Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    useus

    Test the detector outside, away from any EMI interference. Do not test it in house.
    Turn down the sensitivity potmeter.
    Version 4.2 is an experimental version where the sensitivity setting influences the voltage comparator slicing level.
    The best version is v4.1. But you will still experience EMI noise when testing inside a building.
    I tried it outdoors, in the woods, the sound it emits is not the sound of a target, it's like a preset beep that sounds for a second and stops for a second in a loop.
    I will test the 4.1​

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    useus

    Test the detector outside, away from any EMI interference. Do not test it in house.
    Turn down the sensitivity potmeter.
    Version 4.2 is an experimental version where the sensitivity setting influences the voltage comparator slicing level.
    The best version is v4.1. But you will still experience EMI noise when testing inside a building.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    I finally programmed the pic with pickit 3, I turned on the metal detector but I have a problem, the detection works but I have a loud and continuous beep that lasts about a second. what do I need to check to fix it?
    pickini4.2 hex
    I use a buzzer connected as described on the previous page, so the sound is very loud

    Leave a comment:


  • Reedick
    replied
    Hi . I say happy new year to all friends here. 2025

    Leave a comment:


  • sbalio1
    replied
    HI KT315 I WAS MAKING DETECTOR SCANEER . THANKS

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    • hello amigo

      it's not mine choice ) i deeply sure recommend to do just that had been released in 100s++ pieces. this is Main Rule. if to do crude project then you have to be expert in electronics and in the code programming.
      so buy a pcb or kit from anybody and you will get working detector. or you just waste your time. while certainly you get the experience in electronics anyway ))

      pleasure
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • sbalio1
    replied
    I have made this device four times, but I have the same problem. The sensitivity starts to decrease on its own. Is it possible that there is a problem with a file? hex

    Leave a comment:


  • sbalio1
    replied
    There is a problem, forum members, with this device. The problem is that the sensitivity begins to decrease gradually on its own, even though the battery is still fully charged. Does anyone here explain the problem to us?

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    You can find all design info here:


    Leave a comment:


  • sifirzeri
    replied
    Hello, is there any article explaining the circuit or operation of the metal detector?

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    I'd rather have something that's guaranteed to work. going to rehearsals I go crazy, and I risk burning the pic

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    an alternative method to pickit to program the 16f1824? I tried with an Arduino code on github (https://github.com/jaromir-sukuba/a-p-prog) but gave configs errors.


    maybe there is a serial jdm that writes 16f1824 but since there are so many I would like to be sure of a working one​.

    however the audio circuit works, even if programmed with error I was able to turn it on, the coil detection doesn't work but at least I tried the buzzer
    Try this one:https://electronics-diy.com/electron...atic.php?id=57

    Here is a good site:https://archive.ph/4j7NL

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    an alternative method to pickit to program the 16f1824? I tried with an Arduino code on github (https://github.com/jaromir-sukuba/a-p-prog) but gave configs errors.


    maybe there is a serial jdm that writes 16f1824 but since there are so many I would like to be sure of a working one​.

    however the audio circuit works, even if programmed with error I was able to turn it on, the coil detection doesn't work but at least I tried the buzzer

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post

    Yes, and leave the 1K resistor between the microcontroller audio output pin and the base of the BC337 transistor.
    perfect thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    can i use a felezjoo pi schematic for speaker?
    Pin 11 direct to base of transistor​
    Yes, and leave the 1K resistor between the microcontroller audio output pin and the base of the BC337 transistor.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X