Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The clone of SUPERSCAN MK II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Hi Maxe

    The Superscan schematic has been posted several times in this thread.​

    Comment


    • #62
      The Superscan is a good detector, provided it receives a few modifications. The original detector lacks ground balance, which makes it practically useless in highly mineralized soils, such as red clay or black sand. To make this detector work in these types of soils, an additional channel needs to be added, similar to the GS4, GS5, or Whites TDI. Furthermore, there are several other upgrades that can be applied to transform this detector into a super detector for large objects buried at great depths.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
        Hi Maxe

        The Superscan schematic has been posted several times in this thread.​
        Hello my friend. It’s a bit hard to read, and since I’m a beginner, I’m worried about placing a component incorrectly. I was hoping to get a clear copy—or at least a digital version—if possible. Do you think you could email it to me or send it via Telegram? I can give you my ID. I’d really appreciate it.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
          The Superscan is a good detector, provided it receives a few modifications. The original detector lacks ground balance, which makes it practically useless in highly mineralized soils, such as red clay or black sand. To make this detector work in these types of soils, an additional channel needs to be added, similar to the GS4, GS5, or Whites TDI. Furthermore, there are several other upgrades that can be applied to transform this detector into a super detector for large objects buried at great depths.
          Do you think it is the best board available for a metal detector because most versions are more like gaming tools than metal detectors?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by ZOUjiarui View Post
            [ATTACH]58001[/ATTACH]
            My friend Geomax, do you mean this specific circuit diagram, or is there another version? Because this is the only version I’ve seen. It is a bit hard to read, though; there are parts I can't make out.Sorry, I am using a translator; please excuse me if there are any issues.

            Comment


            • #66
              My friend, I want exactly this circuit—one capable of detecting an ammo box at a range of 1.6 meters. My friends built models that only worked up to 15 or 20 centimeters, but this person built one that actually achieved the desired result, so it is very important.

              Comment


              • #67
                Hi eduardo1979,
                I just think for a detector for really great depths, the search coil have to be with big size ( at least 1mx1m or more) and it is very hard to wave this coil with normal for metal detector's speed. In short, I think this type have to be non-motion type. It will be good for this detector to have Ground Balance feature in conjunction with non-motion possibilities. Eric said - if you use very big TX coil (several meters) and small RX coil (28cm), no need of special ground balancing as difference from using of MONO coil - very sensitive to properties of the soil even using of PI principle. What is your opinion?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Hi Maxe,

                  here is another better schematic of the Superscan. Superscan EM-3

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Superscan EM3_m.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	453239
                  Unfortunately, only this circuit diagram is available, not a printed circuit board.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    "Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I wish you all the best."

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      A question: In your opinion, is it possible to detect an object the size of a soccer ball at a depth of 1.20 meters using a 1x1 meter coil—with the circuit you sent?

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        But if you put on the ground TX coil with big size (2x2meters or more), maybe no need to use non-motion receiver - this will simplify the schematic of the RX part - this is some like two-box detector but with static TX box and moving RX box connected to RX coil. This kind of search is more close to the archeological searching - forbidden for amateur's searching in most countries.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Detectorist#1 View Post
                          Hi eduardo1979,
                          I just think for a detector for really great depths, the search coil have to be with big size ( at least 1mx1m or more) and it is very hard to wave this coil with normal for metal detector's speed. In short, I think this type have to be non-motion type. It will be good for this detector to have Ground Balance feature in conjunction with non-motion possibilities. Eric said - if you use very big TX coil (several meters) and small RX coil (28cm), no need of special ground balancing as difference from using of MONO coil - very sensitive to properties of the soil even using of PI principle. What is your opinion?
                          Hi Detectorist#1.
                          Years ago I built a detector similar to the one I mentioned in the previous post. The detector used a 1m x 1m coil and had ground balance. It had a nearly static SAT reading. I remember that instead of leaving the 470K Ohm resistors, I placed 10M Ohm resistors between the G and S terminals of the J113 JFETs, and the results were quite good. Actually, I made a combination of the Superscan and the GS5 Lite. I never tried it with two coils, as Eric Foster mentioned.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Hi eduardo,
                            Yes, the searching method with 1x1m coil and with several meters coil are very different. Using of nearly static RX solution is good idea. It will be interesting to know for the result of your current design as combination of the Superscan and the GS5lite. GS5 lite use 12V power supply - maybe using of 24V will have better results in deep searching but this will be clear after many hours of efforts - normal situation in our hobby work.
                            Last edited by Detectorist#1; 10-04-2026, 07:56 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Hi,
                              It is not new - the interest for forbidden kind of searching is very big -more than 40 readings for the last hour!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Detectorist#1 View Post
                                But if you put on the ground TX coil with big size (2x2meters or more), maybe no need to use non-motion receiver - this will simplify the schematic of the RX part - this is some like two-box detector but with static TX box and moving RX box connected to RX coil. This kind of search is more close to the archeological searching - forbidden for amateur's searching in most countries.
                                Your idea of using two coils is very interesting; I even saw an image where a professional coil—made up of two separate coils—was mounted on an X-Scan unit (I believe I saw it on this very site). Could you explain a bit more about what I should do?I am a complete beginner and need some guidance; if I build it, I will post the results here for you to use.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X