Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICKINI V4 - an easy to build, self adjusting PI detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BC547
    replied
    I typically use 8xAA NiZn rechargeable ( 1.5V instead of NiMH 1.2V ) or 3x LiIon in series from a laptop power supply.

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    Bernard sir, when i use 8xAA alkaline battery the md working just fine, but when i put 3.7v Lion batt+charger module+step-up module to 12v its not working properly like the last sound i upload, i think i need new module.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    sometimes its make an error coil sound.
    The intermittent low tone is indeed the LOW BATTERY indicator.
    It is the same sound as the COIL ERROR indicator that you would hear continuously immediately after booting the detector.

    Charge the batteries, go outside to the search spot, hold coil away from metal, switch it on and go for treasure! ( user manual in a nutshell ).

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    Yes it is, I already try 8xAA alkaline and step up Li-ion battery, sometimes its make an error coil sound.

    Correction:
    You are right... Battery is low, i think my kid turn it on all day long.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    Still cant calibrating near my house, will try at the river bank
    Is the battery voltage still OK ( 12 V ) ?

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    My setup。。。
    Still cant calibrating near my house, will try at the river bank
    Box1
    Box2
    Inside
    Ready

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim
    replied
    My first etching experiments were with citric acid/peroxide/salt. Although slow, even the toner transferred text, down to .1mm or less was etched precisely. Citric or vinegar is OK.

    Leave a comment:


  • morganton
    replied
    Originally posted by ripsdevala View Post


    That would be handy, 45min etching is normal for me for using used feric acid
    Someone did an Instructable comparing vinegar/hydrogen peroxide to Ferric Chloride for etching. Vinegar/Hydrogen Peroxide did well.

    Is the Best PCB Etchant in Every Kitchen ?: After a lot of reading and inspiring from Instructables for two years now I decided to step ahead and do my first Instructable on two subjects I particularly like : PCB making & The scientific method. Feel free to comment and criticize my wor…

    Leave a comment:


  • nick holas
    replied
    my etching method

    hi all
    hi bernard
    hi ripsdevala

    for etching my pcb whit toner transfer method i use 1/3 water,1/3 peroxid( 120 volume ),1/3 chloric acid .it takes aprox 30s with good result but the problem is the chlore gaz so do it outside and not like me on the absolutly new outside metalic garden table that we both .it make very beautifull hole!!!!!! (my ears remember 10 years after the shout of my wife!!!!!! LOL)
    you can do it faster without water (3s!!) but not very good result.
    to experiment put a nail when you finished,it makes hot (very hot!!!),foam and chlore gaz but the nail become like pin (very sharp like a hook fish) but BEWARE!!!!!!

    bernard ,the led effect i was speaking that was amazing ,was your method to see if there is an inductive field around the coil,i tryed it with euro ace MD and my friends was impressed!!! they said " are you magician???" and answer "no,no! just a simple man!!!" LOL (thank you for that)

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    @F117
    I forgot that part, will try again later, thank you

    Originally posted by morganton View Post
    Thanks, I'll check that out. I also found this tutorial for etching that uses 60% vinegar and 40% hydrogen peroxide with kosher salt instead of muriatic acid.
    https://lowpowerlab.com/2012/12/15/c...-with-vinegar/
    That would be handy, 45min etching is normal for me for using used feric acid

    Leave a comment:


  • morganton
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    You could always use stripboard as an alternative. I can highly recommend this excellent freeware tool for stripboard layouts ->

    Go to the site and click on downloads. The program runs on any platform that supports Java.
    Thanks, I'll check that out. I also found this tutorial for etching that uses 60% vinegar and 40% hydrogen peroxide with kosher salt instead of muriatic acid.

    Leave a comment:


  • BC547
    replied
    @ripsdevala
    When you test the detector inside the house, it will pick up a lot of noise.
    When you switch it on and the calibration cycle is done with noise present, it won't function properly: you will get false signals.

    I have the same result when I switch it on for testing on the bench in the garage, where the wifi access point is located + other sources of EMI.
    Increasing the sensitivity in this case will only make the erroneous signals worse.

    Before switching the detector on:

    1/ go to the place where you want to search ( this is usually outside the house ... )
    2/ hold the coil in the air, away from any metal
    3/ switch on the detector
    4/ wait until you get one or two solid beeps and then the idle tick - takes about 20s
    5/ you're all set: start searching


    Before starting a search: check your battery voltage ( but that should be standard procedure for every hunt )

    Leave a comment:


  • ripsdevala
    replied
    Good evening,
    Yesterday the md is have no broblem at all but now it make sound like this when start.
    Sound: start-increase sens-off

    Its a 330uh 1.4R coil shielded, with 430 1.8R shielded coil is stable but the deep is decreasing, any clue would be apreciate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by morganton View Post
    Thanks for that reply. I like your idea. I'll have to see if I can remember how to etch boards. I'm getting lazy in my old age and like to build kits, I have the PIC programmer so that part wouldn't be a problem.
    You could always use stripboard as an alternative. I can highly recommend this excellent freeware tool for stripboard layouts ->

    Go to the site and click on downloads. The program runs on any platform that supports Java.

    Leave a comment:


  • morganton
    replied
    Originally posted by F117 View Post
    @morganton:
    1. I have built 2 so far and tested extensively on wet beaches / farmland, ... but I can not compare with highly mineralized soil elsewhere. Nor can I compare with other PI detectors. The other detectors I own are all VLF. I only know from my test experiences that a 25cm PI coil goes Deeper! than my XP GoldMaxxPower.
    2. I noticed that already quite a few people have made their own version of the PCB. The most interesting part in a kit woudl of course be a programmed PIC controller. The other parts are all commonly available. AFAIK there is no online service or something that will send you a programmed PIC when you upload a hex file. Another business opportunity
    Thanks for that reply. I like your idea. I'll have to see if I can remember how to etch boards. I'm getting lazy in my old age and like to build kits, I have the PIC programmer so that part wouldn't be a problem.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X