Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @6666,,,Sorry to hear the bad news about your wife. I hope she recovers quickly and is ok. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    My book has arrived only took a month, was printed and shipped from USA, boo to amazon Australia.
    but hit a blocker , still waiting for parts and missus is in hospital after mild heart attack so that will be a distraction for a while

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya Lamoiz, I won't be starting just yet. I only recieved my 79L05's and PIC IC Sockets today. I'm planning to build in stages and take my time as I want to make a record of my build so I will be taking my first photos and notes tonight. Tomorrow I will make a start by installing the IC Sockets first then building the Power supply. Are you building yours in steps? I wouldn't just install your components as they arrive or you may run into problems. As George said, You should build the Power supply first, then the Transmitter circuit then the LCD circuit so you are able to check your voltages before you move on. I hope you have a successful build Lamoiz. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    update on your achievements, where are you?
    I weld the components that arrive at the units in my postal mailbox ... and you?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks George. The first coil I'm building is based on the 'Small' coil in the book wth the same Inductances. Would I use these same jumper settings on PL7 and PL8 as the Troy coil please? Having trouble understanding this 'Inverting' and 'Non-inverting' term,,,still learning,,Lol. Thanks, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hiya George. Could you give us a little more insight into the 'Jumper pin' settings please and how to set them up and the other settings they may be used for ? Thanks, Regards, Marty.
    Jumpers J1-J3 are there for future experimentation. They are unused in the current software version.
    If you're referring to the polarity jumpers PL7 & PL8, their use is explained on page 19.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by godigit1 View Post
    Hi Marty,
    [ATTACH]53681[/ATTACH]

    this is the first one Ive built, in the picture everything is over wrapped a few turns.
    Final #s are 30 awg 40/46 wire 27 turns 4" I.D
    Tx 385uh Rx 2.04nH. 30 awg magnet wire. 8" I.D
    Bucking coil ended up 6and about 34 turns with a final null at 0 to 800uV.

    One down .

    Hi GD, is this basicly how you wound it ?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya George. Could you give us a little more insight into the 'Jumper pin' settings please and how to set them up and the other settings they may be used for ? Thanks, Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks George. I don't know if the LCD's I have from a previous project have their own backlight but what I wanted to do was contain all the LCD wires and the Menu Button wires inside one cable so I may buy a 1 metre strip of 26 way ribbon cable and place a 24 way plug socket on the front of the Voodoo enclosure then I'm hoping I can 'Roll' the ribbon circular, like a tube, so it can travel up through my handle to the LCD Enclosure,,,I have a few ideas to try. Thanks again. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hiya George,,,Can you tell me what wire/cable you used to that connects to the LCD and Menu buttons please? (FIG 44: Page 36). Trying to find some wire and some type of connectors for when I get to this step of building. Thanks, Marty.
    This is the actual reel of cable that I bought -> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13-Core-M...ar=&hash=item0
    but it is no longer available.
    The bottom line is that you need 14 individual wires to connect the LCD and menu buttons if the LCD has a backlight, and 13 wires if the LCD does not have one.
    I had to do a lot of searching to find a suitable 13-core cable. An alternative would be to use two multi-core cables. It does not need to be shielded.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    George,

    Referencing Fig 6-7 of your book, the Fisher F75 to Voodoo Adapter cable:

    Did you actually insert the 33nF capacitor that is between pins 1 and 2 into the cable assembly? Thanks.
    Fig. 3-15 shows that the tuning capacitor is recommended to be fitted inside the coil plug.
    In the case of the Fisher F75 adapter cable (Fig. 6-7) you have a choice. Either fit the 33nF capacitor inside the plug (as before), or the socket. Personally I would put it in the plug.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya George,,,Can you tell me what wire/cable you used to that connects to the LCD and Menu buttons please? (FIG 44: Page 36). Trying to find some wire and some type of connectors for when I get to this step of building. Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • surfdetector
    replied
    George,

    Referencing Fig 6-7 of your book, the Fisher F75 to Voodoo Adapter cable:

    Did you actually insert the 33nF capacitor that is between pins 1 and 2 into the cable assembly? Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks Godigit. Great of you to take the time to put together the guide to building your coil,,and thanks for the pics. I will be having a go at this coil along with the others I've made templates for,,,,I can see I'm going to be very busy this Winter with all the coils builds,,but I'm totally looking forward to it! Thanks again and stay safe, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • godigit1
    replied
    Thanks for getting to me so fast.
    I was able to fix it and your welcome hope it helps.
    Be Well

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X