Small update; finally it is discriminating!
I have changed nothing, just used different adjustments in menus.
Disc must be risen to maximum.
GEB to 7 or 8.
Than button Down for re-calibrating and that's it.
It is now discriminating iron pliers from my workshop.
Discrimination is not perfect, at the very end of detection it can confuse and display "non fe.." and produce short sounds.
Also if i move and turn pliers in front of the coil; it can give false disc data on LCD and produce audio response.
Definitely not better but also not much worse than many other "discriminating" Pi detectors which i saw so far.
I guess i should try with different coils too.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
felezjoo PI(the best pulse induction metal detector that I made until now)
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by eclipse View PostYeah I was asked this question, so I did check this - it appears that you need to use the latest version, mine is 1.4.3 and it has this option.
Thanks eclipse , after much messing around have found ver 1.4.3 and it has the correct option will try to burn hex tomorrow
Leave a comment:
-
Yeah I was asked this question, so I did check this - it appears that you need to use the latest version, mine is 1.4.3 and it has this option.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Ivconic for link, now the next thing is to try and find the correct burning software and drivers to match the windows operating system for the laptop or pc to get the usb port to work correctly.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Dabbo View PostGood morning everyone, I bought USBtinyISP and breadboard to upload the hex file on ATMEGA328P. What software I have to use with USBtinyISP? you have a schema that describes the correct connections. I found on the web many different schemes. I'm confused. thank you Dabbo.
Leave a comment:
-
Good morning everyone, I bought USBtinyISP and breadboard to upload the hex file on ATMEGA328P. What software I have to use with USBtinyISP? you have a schema that describes the correct connections. I found on the web many different schemes. I'm confused. thank you Dabbo.
Leave a comment:
-
In my experience iron discrimination is propotional to your coil size..in my 28cm coil i can only eliminate iron at a plier size and even smàll can but if i will try to reject such as paint spray can some valuable metals are also rejected. But for my 60cm coil i have no problem in discriminating big iron object like 4 liter paint can and still get those valuable metals.
Leave a comment:
-
Jladre dragomir , thanks , did you draw anything on paper that has the details of your 28cm coil ?
Leave a comment:
-
small pliers also discriminates against them. such a large rusty iron I have not tried.
Leave a comment:
-
unit really good discrimination. old nail separates it in any position and does not depend on the form.
Leave a comment:
-
Im only using the plastic one. Be carefull aboutvthis opamp because there is many fake like this in the market.Originally posted by ivconic View PostI failed to make it to discriminate.
Is it because of LF357? I can't tell.
I put LF357 which i bought in local shop. I can't tell is it "original" or "copy".
Somewhere i saw that LF357 in metallic case is used?

Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: