X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valchev View Post
    Of course my GPR may be not ideal,
    You are right about that
    but i am absolutely sure that all your antennas FLB-390, HA1000 AND HA2000 are not so suitable for treasure hunting and can not work so deeply as my GPR.
    Here you are partially right, the HA1000 and HA2000 are horn antennas specifically designed for road applications. They are used in tunnel inspections, but I don't think anyone would use these devices for anything else. The idea is to be able to measure the thickness of the asphalt layer and the road bed.
    The FLB-390 is an air launched antenna, not very good for finding small things neither, but for caves and all that sort of cavities is perfect. It was developed from the start to be used detecting lava pipes in La Reunion Island in the Pacific Ocean. The penetration there is around 4 meters and the conductivity there is pretty high between 15 and 30 mS/m.
    I cannot make assumptions on how deep your antennas reach, so I won't be making statements like yours to be "sure" about something. But, in general I don't see why this could not be well suited for finding chests, cavities etc.
    This You have not enough experience in real condition.
    Here Valchev you are taking a dangerous road, as before, you don't know me and where I have been or not been to make this kind of statements.
    One thing I can tell you, I have never been searching for treasures or involved in a treasure hunting campaign or anything remotely linked to that. I have a few customers who do so, but I'm not that kind of person.
    You must be driven to do this kind of stuff and I personally prefer the sure gain than to rely on my odds.
    None the less, I have done quite a few archaeological surveys which is why we are members of the ISAP. I don't see much difference between treasure hunting and archaeology surveys, but then again I have never been in a treasure hunting survey so, how would I know? Is the same as with you, you most probably, I cannot know that for sure, haven't surveyed any road or agricultural field, or snow deposits, so how would you know what is needed?
    If you wish i will explain why your antennas a not so good for treasure hunting.
    If that is concerning the HA1000 and the HA2000 then it won't be necessary, as explained above they are good for road and tunnels surveys nothing else. If that is concerning the FLB-390 then I'd like to hear your opinion, of course. Concerning all other antennas we sell you cannot have any opinion at all because except our sales reps and the customer who have bought them, nobody has that information yet.
    By the way you forgot to write the frequency of your antennas, i can only to suppose that the number is equivalent to frequency may be.
    We relay mainly on our sales reps for passing info to the end customer and most of the time the web site is 6 to 8 months behind the current development. You see, putting a datasheet out to the public demands us to have tested at least 20 units to gather meaningful and repeatable data, otherwise is just "one hit wonder" and we unlike you have a legal obligation with the laws of the EU. "AB" in Swedish is the same as "Inc." in US, a corporation and the EU laws are very strict towards companies. None the less, I visit Geotech forums as a private person and of course I'm passionated about what we do in our company, but these are my very private views and in no way should be considered our corporate view. My colleagues sometimes just laugh at me, why do you waste so much time on those loosers? they say. But, hey, I have seen lots of interesting people here and many talented ones as well.
    Regards,
    RA

Comment

• Originally posted by miki73 View Post
      ok.
      Whold you be so kind to thell us or give some picture how looks transmite puls.Of georadar ofcorse..
      The transmitted pulse of an impulse radar is usually a second derivative of a Gaussian function. Actually this is what most manufacturers try to achieve anyway. An ideal picture of it for different frequencies you can see if you download and install the following software:
      http://www.geoscanners.com/gprsim.htm
      It is free of charge, despite some one accusing us of greedy fellows
      A real device is of course not that ideal, look in the attached picture a trace taken with one of our antennas the GCB-300, the horizontal scale is 50ns and the vertical is just amplitude. I screen capture this from our software because usually this is not needed for working with the radar, hence no scales.
      Hope this helps,
      Regards,
      RA
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by gwzd View Post
        The FLB-390 is an air launched antenna, not very good for finding small things neither, but for caves and all that sort of cavities is perfect.
        Are this potatos or it is GPR antenna?
        If it is GPR antenna why have no data - frequency?
        Or may be if not have data you can to tell to interested from GPR suitable for them data?

http://www.geoscanners.com
        http://www.geoscanners.se

I put the yours links because interested from yours company to can read what you write here.

I have many questions for you, but step by step.

Comment

Are this potatos or it is GPR antenna?
          I don't think I understood your question, could you explain better?
          If it is GPR antenna why have no data - frequency?
          The center frequency for the FLB-390 is as its name suggests 390MHz. There's no public available datasheet, it doesn't mean there's no data on it. If you would have read carefully my previous posts you would have notice a preliminary datasheet here:
          http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...&postcount=145
          As I told you previously, it doesn't have any meaning to publish something without having at least 20 different units tested first and validated by an independent compliance company. The rules are very specific on that.
          Lot's of stuff affects the speed with which data is made available, sometimes it is not even necessary like with our BA500 borehole antenna.
          It has been in the market so long that anyone doing borehole surveys knows about it and therefore it is not relevant.
          Or may be if not have data you can to tell to interested from GPR suitable for them data?

http://www.geoscanners.com
          http://www.geoscanners.se
          Thank you for posting the links, I can't do it because it would have been self advertising, but if you do then it is ok, so, thank you Valchev.

I put the yours links because interested from yours company to can read what you write here.
          That's good, as said before I have no problems with that. The se domain is a little bit rusty, but there's always a link to get back to the main site, so that shouldn't be any problem for anyone interested.
          I have many questions for you, but step by step.
          I'm pretty sure about it and I'll be glad to answer them as long as I don't have to reveal any confidential information and I have some time to answer, then it's no problem at all. You may ask what you want to know and perhaps others can also benefit from it.

Another thing, if you notice I have never tried to sell anything here because as I said earlier I visit this forums as a private person and the company I work for doesn't sell equipment in forums or advertise in those neither, no need for that, that simple it is. So, if all your trouble is feeling threatened, then please by all means relax I'm not here to sell anything to anyone. I have shown that previously and you have nothing to worry about.
          Regards,
          RA

Comment

The center frequency for the FLB-390 is as its name suggests 390MHz.
            Thanks

Originally posted by gwzd
            If that is concerning the FLB-390 then I'd like to hear your opinion, of course.
            My GPR have antennas 75MHz 100MHz 150MHz 250MHz 350MHz because that can to survey more deeply.

See:
            http://www.geophysical.com/WhatIsGPR.htm
            Antenna frequency is a major factor in depth penetration.
            My next question:
            What is the price of yours GPR + antennas: 75MHz 100MHz 150MHz 250MHz 390MHz + software ?

-------------------------------

Comment

Thanks

My GPR have antennas 75MHz 100MHz 150MHz 250MHz 350MHz because that can to survey more deeply.
              See:
              The lower the center frequency of the antenna the deeper you penetrate, that's a fact. However, that does not necessarily means that you can detect deeper, it will also heavily depend on the SNR of your electronics, the signal processing path of your gpr and many other things. So, that cannot be established by just the center frequencies, that you can read from Annan or Daniels if you like. Although there are many variables involved the radar equation actually is pretty accurate and in there you'll find things like antenna efficiency, receiver sensitivity which is related to SNR and others. So, without knowing the parameters of both systems you cannot actually make that kind of assumptions. Sorry, but those are the facts. Another fact is that we have for instance a ground coupled antenna with 300MHz center frequency and an air launched one with 250MHz that are not mentioned on the company's website.
              As for the lower frequency antennas, well, we do sell the Radarteam subecho antennas with our electronics and those are from 40MHz, according to your logic then we still penetrated deeper, or? Of course this is just silly, as said before, without knowing all the parameters of the system neither you or I for that matter can establish which antennas or systems penetrate deeper. So, your argument is not accepted.

My next question:
              What is the price of yours GPR + antennas: 75MHz 100MHz 150MHz 250MHz 390MHz + software ?
              -------------------------------
              That is privileged information, that is for the company's sales reps only, sorry, but I cannot give you this kind of information. You'll have to ask your local rep and we are at the moment planning a visit to Sofia in February to get acquainted with a company that I personally think might be up to selling our items there. You see global prices and GPR in general is quite complicated market because a lot of work has to be put into supporting the end customers. It is not acceptable to tell someone, hey dumb*** learn English! so most of the time the support must be made taking into consideration the language, the culture of these people, the geology of the area etc and that's why the work of the sales reps is so important and appreciated.
              Regards,
              RA

Comment

• And why most manufacturers of such equipment, publish their prices? So far, only GSSI and you are the only ones (that I know of) that need to be contacted directly in order to get prices. I contacted GSSI and was told that they want about $30,000 for the basic unit and an antenna!!! I believe, the equipment is worth about $1,000. The rest of it is for... technology! I wonder how much is your basic system.

Comment

The lower the center frequency of the antenna the deeper you penetrate, that's a fact. However, that does not necessarily means that you can detect deeper, it will also heavily depend on the SNR of your electronics, the signal processing path of your gpr and many other things. So, that cannot be established by just the center frequencies, that you can read from Annan or Daniels if you like. Although there are many variables involved the radar equation actually is pretty accurate and in there you'll find things like antenna efficiency, receiver sensitivity which is related to SNR and others. So, without knowing the parameters of both systems you cannot actually make that kind of assumptions. Sorry, but those are the facts. Another fact is that we have for instance a ground coupled antenna with 300MHz center frequency and an air launched one with 250MHz that are not mentioned on the company's website.
                  As for the lower frequency antennas, well, we do sell the Radarteam subecho antennas with our electronics and those are from 40MHz, according to your logic then we still penetrated deeper, or? Of course this is just silly, as said before, without knowing all the parameters of the system neither you or I for that matter can establish which antennas or systems penetrate deeper. So, your argument is not accepted.
                  OK i understood, GSSI show wrong data:

Antenna frequency is a major factor in depth penetration.
                  When you will start to teach GSSI in GPR technology ?

Comment

• Originally posted by olympios View Post
                    And why most manufacturers of such equipment, publish their prices? So far, only GSSI and you are the only ones (that I know of) that need to be contacted directly in order to get prices.
                    Really?!
                    Could you be so kind and point out to some sites or documents where we all can read the prices for:
                    1. Sensors & Software, Canada
                    2. Mala Geoscience, Sweden
                    3. Radarteam Sweden AB, Sweden
                    4. 3D Radar, Norway
                    5. IDS, Italy
                    6. Utsi Electronics, UK
                    7. Ditch witch, USA
                    8. ViY, Ukraine
                    9. OKO, Russia
                    10. Penetradar, USA
                    11. US Radar, USA?
                    12. Zond 12C, Baltic Countries, has a dealer in US that publish their prices, the lowest price for a radar with one antenna I think is approximately 17000 USD, you can check at accurate locators for exact figures. Although, I don't know if the laptop is included or not.

I contacted GSSI and was told that they want about $30,000 for the basic unit and an antenna!!! I believe, the equipment is worth about $1,000. The rest of it is for... technology!
                    That is your very personal opinion.
                    I wonder how much is your basic system.
                    When and if you want to buy it you'll be given a quotation depending on the country you are from. You may accept it or do as with GSSI, reject it.
                    That is your prerogative and I believe nobody is going to force you buy, isn't that right?
                    Regards,
                    RA

Comment

OK i understood, GSSI show wrong data:

When you will start to teach GSSI in GPR technology ?
                      I was thinking about starting to teach you how to read, but then I understood that is of no use at all. Did you read my answer? Did you at least try to process what I wrote? Did you even tried to get a copy of Annan's and Daniel's books? No, you didn't, then why should I waste my time with you? No reason at all.
                      I really try to be polite with you and answer all the questions you asked, anyone reading this thread can see that. You however don't know any better than to come back with bitter comments and low level sarcasm.
                      Have it your way Valchev, I'm not answering to your questions anymore, sorry, but you failed to prove you are a reasonable man.
                      Regards,
                      RA

Comment

I'm not answering to your questions anymore, sorry, but you failed to prove you are a reasonable man.
                        This is not a problem, may be some other will answer my following questions for you.

Comment

• Real GPR in Bulgaria

Real Ground Penetrating Radar in Bulgaria:

http://www.geomagic-radar.com/en/about/geomagic/

http://www.geomagic-radar.com/bg/about/geomagic/

http://www.geomagic-radar.com/bg/about/references/

Regards,
                          RA

Comment

• Correct from MALA not from http://www.geoscanners.com
                            http://www.geoscanners.se , but my next question is:
                            Why MALA do not write here, may be they do not have so knowledge as you?

--------------------------

Comment

• you should consider taking English lessons
                              RA

Comment

you should consider taking English lessons
                                RA
                                Correct, my english is very poor, because of it i can not explain clearly, due to this I will explain with next questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X