Originally posted by useus
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)
Collapse
X
-
good job! Calibration button is the same as down button, why did you installed another?
-
-
Originally posted by useus View PostI have a question to ask you about the power supply and the circuit. the metal detector consumes about 115ma without target.
I use 3x18650 2000ma BMS 3S and XL6009 boost to bring the voltage to 18V.
Calculating 2000ma (batteries): 115ma (consumption) the theoretical use should be 17 hours (without targets), but it lasts about 3 hours.
I can't understand what causes batteries to last so short
I solved, it was the bms that had problems, the metal detector has been on for 5 hours with the coil connected and has not yet turned off!
if it arrives at 8 or more hours I will be happy: D
Leave a comment:
-
Hello
Depending on the type of loop used and especially the frequency and width settings of the battery, the battery consumption will vary. If you use the suggested loop with the capacity and resistance mentioned, the consumption of a circuit with a frequency of 200 and a pulse width of 160 is about 100 mA. The more these two settings, especially the pulse width, the greater the battery consumption. However, the overall battery life of this circuit ranges from the lowest to highest values for frequency and pulse widths of approximately 50 to 500 mA.
Be sure to use the piezo loudspeaker so that the noise will not be pushed into the circuit when it is sounded and the balance will not disturb. The main issue with this is the use of a conventional loudspeaker, which will significantly increase the circuit's current flux when it is sounded, resulting in a slight change in the voltage and balance of the device. So I strongly recommend that you use a piezo speaker, which is an impedance speaker and does not significantly increase the circuit current consumption during the beep.
Circuit Power Specifically an 18V battery which is also recommended as 5 lithium ion 18650.
Leave a comment:
-
Was the 115ma measured at the circuit or the batteries?Originally posted by useus View PostI have a question to ask you about the power supply and the circuit. the metal detector consumes about 115ma without target.
I use 3x18650 2000ma BMS 3S and XL6009 boost to bring the voltage to 18V.
Calculating 2000ma (batteries): 115ma (consumption) the theoretical use should be 17 hours (without targets), but it lasts about 3 hours.
I can't understand what causes batteries to last so short
Leave a comment:
-
no I have not tried, it is probably as you say, I will change batteries with original sony and we will see if I solveOriginally posted by Qiaozhi View PostHave you tested the batteries with a constant current load to confirm their actual amp-hours capacity, and not what's printed on the side of the batteries?
There a lot of fake batteries available on the internet. If your battery pack is really 2000mAh, then 3 hours implies that the circuit is consuming an average of 667mA.
Leave a comment:
-
Have you tested the batteries with a constant current load to confirm their actual amp-hours capacity, and not what's printed on the side of the batteries?Originally posted by useus View PostI have a question to ask you about the power supply and the circuit. the metal detector consumes about 115ma without target.
I use 3x18650 2000ma BMS 3S and XL6009 boost to bring the voltage to 18V.
Calculating 2000ma (batteries): 115ma (consumption) the theoretical use should be 17 hours (without targets), but it lasts about 3 hours.
I can't understand what causes batteries to last so short
There a lot of fake batteries available on the internet. If your battery pack is really 2000mAh, then 3 hours implies that the circuit is consuming an average of 667mA.
Leave a comment:
-
I have a question to ask you about the power supply and the circuit. the metal detector consumes about 115ma without target.
I use 3x18650 2000ma BMS 3S and XL6009 boost to bring the voltage to 18V.
Calculating 2000ma (batteries): 115ma (consumption) the theoretical use should be 17 hours (without targets), but it lasts about 3 hours.
I can't understand what causes batteries to last so short
Leave a comment:
-
you can find it in the topic, it has already been uploaded several times
Leave a comment:
-
can you give me the file 3.35 original 300 times useOriginally posted by useus View Postflat spiral coil 25cm external diameter, 349uH 1.0 ohm 30-32 turns (not remember, see my older post in the topic) 0.71 copper wire magnet
iron separation not tested but have optimal debug values
sens 18
speed 10
pulse 150
freq 200
delay 10 to 20 (autodelay 19)
integr 32
ground 5 to 10
3.35 original 300 times use
Leave a comment:
-
flat spiral coil 25cm external diameter, 349uH 1.0 ohm 30-32 turns (not remember, see my older post in the topic) 0.71 copper wire magnet
iron separation not tested but have optimal debug values
sens 18
speed 10
pulse 150
freq 200
delay 10 to 20 (autodelay 19)
integr 32
ground 5 to 10
3.35 original 300 times use
Leave a comment:
-
Hello, Sens 18 in the field is not recomended but if no false signals then is ok. What settings did you use? How big is the coil and what version did you use of software? How is the iron separation?Originally posted by useus View Posttoday first use in the field, various findings even at 28cm depth!
my felezjoo is finally completed and fully functional! he is really sensitive, he found me an m4 nut about 10cm below the ground.
I can safely use sensitivity 18 with unshielded flat spiral coil.
I shielded the electronics box,
mounted C14 / C26 green cap capacitor and replaced R10 with 15ohm as refinement of debug values.

I’m thinking to build 50-60cm coil because i don’t want to sense all the small iron in the ground.
My settings for stable detection is sens 16, pw160, freq201, delay30, integ44, ground8, speed8(not sure), iron reject(depend on coil)
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: