Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Goaty
    replied
    Originally posted by kosacid View Post
    [ATTACH]44252[/ATTACH]
    back to building giving the drones a break just need the programmer now
    Could you please post a copy of the files you sent to have your boards made?

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hi Bernard,,,,You are right about 'Priorities' and it's a shame that things like hobbies,,fun and leisure have to come second but that's life I guess,,,LoL. I'm not familiar with 'BlueTerm' and have never used a smart phone or phone apps before but your ideas sound great and I'll keep my eyes open for your future developments. Again, the Pickini 4 was a great litle project and I'm really happy with what it has found me so far. I'm still experimenting with other coils for it but until now the best coil for me has been the 300uh 3DSS. I'm building a 'DD' to try wth it but I'm uncertain of how to wire it to the pcb. Hopefully, in the future, and if you find the time, maybe your new ideas for the Pickini will happen. All the best. Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @MartyJ1963
    Is there going to be a Pickini 5 ?
    No plans at the moment, due to other priorities.
    If I would make a next version, I would attach a small bluetooth module to the controller to provide an interface to a smartphone app like BlueTerm.
    I am already using this interface during the debugging phase.
    A BT interface to your phone would allow you to change settings like pulse width, slicing level, sensitivity... These would then be stored in the onboard EEPROM.
    It could also be used as a target indicator value.
    This setup would even allow a switch/combination between voltage and temporal sampling. Even multiple voltage samples could be taken with variable delays...

    Writing a dedicated Android app would even be nicer, but a too high threshold for me at the moment.

    Hardwarewise, I would like a simpler DC coupled analog front end that interfaces with the ADC/comparator input of the controller. This should produce an amplified flyback signal between 0 and 4 V. The input supports 0 - 5 V.
    I am convinced that most people on this forum are able to whip up a much better analog interface.
    My preference goes to writing the embedded firmware.



    If only I had more time...

    - Bernard

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @Blobber: thanks !

    @Gurdal: please make your posts in English - according to the forum rules.

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    thank you so much


    My Pic Dip

    [ATTACH] 44292 [/ ATTACH]
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • blobber
    replied
    PICKINI V4.zip

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    I don't have any sprint layout.
    Maybe somebody else can provide them ?

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    hi
    can you add the last sprintlay file

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    @Bernard,,,,,Hope you're well,,,Thanks for the comments,,,I did Decals in Sprint layout,,I have Front Designer 3 but I find it easier drawing each part of the Decal myself and then just saving them as a Makro (Like building components) in a separate folder. I print them out on sticky backed A4 glossy paper (in this case 'Green') and then I covered them in sticky backed clear plastic film before cutting them out. Is there going to be a Pickini 5 ? Thanks. Marty

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @gurdal:
    Do you have new video?
    No, but here is a video illustrating the immunity for mineralization:


    You can find all build information here:


    This is a generic PI detector with temporal sampling - as opposed to voltage sampling.
    The most important item of the build is the coil. You can find lots of information on coils in the geotech coil specific forum.
    Any coil that works with a PI detector will work with Pickini v4, as long as it is in the 200 - 400 microHenry range.

    As MartyJ1963 experienced, a fast coil - like a basket coil with insulated litze wire - will give good results on gold.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @MartyJ1963: a very nice find and your detector housing is looking so much better than the ones I built so far...



    @Kosacid :
    why use a bc107 instead of just a general-purpose what's the advantage? had to order them lol
    You can replace the BS170 with a BC549B or C. It will not have the exact same switching speed and drive of the MOSFET gate, but it will do the level conversion from 5V to 12V.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    can you support

    best regards gurdal

    Leave a comment:


  • gurdal
    replied
    Hi All

    Buy 5 Pcs PIC16F1824.
    Pickit3 I gave the order
    Do you have new video?
    Best regards

    Leave a comment:


  • BKY1337
    replied
    I use sprint layout for my circuits and i think the through plating only works when i use a double sided layout.
    I can mark the holes there as through plated.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X