Originally posted by Qiaozhi
View Post
That's why you hear audio response also; i tested to see how it will behave with detection signal from coil too.
I might be wrong but it's like there is a difference in pattern?
Things are moving fast and my hands are occupied holding the "wires" and camera...
Without coil there is no tx, but i didn't recorded that.
Obviously it's not just any dull tx.. yet it's not neither the ML waveform...
Right now i can't use both channels, don't have two probes yet.
Ordered them and awaiting to arrive...



Also, I was only asking about whether you knew the designer, or not, because this might make it easier to obtain some more indepth information. Personally I still have my doubts about the so-called iron discrimination. Not whether I'm really seeing it reject iron in a video, but more to do with whether the discrimination is based on target conductivity. I suspect this must be the case, due to the simplicity of the hardware, and the fact that it uses a mono coil. It's probably better that you don't personally know the designer, because this makes you more likely to be an independent and unbiased researcher. 
Leave a comment: