Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bipolar Boost TX and Front End

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mdtoday
    replied
    I thought there was an issue with TX_Coil- via connected to ground, then realised it is isolated, so all looks good

    cheers

    Mdtoday
    Last edited by Mdtoday; 05-09-2019, 12:31 AM. Reason: wrong message

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    Not missing... even more hideous... somehow, I had flipped it to the wrong side of the board. So, it ended up with C3 & C19 perfectly overlapping each other.
    Please continue checking!!
    Corrected files:
    Oops...yeah, it's one of those things isn't it, I'll take another look on Ver.6 and report back.

    Cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    ... I had a quick look over and noticed what appears to be a missing foot print...
    Not missing... even more hideous... somehow, I had flipped it to the wrong side of the board. So, it ended up with C3 & C19 perfectly overlapping each other.
    Please continue checking!!
    Corrected files:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    I made some changes to accommodate supplying needed bias to the THAT1512 inputs and to remove the R19 path to supply REF to the positive THAT1512 input. All files, schematic, board, BOM, and gerbers have been updated.
    Thank you, I had a quick look over and noticed what appears to be a missing foot print.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Missing_Footprint_1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	354090

    I'll have another look over later and report if I find anything else

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    New versions

    I made some changes to accommodate supplying needed bias to the THAT1512 inputs and to remove the R19 path to supply REF to the positive THAT1512 input. All files, schematic, board, BOM, and gerbers have been updated.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    That's my feeling... but for the time being, I think I will leave the adustable REF.

    BTW: I now have a sim with a THAT1512 model running succesfully.
    Ok, sounds like a good plan.

    Good news on the THAT1512 sim

    Looks like you could squeeze the bias resistors in near pin 5 of THAT1512

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Thanks for the info

    So all should be fine then with an extra bit of decoupling for 1/2 supply ref
    That's my feeling... but for the time being, I think I will leave the adustable REF.

    BTW: I now have a sim with a THAT1512 model running succesfully.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Thanks for the info

    So all should be fine then with an extra bit of decoupling for 1/2 supply ref

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Are you using a switching regulator to obtain the 20v JL?
    I plan on using MT3608 boost regulator modules (I have 5 of them) to provide both the 5V and the 20V.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Ok, yes that would make sense dropping the adjustable REF as long as the 20v is relatively clean.

    Are you using a switching regulator to obtain the 20v JL?

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    I just discovered that I need to provide some input bias to the THAT1512. It looks as if 5K from each leg to common will suffice and will not upset the damping. That being said the adjustable REF is probably redundant... just set it to 1/2 of the 20 supply. It looks as if using the biasing arrangement for the THAT1512, there is no longer a need to feed the ref to the coil input via the 2Meg resistance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    35T.
    Ok Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • KingJL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Are you using the A7-15T or A7-35T and which tool chain KingJL ?

    I'd like to follow along on this project and keep things the same as much as possible



    Cheers

    Mdtoday
    35T.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Are you using the A7-15T or A7-35T and which tool chain KingJL ?

    I'd like to follow along on this project and keep things the same as much as possible



    Cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by KingJL View Post
    I plan to use the Artix-7 FPGA to genetrate the timing and post-process the pre-amp output ( https://store.digilentinc.com/cmod-a...7-fpga-module/ ). I have developed an interface board that will piggy back off of J9 and will accept the Artix-7 board. I already have the Arty S7 development board that I have been using to develop the logic modules and interface them to the microblaze embedded upc core. The Kicad files for the interface board:

    Thank you for sharing, I'll go take a look at those modules.

    Cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X