Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BC547
    replied
    Rodrigo,

    The microcontroller checks the battery voltage continuously and will generate a low frequency intermittent tone when battery voltage gets too low.
    This is what you hear - briefly - in your video - when you switch off the detector.
    When you hear this tone in the field while searching: change the batteries or recharge them !

    I use 3 x 18650 unregulated for Pickini V4.

    This was one of the remarks with Pickini V1: I used a battery voltage of about 15V and a low drop 7812 regulator.
    The batteries are extra weight.
    So I switched to unregulated 10 -12V = 3x 18650. The software calibrates out the battery voltage differences.
    These batteries ( salvaged from old laptops) have huge capacity: at least enough for a day of continuous searching is my personal experience.

    The lead-acid battery may be (slightly?) heavier than 3x 18650 ?
    I place the batteries in series inside the top part of the shaft tube.

    BTW: the "beautiful place" is the Belgian beach at low tide.

    Best regards,
    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • rodrigo_mattia
    replied
    Nice Pictures ! Very beautiful place ! Yes, this is a pvc water pipe. There is a union conector to attach the coil. Now I will paint it and try to dig something at the beach ! I am using a lead-acid battery (12 volts, 1.2A, 500g) but i will try 18650 batterys. I am wainting to arrive some BMS modules that a I bouthg. What do think is better, 3 x 18650 or 4 x 18650 regulated by a 7812?

    Have a nice weekend!

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Hello Friends, Follow a new video, I am finishing my detctor but some test is possible. Now I will paint it! Teste with a 4g 18k gold ring, dinamic mode, static mode, tuning, led target, tuning, speaker sound, all above the grass.
    Once again, a nice video, Rodrigo
    Nice build. With drain pipes ?

    My first builds were also with drain pipes and 30 degree elbows.




    I then switched to aluminum crutches and a straight (Anderson type? ) shaft. They are less wobbly (? no idea if this word even exists...)



    Next film from Rodrigo: some finds from the field.
    Clearly, there is something under your lawn there... One way to find out: go dig it !

    Best regards,
    - Bernard
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    5k possible too?
    Yes!

    Leave a comment:


  • pigeon
    replied
    hi friends


    thank you very much

    Leave a comment:


  • rodrigo_mattia
    replied


    Hello Friends, Follow a new video, I am finishing my detctor but some test is possible. Now I will paint it! Teste with a 4g 18k gold ring, dinamic mode, static mode, tuning, led target, tuning, speaker sound, all above the grass.

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    The sensitivity potmeter can be 4K7 or 10K.

    5k possible too?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    search your parts at
    tme.eu



    Leave a comment:


  • popka-ru
    replied
    NE5432???? little common. Directly a ghost what that. NE5432 datasheet not.
    can all the same 5532? http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...ld/ne5532.html

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by pigeon View Post
    substitute for lm 318
    Lots and lots of Op-amps work
    NE5432 is common.

    Search and then check data sheets.

    Difficult is finding op-amp is 8-pin DIP as most newer op-amps are only SM.

    Leave a comment:


  • pigeon
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    There is no substitute for the 16f1824
    substitute for lm 318

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    There is no substitute for the 16f1824

    Leave a comment:


  • pigeon
    replied
    hi all friend

    please what is the substitute of lm318 and 16f1824

    thank you very much for all

    Leave a comment:


  • popka-ru
    replied
    not in the subject, but still. I want to share a device for etching boards for both single and mass print runs.

    Leave a comment:


  • rodrigo_mattia
    replied
    Hi PopKa-Ru, thank you for the information, now follow the links:



    Leave a comment:

Working...
X