Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rodrigo_mattia
    replied
    Dear Bernard,
    Happy New year!

    Pickini V4 has two modes Static and dynamic mode. I realize that static mode maybe is less sensitivity than dynamic. When I try pinpoint some target that beeps in dynamic, sometimes is not beep in static mode. Why this happens? There is some adjust for this situation?

    Regards,

    Rodrigo

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    There is a mob called https://www.pcbway.com/ they offer a good deal, but I have never used them.
    just had PCBs made by pcbway. See my thread "my take on the HH2 in the HammerHead 2 forum for picture of board.
    5 3.3 x 7.5 inch PCBs plus E-packet shipping for $49 USD.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    There is a mob called https://www.pcbway.com/ they offer a good deal, but I have never used them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by JdaleH View Post
    Anyone have a recommendation for a board house to get the official Eagle file produced?
    I have used ALLPCB.com in China. Hammerhead boards were $US25 for 10 plus $US25 DHL or $14 HKPost.
    They were Gerber files. Quizz them if they can do Eagle (I know they can't do LAY). Otherwise you may be able to convert them or convince one of the wonderful people here to convert for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    A good idea would be to fix the dc value with two resistors in the middle (2,5v) and add a second resistor bridge with a push button to increase the dc value (with lower values).
    This way, you have a simple button to increase sensibility..
    This is indeed a simple way to switch between 2 settings of sensitivity.

    However, the potentiometer is there to adjust sensitivity to continuously changing conditions in the field:
    - electric fences
    - high voltage lines
    - nearby wifi routers
    - ...

    All these noise sources may create chatter at the audio output. In which case you turn the sensitivity down.

    My personal experience is that I crank up the sensitivity only on a low tide beach - to be compared with a desert.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Anyone have a recommendation for a board house to get the official Eagle file produced?
    I don't.
    I print out the b/w layout http://users.telenet.be/willaert/MD/...ckini4_PCB.pdf on a transparent sheet - as used in an overhead projector (old technology ).
    I then have the boards made and drilled by my local electronics shop.
    The main advantage of this original layout - produced from the Eagle file - is that it contains no errors.

    Probably some other people on this thread - Arionas? - have better/more professional layouts/boards

    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • JdaleH
    replied
    Anyone have a recommendation for a board house to get the official Eagle file produced?

    Leave a comment:


  • popka-ru
    replied
    Originally posted by reptooyep View Post
    A good idea would be to fix the dc value with two resistors in the middle (2,5v) and add a second resistor bridge with a push button to increase the dc value (with lower values).
    This way, you have a simple button to increase sensibility..
    I'll do it on next board.
    it would be nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • reptooyep
    replied
    A good idea would be to fix the dc value with two resistors in the middle (2,5v) and add a second resistor bridge with a push button to increase the dc value (with lower values).
    This way, you have a simple button to increase sensibility..
    I'll do it on next board.

    Leave a comment:


  • popka-ru
    replied
    then do not see the point in the potentiometer at all. you can set a constant and choose an average depth for the stable operation of the metal detector and not to steam. I wanted it better, but it turned out as always.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    The sensitivity potmeter is connected between the stabilized 5V and GND - so it is already independent of battery voltage changes.

    Leave a comment:


  • popka-ru
    replied
    I would like to propose a stabilizer for saturation instead of a potentiometer. since when the voltage is applied to the battery, it is necessary to adjust the sensitivity with a potentiometer. and the stabilizer will give a constant voltage regardless of the battery's discharge, which in turn falls off in the application of the potentiometer. simplifies the design and improves it with a minimum of controls, can be placed without problems in absolutely any body of dust and waterproof maximally. how do you like this option?




    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • bernte_one
    replied
    Originally posted by samii View Post
    Hello

    Pickini and Felezjoo looks very similar.

    [ATTACH]41374[/ATTACH]
    because it is a pi detector and it is drwed with sprint layout Software
    but they are not similar

    Leave a comment:


  • samii
    replied
    Hello

    Pickini and Felezjoo looks very similar.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pickfelez.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	349971

    Leave a comment:


  • rodrigo_mattia
    replied
    Thanks , I will follow your tips and connect 3 x 18650 batteries . Another information I am using irf 630 and I think it perfom well to.

    Follow a video that show , what is a TatuĂ­ra (the name in my detector box)



    Merry Christimas !

    Best Regards,
    Rodrigo

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X