Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voodoo Main Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surfdetector
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hiya Qiaozhi,,Would it be possble for you to post a pic of the schematic please as the diagrams in the book are really hard to read with them being small diagrams? Also, when we start to build the Voodoo, is it best to start with the power supply, as like the Minipulse build, and if so could you let us know what the voltage checks should be once this step has been built? Thanks,,Sorry for all the questions,,Hope I'm not doing your head in,,Lol. Regards, Marty.
    Hi Marty,

    TP1 is to be used as the ground reference (battery +) (0 volts)
    TP14 is the -5V from the 79L05
    TP15 is the +5V from the 78L05

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Until my book arrives; i am silent.
    It took 2 days to arrive on address in CH.
    Now it will take probably two months to arrive here.

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by silverdog View Post
    Sure - I'll refund one of the shipping charges
    thank you silverdog, if not you can put in my order some other components, a 4066 or other .. as you please ..
    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya Qiaozhi,,Would it be possble for you to post a pic of the schematic please as the diagrams in the book are really hard to read with them being small diagrams? Also, when we start to build the Voodoo, is it best to start with the power supply, as like the Minipulse build, and if so could you let us know what the voltage checks should be once this step has been built? Thanks,,Sorry for all the questions,,Hope I'm not doing your head in,,Lol. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by lamoiz View Post
    silverdog, I made a mistake when ordering the pcb, I forgot the pic .. so I made two orders; be nice to me on the shipping costs! thank you.
    Sure - I'll refund one of the shipping charges

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    silverdog, I made a mistake when ordering the pcb, I forgot the pic .. so I made two orders; be nice to me on the shipping costs! thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    I tried doing a search for the woven nickel/copper cloth tape by 'Cidimall' but couldn't find it. I did find what I believe to be the same tape, with conductive adhesive, that I'm going to give a try in my coil experiments. It's ?11.95 for a roll of 20mm x 50m. I'll probably compare this to a 2nd coil shielded with graphite so I can log the differences in my results. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thank you Qiaozhi again for the info. Just awaiting my PCB now so I can begin building. Thanks for the link also. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • silverdog
    replied
    Boards have arrived https://diydetector.co.uk/store/inde...oller=category
    Pre-programmed PIC https://diydetector.co.uk/store/inde...roller=product

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Thanks Qiaozhi. Do both coils have to be shielded separately or both coils as a whole? And does the shield wire go to 0v? Thanks, Marty.
    If you use graphite as the shielding inside the coil shell then this will shield both loops. Alternatively you can shield each loop independently using conductive tape.
    The shield should be connected to 0V (which is Batt+ in the Voodoo project).
    Here's a post describing Eric's method for shielding coils ->
    General tech discussions on all types of metal detectors: VLF, 2-box, BFO, off-resonance, PLL, etc. Questions, ideas, and anything else that moves you.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Thanks Qiaozhi. Do both coils have to be shielded separately or both coils as a whole? And does the shield wire go to 0v? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    @Qiaozhi,,,Just out of curiosity, how would we go about the shieldng of these coils? Would they be shielded in the same way as a VLF Concentric,,like 'Graphite' or similar? Thanks, Marty.
    Shielding is advisable, using whatever method you prefer.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Qiaozhi,,,Just out of curiosity, how would we go about the shieldng of these coils? Would they be shielded in the same way as a VLF Concentric,,like 'Graphite' or similar? Thanks, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Lamoiz,,,It'll be great for everyone to exchange and compare coil data,,,This is going to be a top project and thread! Regards, Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • lamoiz
    replied
    Originally posted by surfdetector View Post
    Hi Marty,
    It would be great if you could do a post with some pictures of the steps involved to make your coil. That would be a great addition.
    Cheers
    As soon as I have the voodoo pcb in my hands, I start my test coils, too.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X