDiff filters will start to detect the target as it crosses the centre of the coil. The bottom line is that the detection area is smaller for DDiff, which is why it has far better target separation than SDiff. For a standard PI, target separation is not an issue. However, for Voodoo (and for the majority of VLF detectors) DDiff is necessary to be able reduce the effects of iron masking.
In my test garden (which is littered with ferrous trash) any detector with SDiff filters, or extremely slow DDiff filters, will fail miserably when attempting to find the buried non-ferrous targets. If you use a standard PI in the test garden the audio beeping sounds like a machine gun as it detects everything.
This is why I suspect Don's variant will have difficulties with target separation due to the use of a self-adjusting threshold, and ground effect in the discriminating channel.Last edited by Qiaozhi; 02-22-2021, 01:07 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
George.
As I understand. Much of the concern with the project is the lack of detection range. Correct me if I am wrong.
If so. Is it not possible to add a further amp downstream to increase the signal strength at the coil whilst retaining the pickup signal on the LCD where it is? A multi layer system with boost.
Conversely. Could an additional circuit be used to alter the characteristics of the detector so that it recognizes more traditional coils with greater range than specialized coils for its purpose?
I ask because in my mechanical background it is not unfamiliar to see several stages of similar applications used to produce the desired output performance and was curious to know if this principle can be applied to electronics.
Leave a comment:
-
The posts are on page 41 if anyone is interested.Originally posted by 6666 View PostDid you all miss the posts from billr #1003 and #1007
where he declared himself the forum police man and he demanded that we supply him with all our information so he can complete his project
and he demanded that we all stop posting and we must obey.
Also, read my response in post #1006.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi 6666, Just re-read those posts, yes, left me bewildered, he says he has the parts, the book etc, so really he's in the same boat as the rest of us. Patience is a virtue, even though frustrating,,,,just follow the book, keep an eye on everyone elses progress and ask questions where and when necassary,,,that's my philosophy! Hope the wife is in better health!,,stay safe,,Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
Did you all miss the posts from billr #1003 and #1007
where he declared himself the forum police man and he demanded that we supply him with all our information so he can complete his project
and he demanded that we all stop posting and we must obey.
Leave a comment:
-
Hiya MartinB,,,Hope you're safe and well!,,,,Soz, I'm no good with a paintbrush!,,Lol,,I leave all that side of stuff to my better half Claire! I'm only good at making a mess with sawdust! Glad your Voodoo's coming along,,,I'm still undecided which enclosure to use. The enclosure I use determines the wire length I have to calculate from the PCB up through the handle to the LCD/Buttons. I don't have enough crimps for the 24 wires to do it twice so that's what's stopping me getting any further at the moment. I've also recently finished building a Bandsaw and and a 2x72 Belt grinder so when the next stage of my Voodoo is done I'll be cutting all the parts I need for the various Coil formers I want to build and experiment with. I haven't forgotten about the PIC but I'll re-flash that sometime soon also. Looking forward to seeing your coil results. Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
-
Fancy doing some decorating for me?Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View PostHi all!,,,Just a quick post to ask ''Where's everyone gone''? I have only just recently finished all of the major repairs on my house I've had to do so I should be able to get back on the Voodoo project in the next few days. @Lamoiz,,''Where are you''? ''How's all the Coil experiments going''? Not seen any posts from you for ages! It would be great to see your results and progress. Regards, Marty.
VOODOO is complete, just playing with coils now. Don't forget to update your PIC to latest version.
Leave a comment:
-
Me too!!!!,,,Why must we stop posting? I find that hilarious!,,Lol,,,Is he the nominated Supervisor now? Can't get my breath,,Lol,,''Onwards to Victory''! ''For we are Sparticus''! Regards, Marty.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: