Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • godigit1
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    I wouldn't rely on the SRF of the coil to determine the RX frequency, but you could always try it and see what happens.
    Thanks Qiaozhi,
    I may try it see what happens look at the q between both ways if it works.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    There is a eastern egg hidden in the code!
    ----
    Vomiting?!
    Oh no!
    It is covid!
    URGENTLY you must drink glass of bleach to save yourself!
    Hurry up, minutes are in question!

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Wow!
    There is a eastern egg hidden in the code!
    Press all the buttons together and switch it On.
    Than it displays this:


    [ATTACH]53972[/ATTACH]



    Very funny.
    But you've spelled "stolen" incorrectly. "Stollen" is a traditional German fruit bread that is eaten during Christmas.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    There is a eastern egg hidden in the code!
    ----

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Wow!
    There is a eastern egg hidden in the code!
    Press all the buttons together and switch it On.
    Than it displays this:


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201213_163621.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	358759



    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I don't know what happened in meantime... but today just for fun i tried again to build from source in mikroC PRO for PIC 6.6.3 and it DID !??
    No errors. Builds fast and fine.
    So i flashed 18F45K22 on "Ready for PIC" board.
    Ok, i assume when put in detector hardware; some functions will probably misbehave due differences between 18F4520 and 18F45K22.
    But this is at least something. Now i am sure i can use this development board for flashing 18F series.
    Also i can compile and build the code with mikroC PRO for PIC 6.6.3.
    As completely AVR user i see this as successful attempt.
    I was thinking to buy Pickit3 programmer especially for this project. Now there is no need. "Ready for PIC" is finishing the job just fine.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201213_143718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	358757
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201213_143720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	358758

    To make this to work i had to change few lines in the code.

    Instead of this:


    Code:
    // LCD assignments
    sbit LCD_D4 at RB3_bit;                          // Data line 4
    sbit LCD_D5 at RB2_bit;                          // Data line 5
    sbit LCD_D6 at RB1_bit;                          // Data line 6
    sbit LCD_D7 at RB0_bit;                          // Data line 7
    sbit LCD_RS at RB5_bit;                          // Register select
    sbit LCD_EN at RB4_bit;                          // Enable
    
    
    // LCD Port direction
    sbit LCD_RS_Direction at TRISB5_bit;             // Register select
    sbit LCD_EN_Direction at TRISB4_bit;             // Enable
    sbit LCD_D7_Direction at TRISB0_bit;             // Data bit 7
    sbit LCD_D6_Direction at TRISB1_bit;             // Data bit 6
    sbit LCD_D5_Direction at TRISB2_bit;             // Data bit 5
    sbit LCD_D4_Direction at TRISB3_bit;             // Data bit 4
    I had to put this:

    Code:
    // LCD module connections
    sbit LCD_RS at LATB2_bit;
    sbit LCD_EN at LATB3_bit;
    sbit LCD_D4 at LATB4_bit;
    sbit LCD_D5 at LATB5_bit;
    sbit LCD_D6 at LATB6_bit;
    sbit LCD_D7 at LATB7_bit;
    
    
    sbit LCD_RS_Direction at TRISB2_bit;
    sbit LCD_EN_Direction at TRISB3_bit;
    sbit LCD_D4_Direction at TRISB4_bit;
    sbit LCD_D5_Direction at TRISB5_bit;
    sbit LCD_D6_Direction at TRISB6_bit;
    sbit LCD_D7_Direction at TRISB7_bit;
    // End LCD module connections
    Since previously i wired up the LCD according to LCD example that came from ME.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Looks like the Voodoo pre amp is capable of sub 10 us sampling as tested in Pi mode. i was wondering if my coil was going to be too fast but its right at 7 to 8 us as the voodoo is in my testing.
    The !8 dual field DD is capable of hitting a one.2 gram nugget at 4 easy inches and a two gram 10 K ring at 12" with a nice response on a MPP.
    Thinking this looks good for the Voodoo if I can keep the Rx As fast.
    .
    Hi, I am unclear if you are testing your DD on the Voodoo at this time or currently just on the MPP? I would like to see a scope shot of the pre-amp output if possible. Your experimentation is very interesting to follow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Hi Qiaozhi,
    Can I omit the resonant capacitor in my coil if my free running SRF in my Rx coil Is 7.8 Khz ? I may try to design a free running 10 .5Khz but if I don't have to go there it would be nice .

    Still trying to learn Vlf Coils.

    Thanks
    I wouldn't rely on the SRF of the coil to determine the RX frequency, but you could always try it and see what happens.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Could you say which F75 coil you have thanks
    https://md-hunter.com/wiki/fisher-f75/
    This is the one:
    Kellyco Metal Detectors has the perfect metal detector for you- whether you are a beginner or experienced. From Security to Hobby- Begin your search today!

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    hi everyone, yesterday and this morning, I worked on the super D, I really get better results than with the omega, the detection distance is greater, .. which is normal, since the detection surface is also larger, it is felt on gold, and on smaller object. I will therefore now do some tests with other Rx frequencies. the same as those on omega from last week.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Hi Qiaozhi,
    Can I omit the resonant capacitor in my coil if my free running SRF in my Rx coil Is 7.8 Khz ? I may try to design a free running 10 .5Khz but if I don't have to go there it would be nice .

    Still trying to learn Vlf Coils.

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Looks like the Voodoo pre amp is capable of sub 10 us sampling as tested in Pi mode. i was wondering if my coil was going to be too fast but its right at 7 to 8 us as the voodoo is in my testing.
    The !8 dual field DD is capable of hitting a one.2 gram nugget at 4 easy inches and a two gram 10 K ring at 12" with a nice response on a MPP.
    Thinking this looks good for the Voodoo if I can keep the Rx As fast.
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    Have you not read the book?
    no, i have to watch my money because of my chemo and bills right now, i had to retire because of this disease. so only have SSI

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt_Rowe
    replied
    i delete this double post, im trying but wont let me

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi Lamoiz,
    I am getting about 4.5" on a 3 gram 18k ring with standard default settings in PI mode and about 4" in Hybrid
    I am getting about 6" on a 7 gram 14k ring with standard default settings in PI and Hybrid modes
    The coil I am using is a Fisher F75
    I conducted these readings inside my house as it is raining very hard here today so that must be taken into account as a factor.

    I have yet to take my machine out to the beach as I am still waiting for a carbon fiber tube for a shaft. I prefer to do testing as part of a real hunt as opposed to using a ruler.

    Could you say which F75 coil you have thanks

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X