I measued consumption between battery and converter. I suppose that will be less between converter and detector.
I did a test with replacing a resistor to use battery without booster but the coil is very unstable and when i touch the parameters i get a coil problem.
I noticed that when my battery drop my coil and the converter emit a buzz sound.
I will take a picture soon.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)
Collapse
X
-
See post #2158Originally posted by Albdelafar View PostI did the test today to see my circuit consumption and i had :
20mV on IDLE
110mV with power on but without coil connected
330mV with power on and coil connected (voltage droped to 14V)
I do not know what is expected ?!
I suppose my battery or stepup converter suck but i do not know how to find wich one doesn't work.
your consumption is too big. Put a picture of the detector, converter, battery and coil.
Leave a comment:
-
I did the test today to see my circuit consumption and i had :
20mV on IDLE
110mV with power on but without coil connected
330mV with power on and coil connected (voltage droped to 14V)
I do not know what is expected ?!
I suppose my battery or stepup converter suck but i do not know how to find wich one doesn't work.
Leave a comment:
-
Battery is good? Stepup converter is good? Check your circuit consumption.Originally posted by Albdelafar View PostVoltage without coil is good. For pulse width and frequency I use this parameters.
[ATTACH]51017[/ATTACH]
And now with the coil :
[ATTACH]51018[/ATTACH]
This time the felezjoo worked normally during two minutes before battery problem appear....
I touch irf840 and it's not really hot 78L05 as well.
Leave a comment:
-
Voltage without coil is good. For pulse width and frequency I use this parameters.Originally posted by ionut_mtb View Postyou said without coil voltage is ok, so, maybe mosfet drain-source short. Or frequency too high, or pulse lenght too big... check amperage of your circuit.
And now with the coil :
This time the felezjoo worked normally during two minutes before battery problem appear....
I touch irf840 and it's not really hot 78L05 as well.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
It is this coil it's 0.8mm enameled coper wire.Originally posted by surfdetector View PostWhat size wire did you use on the coil and how many turns?
Inner diameter is 16cm and 22cm for outer diameter.
I did 17 turns.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
you said without coil voltage is ok, so, maybe mosfet drain-source short. Or frequency too high, or pulse lenght too big... check amperage of your circuit.Originally posted by Albdelafar View PostHi
Thank for the answer no I did not schield the coil.
Coil seems to be in the perfect range of what is expected. When you think about a mosfet error do you mean that it go in avalanche mode ?!
I can try to read the flyback voltage.
When i use another coil with bad carracteristics that work for a few minutes only.
Leave a comment:
-
What size wire did you use on the coil and how many turns?Originally posted by Albdelafar View PostHi
I just finished my felezjoo and i have a battery problem.... I hope someone could help me.
My coil is a 0.8ohm 300uH. My cell pack is a 12v 10ah with a booster to 18v of 140w.
Without coil connected the detector show 17.9V and when I plug the coil in, the voltage drop to 10V with an alert message ....
Do someone have an idea ?!
Thanks
Alban
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
Thank for the answer no I did not schield the coil.
Coil seems to be in the perfect range of what is expected. When you think about a mosfet error do you mean that it go in avalanche mode ?!
I can try to read the flyback voltage.
When i use another coil with bad carracteristics that work for a few minutes only.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello, caOriginally posted by Albdelafar View PostHi
I just finished my felezjoo and i have a battery problem.... I hope someone could help me.
My coil is a 0.8ohm 300uH. My cell pack is a 12v 10ah with a booster to 18v of 140w.
Without coil connected the detector show 17.9V and when I plug the coil in, the voltage drop to 10V with an alert message ....
Do someone have an idea ?!
Thanks
Alban
Mosfet or coil problem. Did you shield the coil? If yes, did you left a gap in the shield?
Booster also can be the problem. Better use only 12v battery, modify the resistor R19, less value, search in this thread.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi
I just finished my felezjoo and i have a battery problem.... I hope someone could help me.
My coil is a 0.8ohm 300uH. My cell pack is a 12v 10ah with a booster to 18v of 140w.
Without coil connected the detector show 17.9V and when I plug the coil in, the voltage drop to 10V with an alert message ....
Do someone have an idea ?!
Thanks
Alban
Leave a comment:
-
Hiya all,,,Can someone please check my re-drawing of a 'Felezjoo Rev-A' board that I've just completed. I had searched everywhere for the Gerber files for this PCB as I have built 6 of these boards up to now and never had any issues with them. They all work exactly the same, good depth, great sensitivity etc,,I wanted to fnd the original Gerbers or layout so I could order some pcb's for my friends but couldn't find one so I decided to copy the last 3 boards that I have left in hopes my drawing is correct,,,hope someone can check it for me,,,Thanks in advance, Regards, Marty.
EDIT:- Silly me!,,,forgot to attach the file!,,Lol.Attached Files
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: