Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Orbit
    replied
    I'm using an enhanced version NX8048K050 the first version was written in 2017 and it contains graphics in Nextion depending on the voltage sends command what color to display ,and this is the version you can watch, in the second version it works dynamically which works a lot faster it contains in the processor and sends a command which a specific number for a particular coloractivates ,in both versions it measures 17 times per second then from 17 measurements I draw a mean average and I send a command to Nextion .I will post the second version in a few days that you can see ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQahEUWLF8k

    I'm personally very happy with the speed of the reaction the speed of the processor to Nextion is 57600 baudsrate

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Hi Altra,
    Yes, sure helps to have the simulator and the serial bridge makes life that much easier. The format is a bit strange but not too bad.
    The thing I like about the Nextions over other similar products is that you don't require the SD card to hold your graphics pages.
    Button changes can use just 2 backgrounds, all on, all off, then you can just select a portion of either page or background (such as over a button) to indicate on/off or pressed state.
    The 3.5" enhanced version has 32Mb flash and 8K Ram which is plenty for most applications.
    I didn't get the enhanced version, but wish I did just not to be limited. For most applications the standard is fine. The enhanced is needed if you want to do the simulated analog gauges. These displays are great for one off projects. Another good choice https://riverdi.com/product-category/eve/


    @Orbit your graphics look great. Do you have a video of the display reacting?

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Nice work Orbit

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Orbit View Post
    I have been using Nextion for a long time he is great can be used for multiplicity application i use it for my magnetometer it's a language pretty easy to learn.
    [ATTACH]48335[/ATTACH]
    Nice work Orbit

    Leave a comment:


  • Orbit
    replied
    I have been using Nextion for a long time he is great can be used for multiplicity application i use it for my magnetometer it's a language pretty easy to learn.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	verzija 160 boja.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	677.1 KB
ID:	355615

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Altra View Post
    A great feature of the Nextion IDE software is the built in display simulator. Using a usb/ttl bridge you can hook it to your circuits serial port. Really speeds up development. Also allows you to try it without buying a display. Nextion uses a weird serial format, as I recall all data sent has to be converted to character strings. But once you get your sub routines written its really easy to use.
    Hi Altra,
    Yes, sure helps to have the simulator and the serial bridge makes life that much easier. The format is a bit strange but not too bad.
    The thing I like about the Nextions over other similar products is that you don't require the SD card to hold your graphics pages.
    Button changes can use just 2 backgrounds, all on, all off, then you can just select a portion of either page or background (such as over a button) to indicate on/off or pressed state.
    The 3.5" enhanced version has 32Mb flash and 8K Ram which is plenty for most applications.

    Leave a comment:


  • Altra
    replied
    A great feature of the Nextion IDE software is the built in display simulator. Using a usb/ttl bridge you can hook it to your circuits serial port. Really speeds up development. Also allows you to try it without buying a display. Nextion uses a weird serial format, as I recall all data sent has to be converted to character strings. But once you get your sub routines written its really easy to use.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    In fact, it is the only enhanced size offered!
    Oh Ok, I order direct from Nextion /Itead. Part number NX4832K035 MPN: IM160611006

    IM106530001 is the part number for the expansion board and FPC

    Also for ease of development, get yourself a USB to TTL serial converter rather than using the SD card, much simpler.

    PM just sent.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    It appears that the 3.2" enhanced version is the smallest size available from the US supplier...
    In fact, it is the only enhanced size offered!

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    ... Nextion https://nextion.tech/ Enhanced versions not so good IDE but still great for creating graphic interfaces and no SD card required for image storage.

    Nextion is the one I landed on for a number of reasons...
    It appears that the 3.2" enhanced version is the smallest size available from the US supplier. I really like the possibilities!!

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    ... I have sent a PM
    ??

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    What/where is the interface definition for your module? I could take a look at changing the FPGA HDL interface and the software drivers to accommodate it.
    This is one module I have used with PIC32 and PIC24 http://tet.pub.ro/pages/altele/Docs/...0-CT_Rev.B.pdf

    Available from AdaFruit https://www.adafruit.com/product/2770

    4D Systems have similar https://4dsystems.com.au/products/featured-products more expensive but very nice IDE

    Nextion https://nextion.tech/ Enhanced versions not so good IDE but still great for creating graphic interfaces and no SD card required for image storage.

    Nextion is the one I landed on for a number of reasons.

    JL, I have sent a PM

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    ... as I am using a TFT module in my current design with zero failures.
    What/where is the interface definition for your module? I could take a look at changing the FPGA HDL interface and the software drivers to accommodate it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    A more suitable display module has crossed my mind also... using I2C for communications. I2C would be ideal for interfacing with FPGA... only 2 ports required... and I think it should be fast enough (fast mode: 1 Mbit/s, high speed mode:up to 3.4 Mbits/s). In fact, I have thought of a complete user I/F module (display, rotary encoder/switch, audio) communicating with I2C between FPGA and module. That would open up numerous possibilities for packaging.
    Yes, it does open up the possibilities. I have used a 128 x 96 OLED module from various EBAY and other sources with 400KHz clock. With a few work-arounds for the data bottle necking, I managed reasonable display updates but with dedicated port design on FPGA this sort of problem can be dealt with more effectively. Just on those cheap Ebay type modules, its hit and miss on quality. I purchased 50 units from 4 different sellers last year and had 20 failures, all due to bad solder joints on the Flexi cable.
    There are some quality units out there but I haven't done much research on them lately as I am using a TFT module in my current design with zero failures.

    The idea of a complete interface on I2C is a great idea.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    I identified and purchased some raw display modules and other supporting components with view to design and all in one on a front panel PCB that includes the display, encoder and PMOD connectors to help improve the assembly and reduce cost.
    A more suitable display module has crossed my mind also... using I2C for communications. I2C would be ideal for interfacing with FPGA... only 2 ports required... and I think it should be fast enough (fast mode: 1 Mbit/s, high speed mode:up to 3.4 Mbits/s). In fact, I have thought of a complete user I/F module (display, rotary encoder/switch, audio) communicating with I2C between FPGA and module. That would open up numerous possibilities for packaging.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X