Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is only one detector better than Deus - it is Deus with larger coil!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Magic Ζεϊμπέκικο dance!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by skif View Post
    I know almost everything about Haniotis and Kassandra, may email if any interest, South Greece is very picturesque as well...
    I lived on Creta island, Chania, for over the year and half. Paradise on Earth.
    Intend to go back there in next few years.

    Leave a comment:


  • skif
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    I planned to go to Hanioti this year and changed my destination in almost last minute.
    I know almost everything about Haniotis and Kassandra, may email if any interest, South Greece is very picturesque as well...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Btw have anyone heard about new 27cm coil for Deus?
    I heard rumors about some "limited" edition !?
    What's the story about those so called "limited" editions?
    Fisher also put sticker "limited" on their F75.
    Strange kind of humor, i say.
    Because if some product turns to be wanted by customers than it is stupid to make it in limited quantities
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by skif View Post
    Nice music, Santorini in the clip... I was there in 1999 - ))) So you are between Larissa and Thessaloniki range. I just returned from Cassandra/Khalkidhiki - my favorite place, if you would be earlier in June I could see you from Possidi beach, lol…
    Yes, Olimpiaki Akti is 4 km away from Paralia. I am delighted with it. Next year i might change place and go to Asprovalta, because i like to change and see different places.
    I planned to go to Hanioti this year and changed my destination in almost last minute.


    Leave a comment:


  • skif
    replied
    Nice music, Santorini in the clip... I was there in 1999 - ))) So you are between Larissa and Thessaloniki range. I just returned from Cassandra/Khalkidhiki - my favorite place, if you would be earlier in June I could see you from Possidi beach, lol…

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Thames Mudlarks are heavily regulated, but what they do is both keeping the significant finds at home (Museum of London), and Mudlarks get their fun. That's the way things are supposed to work, and that's the touch of real archaeologists, true to their function in society. That's also the way Saxon hoard was found, and also kept at home.
    Greek and Croatian "solution" on the other hand is simple charlatanism. It serves nothing useful.

    Just my 5 cents...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by skif View Post
    Greece is the worst place for MD in the world. I have been there for abt 10 years. It is completely prohibited, even to have MD in your car without special document., i.e. post receipt that you have sent the registry letter ( issued by MD seller ) to Ministry of Culture. If they cought you, your visa will be closed for some years... HH!

    In any case I found there one coin of king Otton, sold for 400 euros to local fans along with some other antic coins. Normaly the best hunting there - deep night with budy in the mountains... In abt year 2007 two retired officers were cought in Varimbomby royal park near Athens and got abt 5 years each in prison Police found then via internet forum. But the seller of my first Exp II in Atens told me that you have to be completely stupid if police would catch you, be careful and everything will be ok...
    I think beach hunting is nice hobby and not necessary to be taken as prohibited, anywhere and especially not in Greece, due many nice beaches they have there.
    On the other hand; i agree and support protection of national cultural and historical heritages. Artifacts should stay "at home", place of origin.
    Usually i make jokes and try to be funny on such topics and someone can take me wrong because of that.
    Of course i didn't bring Deus with me there, nor any other model. I went there on holiday, enjoying sea, sun, giros and lot of other nice stuff!
    But, once i got there and saw the situation; i felt sorry because i haven't brought at least Barracuda!
    Because i had lot of spare time, nothing else to do.
    Couldn't sleep most of the time (it would be crime to sleep and waste precious time on such nice place)... so i could have some detector in my hands and i could walk on beaches during the
    evenings and have even more extra fun... but i didn't bring it with me...
    I wouldn't even try to visit any of the protected sites there with detector, no way.
    But i would gladly try to make fun and spend some time doing beach hunting, oh yeah!
    Maybe next summer!

    Leave a comment:


  • skif
    replied
    Greece is the worst place for MD in the world. I have been there for abt 10 years. It is completely prohibited, even to have MD in your car without special document., i.e. post receipt that you have sent the registry letter ( issued by MD seller ) to Ministry of Culture. If they cought you, your visa will be closed for some years... HH!

    In any case I found there one coin of king Otton, sold for 400 euros to local fans along with some other antic coins. Normaly the best hunting there - deep night with budy in the mountains... In abt year 2007 two retired officers were cought in Varimbomby royal park near Athens and got abt 5 years each in prison Police found then via internet forum. But the seller of my first Exp II in Atens told me that you have to be completely stupid if police would catch you, be careful and everything will be ok...

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Guess it is the same in all countries with incompetent and underfunded archaeologists. Croatia is the same.

    The laws here are so incredibly stupid that a regular Joe on whose property lays some historically significant ... thing, is supposed to pay (!) something called a "monument rent", so the best option for a regular Joe is to rent a bulldozer and level the damned ...thing to the ground before it is even recognised as a historical find.

    Say how stupid is that?!?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Aiko View Post
    By the way, what is the law treatment of the relic hunters in Greece? In Bulgaria it is horrible - all we are criminals for the society
    Same as in Serbia: you are not guilty if they don't catch you! Otherwise.....


    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    By the way, what is the law treatment of the relic hunters in Greece? In Bulgaria it is horrible - all we are criminals for the society

    Leave a comment:


  • Aiko
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Look the size of this hole and take a wild guess!
    You bring 1x1m PI

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Olympus mountain... place where gods are residing... me among them!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0184.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	337448

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X