Originally posted by KingJL
View Post
On the coils, thanks for the information, I have a few different coils but with a max of 450uH RX and 320uH TX concentrics. I planned on building some more to suit this project so it is good to have the baseline info.
If you can let me know what size coil you test with , I'll build one to match so we can compare notes when it gets to that stage.
It will be interesting to see what gain is arrived at for the OPA828, a balancing act for sure.
In my designs I use a firmware controlled analog switch to select one of 3 resistors in series with a high stability panel mount pot to vary the gain. I find it allows for more flexibility with coils and detector stability on different soils.
The gain pot has an 'O' ring between panel and knob which greatly reduces accidental movement of the gain position.
On another note, I have a hand drawn layout of the proposed internal power supply to main board wiring which I'll put into CAD and post. Will do in Kicad so you can amend as required.
Leave a comment: