Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

modification ATX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mechanic
    replied
    Ooops, the preamp ic is missing from the last file.
    Please see the updated pic.. Click image for larger version

Name:	Front end receive.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	344320

    Cheers Mick

    Leave a comment:


  • Mechanic
    replied
    Hi Guys,

    Here is the atx front end I don't have values for the tx and rx coils that I can find.

    Cheers MickClick image for larger version

Name:	Front end receive.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	344317

    Leave a comment:


  • daverave
    replied
    i have wire like in the photo and mine is litz...cant believe garrett would use ordinary wire.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    Originally posted by DOOLEY View Post
    now who posted this picture ages ago with the suggestion a coil could be
    balanced using this configuration ????............................

    We had a thorough discussion on this coil here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...New-PI-machine
    Aziz even made calculations with dimensions that balanced. The inner eye size is critical for balance. However, for PI a perfect balance is not a requirement.

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    PI detectors with separate TX and RX coils do not need the coils to be induction balanced. There are two possibilities here that I can think of:
    1) The sensitive area is within the centre circle, whereas a standard DD configuration would have a thin sensitive area from front-to-back.
    2) It was designed to make the casual observer conclude that the coil is actually a concentric.
    I believe the second...

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    After watching a video , you may be right, the video showed detecting a small gold clasp that other coils could not detect.
    I was also watching YouTube. Quite respectably distance on a .1 gram gold nugget. Pinpoints really well.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    1) The sensitive area is within the centre circle
    After watching a video , you may be right, the video showed detecting a small gold clasp that other coils could not detect.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    PI detectors with separate TX and RX coils do not need the coils to be induction balanced. There are two possibilities here that I can think of:
    1) The sensitive area is within the centre circle, whereas a standard DD configuration would have a thin sensitive area from front-to-back.
    2) It was designed to make the casual observer conclude that the coil is actually a concentric.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by DOOLEY View Post
    hum,
    so basically inside it's arranged like this then ????

    [ATTACH]34676[/ATTACH]

    now who posted this picture ages ago with the suggestion a coil could be
    balanced using this configuration ????............................

    I made some coils in that configuration and when they were balanced there was a lot of difference in over lap distances from original atx coil,
    it only required a small amount of overlap to balance,

    Bending the coils more to the atx shape I could not balance them with placing coils over each other like the atx design, I had to move them father apart to balance, without having an atx coil to test, my conclusion (right or wrong)
    was the atx coil is not IB.

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    WM6

    Leave a comment:


  • DOOLEY
    replied
    hum,
    so basically inside it's arranged like this then ????

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Concentric DD COIL.gif
Views:	2
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	344302

    now who posted this picture ages ago with the suggestion a coil could be
    balanced using this configuration ????............................

    Leave a comment:


  • Davor
    replied
    It was only obvious. I'm a bit surprised to see plain magnet wire, and no trace of tidiness. With proper initial geometry it must be very easy to balance.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Thanks for the picture it confirms some theory's about the coil construction .

    Leave a comment:


  • tifred
    replied
    HI 6666
    Yes I have the number of turns and type of wire, but there is resistance and I have no value, it is breaking.
    I have pictures but I do not know if I'm allowed to show, there surely has a garrett patent.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	344286

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hello Tifred what did you do with the windings of the coil ? do you still have the wire ? can you remove the wire from the potting mix so we can learn how garrett made the coil ?
    do you have any more pictures of the coil ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X