Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very large DD coil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kt315
    replied
    wind round the winding by rope. take a wide one. take cheapest. paper or canvas done. may do several layers (of the rope). then
    only wind around sticky scotch lenta, also several layers. after that put at the place and fill the epoxy resin.
    you get the coils in air, not saturated by resin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    I know I do not have to, but it seems to me that the resin will give the coil additional stiffness, and the low weight of the coil is not so important. In addition, the resin mixed with the carbon fiber will become slightly conductive and will constitute an electrostatic screen [for the receiving coil only]. If you know a better solutions - hint, if it's not a secret.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    first mistake. you do not have to flood coils the epoxy resin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    Today I cut in the plate of the soil under the winding of 5 transmitting coils, which will flood the epoxy resin

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180521_164503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	451.0 KB
ID:	351328
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180521_173555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	351329

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    Has anyone tried to use a program (eg ANSYS (?)) that allows you to easily simulate and estimate the location of TX transmit coils relative to the RX receiving coil depending on their geometry, the number of coils wound and currents and induced voltages to achieve induction balance in the real system?

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    I have already collected all the necessary materials: enamelled winding wire, extruded polystyrene foam, carbon fiber, graphite, epoxy resin with hardener, shielded cables, plugs, DC-DC converters and a router to cut grooves on the coil winding.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180504_124205.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	732.9 KB
ID:	351177

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Carbon fiber sheets or cloth sound interesting.

    Please post on how well it works.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    It is not a 3 mm rigid sheet, but a very thin fabric or roving

    Click image for larger version

Name:	carbon.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	350988

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Funny you should mention carbon fibre. I measured some 3mm sheet. Two points 6" apart measure a dead short 0 ohms. Should be able to bolt directly to the surface after the sanding through the surface. As far as I know carbon sheet not been tried.

    Cloth has and a reliable method of attaching it to the cable wasn't found

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    I was thinking about monolithic shielding of the receiving coil, but I have to ask. - Has anyone tried to shield the coil with eg a carbon fiber fabric?

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    I already have 7805 as a temporary solution. Ultimately, it will be a DC-DC converter

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    first mistake. you do a reostat. better way to use impulse

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    OK. I decided to solve the problem the easiest way. The stabilizer is in the socket, so I check if the detector will work properly after replacing it with standard 1A, eg LM7805. which has worse parameters: higher quiescent current and higher input voltage from LP2951 to work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    If, however, the stabilizer's performance was insufficient, can I increase it in a simple way, is it not right and it can cause some problems?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Power_coil__.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	350978

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • Krzychu_
    replied
    I do not care about super sensitivity. The detector will be used for relatively large objects lying at a small depth. I am looking for and asking a lot of questions not to commit some stupid mistake, but I am most interested in specific, the simplest suggested solutions (eg "I would do it like this ..."), which will have a chance to work with DFX without advanced modifications.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X