Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesoro Toltec II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Oh yes with supports it would, how easy do your supports come off, what Support Z Distance do you use and what layer height, I try and use the same Support Z distance as layer height
    I use defaults for "Normal" profile. It's 0.1mm Z distance and 0.15mm layer height.
    That's why i like Cura; we could exchange proven profiles for specific kind of printing, without dealing with details.
    Usually i do take some of the default profiles and change only few parameters to suit specific kind of printing.
    Than i save those as custom profile for any future use. Profiles are small exchangeable files, easy to send via email.
    Some of the very good profiles i took from Facebook groups.
    Cura is totally free and very powerful slicer. I suggest it.
    How easy supports come off; good question indeed. Not that easy and yet not that hard too.
    I guess i could adjust parameters better, to make supports come off easier.
    But with pliers it come off with no problems at all. I don't even take any attention not to break the print, since it is very strong and robust.
    It is better to pull hard and fast with pliers, supports just breaks and slips out easily.
    But since we are talking here on bit more advanced things; it is good to exchange opinions and experiences, i am sure it can be adjusted better, for supports to even come off easier.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    If the original case is injection moulded, then the angle is required to ease removal of the part from the mould.
    In that case it's more likely to be a necessary part of the manufacturing process rather than a design feature.

    Yes, that makes a lot of sense. If that is the reason then it worked out nicely for the tesoro box, it made the box quite good looking.
    Of course the designer must take credit for the gradient of the slope.
    That has to be one one the best chassis box designs ever, for a metal detector.

    Here is a PCB designd to fit in such a box, A bandido circuit.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Yes it can.
    Cura 3.6.0
    Later when printed; just pull out supports.
    Needle-nose pliers is the best tool for this.

    [ATTACH]49158[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]49159[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]49160[/ATTACH]


    Oh yes with supports it would, how easy do your supports come off, what Support Z Distance do you use and what layer height, I try and use the same Support Z distance as layer height

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    If the original case is injection moulded, then the angle is required to ease removal of the part from the mould.
    In that case it's more likely to be a necessary part of the manufacturing process rather than a design feature.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    You're right!!!
    He had same issue with the tapered angle from fore to aft. Ha ha!
    I think that the tapered sides add to the intrinsic beauty of the tesoro box, it is a gorgeous box!! Hats off to the designer.
    I'm sure there is other software which can handle those peculiarities.
    Indeed it is nice piece of work.
    Tesoro did splendid move with those enclosures.
    On the other topic, the other day; i tried to explain the "soul and character" of those detectors.
    I was thinking first to make files of exact copy and later to scale it in size as i like, for different pcbs.
    I am half way there.
    Will try Solid Works to solve this problem with angles.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Post
    Thank you for this project, Ivconic! I?m novice in 3d printing and 3d drawing. First i?ve used Tinkercad same like you. It is very simple and easy. But after i?ve managed to install Solid works. It is great software and you only need few youtube tutorials to use it. Less time consuming than tinkercad.
    That's very interesting info, thanks!
    I know about Solid Works, have heard but never tried.
    I will try it as soon as possible!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    IVCONIC, what orientation did you print CC-RX stl ?
    I dont think my ender3 can handle that over hang.
    Yes it can.
    Cura 3.6.0
    Later when printed; just pull out supports.
    Needle-nose pliers is the best tool for this.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cura.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	356295
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cura2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	356296
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cura3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	356297

    Leave a comment:


  • ionut_mtb
    replied
    Thank you for this project, Ivconic! I?m novice in 3d printing and 3d drawing. First i?ve used Tinkercad same like you. It is very simple and easy. But after i?ve managed to install Solid works. It is great software and you only need few youtube tutorials to use it. Less time consuming than tinkercad.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    IVCONIC, what orientation did you print CC-RX stl ?
    I dont think my ender3 can handle that over hang.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Cute it is!
    But on second look; i see also that "mad man angles" are not done there too!
    Now i feel bit better, to see that i am not the only one struggling with those angles!


    You're right!!!
    He had same issue with the tapered angle from fore to aft. Ha ha!
    I think that the tapered sides add to the intrinsic beauty of the tesoro box, it is a gorgeous box!! Hats off to the designer.


    I'm sure there is other software which can handle those peculiarities.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by SVEN1 View Post
    Excellent job!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Very nice! Ivconic, you are certainly dedicated to your craft, the box looks superb!

    I saw this tesoro box on another forum. There are also some files associated with it. Maybe these pics are already here somewhere on the forum, I don't know.
    I'm not sure if it was 3D printed or molded. Or if it is an original box, but it looks a little strange, is there a bandido 3 uMax?? No. I guess he got a little creative.
    Cute it is!
    But on second look; i see also that "mad man angles" are not done there too!
    Now i feel bit better, to see that i am not the only one struggling with those angles!

    Leave a comment:


  • SVEN1
    replied
    Excellent job!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    One treat more:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	CC_complete.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	356289
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200113_005620.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	356293
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200113_005642.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	356294

    Of course this is scalable, if you want larger coil, providing that your printer is having larger printing area...
    I purposely left a small tolerance between TX, RX and base dimensions.
    Simple reason; you can not always perfectly balance these kind of coils with "feedback" coil, so i added an "option" to move a bit RX and TX to additionally affect the balance.
    Tolerances are so small, can help a lot and can not spoil things a lot!


    "Graphit 33" spray - perfect for shielding this one...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    I was not intended to share in public something that i consider as "unfinished" thing, but since i talked too much here... kinda i owe you at least something.
    If you are ready to use sharp blade and 20 minutes additional work on battery door and front panel edges; than this is alright for you to print it.
    Also there is another simple but effective trick that i recall now; when loading STL in some slicer; you can scale it down to 99% or 101% ("male or female" part) and there is huge chance to fit it perfectly like that.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X