Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by pito View Post
    the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now = Is there a proof of that = video ?
    I saw this one = not imprest​ , https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...ature=youtu.be
    Certainly the best PI detector I've built so far... this "so far" is valid as of the date this was written.
    Later I started making Pulse Star 2 which is the best PI I have made so far in its category.
    In both cases, you should pay attention to what it literally says: "which I made".
    So they are the best of those that "I made". And not from all that exist or from all that others have made.
    So; I speak for myself. And I'm talking about what I managed to do.
    It would not make sense for me to speak in general terms and to generalize things.
    Certainly there are much better PI detectors and certainly much better work by others.
    I hope that statement is clear now? Or need further clarification?
    ...
    Proof?
    For something that will cost $20-30, you should not ask for a proof.
    You sit down and make it yourself and create your own impression about it.
    Proof can be requested for something that requires more serious investment and effort, more invested time and work.
    For example "My AGD analog detector work" by Auto-Mation-Assist is a very interesting project.
    But it is very complex, it requires serious construction skills, good knowledge of the issues, but also a decent amount of money for everything needed for construction.
    In that case, I asked for a "proof", not really a real proof, but just a short video where I would see the basic features of the detector.
    Auto-Mation-Assist gave me the impression of a very serious expert in that field, I have no doubt that everything he wrote is correct, I am almost sure that everything is so.
    And it would be shameful to ask him for any "proof". If it was understood that way, then I'm sorry, it was not my intention to doubt his claims in the slightest.
    No, I just wanted to see that detector in action, if only for a few seconds, with the simplest demonstration.
    I'm a detector fan, I "fall in love" with a detector sometimes based on just a few seconds of a video.
    Vice versa; sometimes a few seconds of video demos immediately dissuade me from any further interest in that detector.
    A matter of taste. And tastes are not discussed.
    Unfortunately Auto-Mation-Assist didn't seem to see it that way and wasn't prepared to make a shorter video, so I lost all further interest.
    The same is the case with what Moodz does on another topic. It all seems very interesting and I would like to see more details about it.
    But a shorter video would say a lot more.
    Unfortunately Moodz is a typical Aussie prankster who will push these things endlessly and will not provide such a video.
    He will rather post x000 more posts with graphs, oscillograms, formulas and claims... but a simple 20 second video he won't do.
    Again, I have no reason to doubt what Moodz writes and claims. The math is clear, his words are clear and he is a man with pre-established credibility.
    So there is no "doubt" at all in my requests to add a video to the attached idea. Because video is a powerful medium and shows much more than words.
    We are not all the same, someone is an analytical mathematician, a few simulations are enough for him to understand everything.
    I am not like that. I'm a bit stupid. I visualize things when I think about them. To me, the video means and speaks much more.
    And I draw conclusions based on my 37 years of experience.
    There is little in this world on the subject of metal detectors - that I have not seen before.
    So that experience helps me analyze and understand what I see on the recorded video.
    And of course, in the end, I could always be wrong.
    The video can be recorded with a tendency to show something that is not realistic. Youtube is full of those.
    But in a good spirit and with a positive attitude, I always gladly watch every video and later draw my own conclusions.
    There, Pito, I hope I explained something to you.
    If you want to get an impression of this detector yourself; all you need is to shell out a trivially small amount of money and build that detector in a couple of hours.
    I'm sure you'll make it.

    Leave a comment:


  • pito
    replied
    the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now = Is there a proof of that = video ?
    I saw this one = not imprest​ , https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...ature=youtu.be

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Dear Ivconic,
    many thanks for reply and sharing your remarks!
    I have appreciate that!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    In the beginning, when I was working on the first few devices; I got in touch with the author and had several email correspondences with him.
    The man was kind, accommodating and selflessly helped with various advice.
    I tried to extract only the most important things from those correspondences and put everything in one text.
    Which, I hope, will serve all of you as a good help in building this detector.
    Try to find your way through the text because I'm sure you'll find answers to all your questions.
    ​
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Altair View Post
    Hi Ivconic,
    what firmware version do you use in your Felezjoo build?
    From your esperience, could you confirm if the no counter firmware version is unstable and it's noisy?
    I didn't notice that the latest V3.35 is unstable and noisy.
    Yes, since it came out; I am using the latest V3.35.
    Some prankster is trying to make a deal by renaming one of the versions to "V4"... which is not true, there is no such version.
    V3.35 came directly from the author as the latest version.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Altair
    replied
    Hi Ivconic,
    what firmware version do you use in your Felezjoo build?
    From your esperience, could you confirm if the no counter firmware version is unstable and it's noisy?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by MDfanatic View Post
    What I found peculiar about the board you posted ivconic is that it's using the exact same track length and width for 12V as the original board. Hmm.
    By the looks of the board and the url on the images I suppose the board must be by Mr. Hamid so he must have a very good reason to keep it exactly as in the original.

    I guess he really meant "according to spec"!
    I will become boring to repeat; but really everything possible with Atmega has been done here.
    With so few components and such a modest processor; the detector works surprisingly well.
    The author himself mentioned several times that it is very important to stick to the specifications strictly.
    In the process of writing and tweaking the code, the author had a very narrow space for successful completion. So everything matters.
    I have made no more than a dozen of these detectors, and now I have one finished on my desk.
    FelezJoo has become a must-have detector and a permanent member of my collection.
    In the process of making and testing the things done so far, I noticed and it was proven to me that the author was right and that he meant everything he advised most seriously.
    Successful construction is therefore more difficult, even though at first glance the detector looks very simple and easy to make.
    But if you want to end up with a very good detector that is very usable; everything said must be respected.
    In my opinion, the most delicate part is the LF357, that is, the quality of that opamp. There is no need to save money. You need to find the original in the metal case.
    Considering that it is an obsolete opamp, it becomes more and more difficult to find an original and easier and easier to find a bad copy.
    It would be good to revise the project with modern components. But without the source code it won't be a safe business.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Counter value is stored in eeprom.
    Erase the eeprom completely.
    thanks, I forgot about this step

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    having the counter version, the time has come to reflash the mcu but I had a surprise, after reprogramming it, the counter remains functional (I have 20 uses left). Yet last time I had no problems, I use avrdudess setting erase flash & eeprom and set fuses. what can cause the problem? Thank you!
    Counter value is stored in eeprom.
    Erase the eeprom completely.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    having the counter version, the time has come to reflash the mcu but I had a surprise, after reprogramming it, the counter remains functional (I have 20 uses left). Yet last time I had no problems, I use avrdudess setting erase flash & eeprom and set fuses. what can cause the problem? Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • MDfanatic
    replied
    What I found peculiar about the board you posted ivconic is that it's using the exact same track length and width for 12V as the original board. Hmm.
    By the looks of the board and the url on the images I suppose the board must be by Mr. Hamid so he must have a very good reason to keep it exactly as in the original.

    I guess he really meant "according to spec"!

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Not all Chinese copies are bad and fake.
    This summer I bought some very "delicate" chips on Aliexpress. With premeditation that they are fakes and that I wasted money.
    It turned out the opposite, the copies work identically to the originals! Fortunately for me.
    E.g; the main component in Depth Doubler, the chip, which is very hard to find elsewhere.
    There are tons of it on Aliexpress and it's cheap.
    Oscilloscope analysis showed that it works 100% like the original.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    And the use of LF357 in a round, "military standard" package.
    There are some of these in my local stores, but they are very expensive!
    ​

    do not worry. chineses had copied the glass metal package too and sell. some sellers on ebay i see re-sell them like 'vintage authentic'.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    The only thing I don't like about the pictures is the use of piezo speaker, worse; it is soldered to the pcb!
    The speaker gives a much richer sound. The author advised a piezo and not a speaker because of the interference a speaker can introduce to the detector.
    But this is very easily overcome if the speaker is installed on the detector box like this;
    that it does not share the same "volume" with the rest of the electronics.
    And if the position is chosen such that "waves" and "vibrations" do not go directly to the pcb.
    An even easier solution is to install the speaker in a smaller box on the stem part that goes under the elbow, where the battery is usually located.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FelezJoo_10.jpg
Views:	1805
Size:	523.1 KB
ID:	417624Click image for larger version

Name:	FelezJoo_05.jpg
Views:	1818
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	417625​​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X