hi i downloaded the program and worked fine but still i have to build the probes can i use co-ax cable and solder in c/p with other components as here will not find probes. can you state the voltage and frequency range .
thanks
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PC based oscilloscope
Collapse
X
-
That should read: There is a difference in frequency and sampling range, current, etc.Originally posted by multieagle View PostThere is quite a difference in frequency and voltage range.
Leave a comment:
-
What is the difference between:Originally posted by 6666 View Postmultieagle
while I have not tested a USB Oscilloscope they could be worth a try for the price.
2 Channel PC Computer Digital Storage USB Oscilloscope
Technical Parameters:
- PC Connection: USB
- Operating systems used: W2K, XP (does not work with Windows 7)
- Signal input: BMC connection with universal oscillograph probe
- Max sampling: 8kHz x 1/ (4kHz x 2)
- Voltage: 5V USB port supply
- Current: 60mA
- Measurable frequency: 0Hz -----3kHz
- DIV array: horizontal 16DIV x vertical 10DIV
- Input impedance: 1MΩ
- Max voltage: 0---5V
- Error of voltage measurement: ±30mV
- Adjustable range of time domain: 10 mS/DIV----10800 S/DIV
- Error of time measurement: ±0.01%
- Capacity of data record & save: 8388608 x 2
- Max time of data record & save: 93 hours
&
5 Channel PC Computer Digital Storage USB Oscilloscope
Specifications:
- Computer connection: USB 2.0
- Signal input: BNC connection with universal oscillograph probe
- Max sampling rate: 150k
- Voltage: 5V USB port supply
- Current: 170mA
- Frequency measurement range: 0Hz - 50KHz
- DIV array: Horizontal 16DIV * vertical 10DIV
- Adjustable voltage range: 10mV/DIV-----100mV/DIV
- Input impedance: 1Mω
- Max display range: ± 8DIV
- Max measuring voltage: ± 800MV, ± 8V when probe is X10
- Voltage measurement error: ± 2.5%
- Vertical baseline adjustable range: 6DIV
- Time domain adjustable range: 100uS/DIV—-8192S/DIV
- Time domain error: ± 0.1%
- Data record and save capacity: 8388608 * 5
- Max data record and save time: 93 hours
Does the 5 Channel version allow more options, or does it relate to being able to hook up, or run multiple tests at one time? I would assume for purposes of testing kit metal detectors and coils, the 2 Channel version would be acceptable? There is quite a difference in frequency and voltage range.
Thanks.
Gord
Leave a comment:
-
multieagle
while I have not tested a USB Oscilloscope they could be worth a try for the price.
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
On the connection you have line in top and gnd middle, where does the links connection go at the bottom?Originally posted by 6666 View PostThis is the recommended probe .
I mounted it into a diecast box with BNC connector to attach a real CRO probe
and shielded cable to the sound card.
Leave a comment:
-
HiOriginally posted by 6666 View PostFor some time I have been interested to see if any of the FREE sound card PC based oscilloscope programs were of any use to fault find on low PPS PI detectors IE: Surf PI.
I made the recommended probe for the Scope Program ver 1.4 and tested it on a simple 555 @3 volts running at 137 PPS.
The program started and after a bit of a fiddle with some of the settings to see what they did, and selected LINE IN, in settings,
I connected up the probe to the sound card, and put my finger on the end of the probe, and there was a 50hz wave form.
On to the 555, I was very nervous connecting the probe to a 3 volt circuit as I did not want to damage the sound card, and made sure the clipping diodes worked, but it works.
In the picture you can see the wave form from the 555, single channel, its not perfect , has a little wobble, but may be usefull for somebody that only has a multimeter for testing.
One good thing in FREQUENCY mode the program showed a PPS of 137, which matched the frequency counter on my two digital
multimeter's .
Program was running on a 3.2ghz p4 with Windows XP. http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/scope_en
I am trying to get over a virus right now, but my intention is when I get a bit better, I intend to do some comparisons between my real CRO and the PC based oscilloscope.
6666
I got that program on my laptop , it come along way since the original, never got far as making the probe assembly up because manged to repair my cal scope.
I mentioned that program on here some time ago and all I got was negative feedback but saying that don't think anyone really tried it like you have with correct probes so if you could carry on doing other tests because as you say its way better than not having anything. and also could could come in handy when doing basic field tests in the middle of no where if it up for it.
Thanks for posting
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, USB. Search eBay for: PC Computer Digital Storage USB Oscilloscope. I downloaded the free one on the net, but have not yet used it.
Leave a comment:
-
The software I am testing is available free from the link.
I cannot comment on what you are looking at on ebay, is it a usb device ?
I have not tested any usb devices.
6666
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks, I was looking for some manner of discussion. These are available on eBay at rather reasonable cost. Guess they actually work? Would suppose the lower end units are rather restricted as to what they can measure?
Leave a comment:
-
This is the recommended probe .
I mounted it into a diecast box with BNC connector to attach a real CRO probe
and shielded cable to the sound card.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
PC based oscilloscope
For some time I have been interested to see if any of the FREE sound card PC based oscilloscope programs were of any use to fault find on low PPS PI detectors IE: Surf PI.
I made the recommended probe for the Scope Program ver 1.4 and tested it on a simple 555 @3 volts running at 137 PPS.
The program started and after a bit of a fiddle with some of the settings to see what they did, and selected LINE IN, in settings,
I connected up the probe to the sound card, and put my finger on the end of the probe, and there was a 50hz wave form.
On to the 555, I was very nervous connecting the probe to a 3 volt circuit as I did not want to damage the sound card, and made sure the clipping diodes worked, but it works.
In the picture you can see the wave form from the 555, single channel, its not perfect , has a little wobble, but may be usefull for somebody that only has a multimeter for testing.
One good thing in FREQUENCY mode the program showed a PPS of 137, which matched the frequency counter on my two digital
multimeter's .
Program was running on a 3.2ghz p4 with Windows XP. http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/scope_en
I am trying to get over a virus right now, but my intention is when I get a bit better, I intend to do some comparisons between my real CRO and the PC based oscilloscope.
6666Attached FilesTags: None
Leave a comment: