I've had this issue with too high capacitance and step up module, as Bernard says it's due to too high capacitance. A quick fix would be adding 10R / 2W resistor after the battery and switch parallel to the resistor.
You will then switch on the device as regular, then switch on the new switch (which will short out the resistor). A long term solution would be adding 10R-20R NTC as suggested.
XL6009 datasheet suggests soft-start function but I don't think it has one, or it's not functioning properly.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector
Collapse
X
-
Maybe the rush-in current on the 2 elcos on the 12V = 2200 microfarad + 470 microfarad is too large ?
Put an NTC thermistor in series ?
Leave a comment:
-
I still unable to use lion battery with charger + stepup module, the md is only turn on for half second and off immediately, i should repeat it on and off again to get it work, I think the modules find a tiny short or something and turn off automatically to avoid more damage. Any one have idea to fix this? Btw I use it on barracuda and working normal.
Leave a comment:
-
Guys, i just bring my piki to the beach less than 2 hours, md is working great, got many bottle cap and strip of medicine and many more, and i bring my retard tgsl to... got one coin to buy 3 candy....
Leave a comment:
-
The LM318 is also upside down..
This looks like the very first version that Arionas made. There were several improvements since his first post.
I sometimes wonder why I went through all the trouble of providing a simple, fool-proof design, when the first thing that people do is make their own version of it and then complain it doesn't work.
Please have a look at the original documentation:
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Arionas View Postgeoscash1
Question,
On the audio, the board has 3 holes (pins for attaching), center one is ground, outer holes go to 1k resistors. How or which way is this connected up, I assume it is for headphone/speaker setup or am I missing something?
speaker only have 2 wires and same for the headphone plug, so am guessing it is designed to attach speaker to one side and headphone to the other with the middle pin being the common ground for both?
Any help with that is much appreciated
Geo
Holy crap, that's how they are placed according to the image I downloaded... shoot, I hope those are the only 2 mistakes...
This is the one I went by since it said V4
Leave a comment:
-
A module is too much, i will try another speaker lying around. Many thanks.
Leave a comment:
-
Use another speaker ? In my experience, a simple 8 ohm speaker is quite loud when decreasing the series resistor to 100 ohm.its still to low on speaker, even if i connect directly without 1k resistor, is there any way to make it more noisy?
Add an extra transistor and connect the speaker to 12V ?
Add a small 5V audio amplifier module ? Something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAM8403-Mini-Digital-5V-Power-Stereo-Audio-Amplifier-Module-Board-2-Channel-3W-2-/201407552602
Leave a comment:
-
Mr.Bernard, its still to low on speaker, even if i connect directly without 1k resistor, is there any way to make it more noisy?
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by 6666 View PostWhich component placement document are you using to place these eltro caps
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by geoscash1 View PostWell, got my board soldered up and ready for the pic. Still waiting to get the pic chips in the mail. Will check or test the 12v and 5v portions of the board and then go from there.
Question,
On the audio, the board has 3 holes (pins for attaching), center one is ground, outer holes go to 1k resistors. How or which way is this connected up, I assume it is for headphone/speaker setup or am I missing something?
speaker only have 2 wires and same for the headphone plug, so am guessing it is designed to attach speaker to one side and headphone to the other with the middle pin being the common ground for both?
Any help with that is much appreciated
Geo
Top
[ATTACH]37857[/ATTACH]
Bottom
[ATTACH]37858[/ATTACH]
Which component placement document are you using to place these eltro caps
Leave a comment:
-
geoscash1
Question,
On the audio, the board has 3 holes (pins for attaching), center one is ground, outer holes go to 1k resistors. How or which way is this connected up, I assume it is for headphone/speaker setup or am I missing something?
speaker only have 2 wires and same for the headphone plug, so am guessing it is designed to attach speaker to one side and headphone to the other with the middle pin being the common ground for both?
Any help with that is much appreciated
Geo
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: