Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    That should be better, thank you.
    If you don't find anything else before the AM (my time), I will post the updates in the morning... if you do, I will address what you find and then post the updates.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    That should be better, thank you.
    I think I improved it some more... moved U15 adjacent and to the right of U14 and flipped C55 to the bottom and slid it adjacent to C51. Had to play with the power plane zones a little to make everything work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Moved U16/C55to the right 2.4mm and down (toward the CMOD socket) 1.5mm.
    That should be better, thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    That I can probably do... I have to watch thoigh, the input voltage to U16 is the ~5.4V, not the Vcc going to U14.
    Moved U16/C55to the right 2.4mm and down (toward the CMOD socket) 1.5mm.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    ... or shuffle U16/C55 to the right to get the ref circuit as close to ADC as possible...
    That I can probably do... I have to watch thoigh, the input voltage to U16 is the ~5.4V, not the Vcc going to U14.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    I have also switched the LDO used for U1 from the LM317 to a AP2204K-ADJ. There is no need for 1.5A regulation, has a smaller footprint (SOT-23-5) and is readily available from LCSC and Mouser. After you have a chance to identify anything else, I will redo the gerbers and repost an updated Kicad archive.
    Great idea to swap to the AP2204k-ADJ

    Looking at the ADC external reference and 2.5v regulator, even though its a bit of work, I would be inclined to either transpose U16/U14 circuit positions or shuffle U16/C55 to the right to get the ref circuit as close to ADC as possible.
    I'll keep checking but it is looks very good, nice job.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Thanks for the heads up JL
    I have also switched the LDO used for U1 from the LM317 to a AP2204K-ADJ. There is no need for 1.5A regulation, has a smaller footprint (SOT-23-5) and is readily available from LCSC and Mouser. After you have a chance to identify anything else, I will redo the gerbers and repost an updated Kicad archive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    I have already discovered (and corrected) 3 instances of REF's overlaping or too close to be easily read.
    Thanks for the heads up JL

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    @KingJL, I will go over the files today and have a first run check and report back
    I have already discovered (and corrected) 3 instances of REF's overlaping or too close to be easily read.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    One thing I seem to see that might be an issue.
    The ADC (LT237 ADC_REF cap (C51) needs to be very close to the ADC's ref pin 8 and ground.
    We are using this ADC where I work and I found that there is a good current draw when the ADC starts acquisition (charging it's S&H cap).
    This caused a huge error on the ADC value.

    Also, 100nF is NOT enough C on this pin. Data sheet suggests 47uF, low ESR and we used a 100uF, 1206/1210 size.
    Kemet C1210C107M8PACTU - Digikey #399-11631-1-ND
    or Samsung CL32A107MPVNNNE - Digikey #1276-3364-1-ND
    There are two caps on that net ... 100n (C51) for short transients and a 47u (C55) for the surge.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Very nice work JL! I like it a lot.
    @KingJL, I will go over the files today and have a first run check and report back

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Looks great JL.
    I like the single board, it makes the project look a bit simpler.
    Also like having a connector to bring in all timing signals from the 'digital/control' board.

    One thing I seem to see that might be an issue.
    The ADC (LT237 ADC_REF cap (C51) needs to be very close to the ADC's ref pin 8 and ground.
    We are using this ADC where I work and I found that there is a good current draw when the ADC starts acquisition (charging it's S&H cap).
    This caused a huge error on the ADC value.

    Also, 100nF is NOT enough C on this pin. Data sheet suggests 47uF, low ESR and we used a 100uF, 1206/1210 size.
    Kemet C1210C107M8PACTU - Digikey #399-11631-1-ND
    or Samsung CL32A107MPVNNNE - Digikey #1276-3364-1-ND

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    ?????...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]49098[/ATTACH]

    Well I only clicked on the photo in #686 above, which give different angle view of top side. Now I see there is no mistake.

    I should have known, the software is not likely to allow such a thing to occur.

    Again, very nice.

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by dbanner View Post
    Everything JL does is magic, however I'm going to point out something I don't like.

    I don't like the fact that there appears to be 2 U15's on the top side. At least that is what I see. Maybe one of them should be U14.
    ?????...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TX single board(top)1.png
Views:	1
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	356238

    Leave a comment:


  • dbanner
    replied
    Everything JL does is magic, however I'm going to point out something I don't like.

    I don't like the fact that there appears to be 2 U15's on the top side. At least that is what I see. Maybe one of them should be U14.

    I don't like that all chips are aligned unidirectionally except for one of the said (U15), it looks like odd man out. (Excluding the CMOD-A7)
    Not that this matters.

    Otherwise it's brilliant. Fantastic work JL.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X