Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hattusa Pulse

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hattusa Pulse

    Greetings, I want to design a new pulse detector with arduino, what do you think should be the features of this detector? can you share your ideas?

  • #2
    I had this PCB made last year, I would like to remake its digital structure using its analog structure with your suggestions. of course for this site

    The detector on this PCB does not have a screen, it is directly used with an android mobile phone via bluetooth.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	pcb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	680.5 KB ID:	411089 Click image for larger version  Name:	pcb2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	388.4 KB ID:	411090
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      This is the analog structure I tested above and want to work on.
      a- what screen should i use?
      b- Shall we add a button? How many buttons should we add?
      c- how about the audio circuit?
      d- Should it be android or PC connected? Should bluetooth be added?​

      Click image for larger version

Name:	HATTUSA.jpg
Views:	1862
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	411097

      Comment


      • #4
        it seems that no one wants to make a PI detector, and there is not even a suggestion, it is not important...
        I will gradually design and share it myself.​

        Comment


        • #5
          Of course there would be people interested if you had given more details.
          Do you have a video demonstrating how that detector works otherwise, with mobile phone?
          Can you post the schematic in high resolution so we can see everything more clearly?
          ​

          Comment


          • #6
            I have sprint layout files of this detector. If you want to develop it I will follow to you

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi,
              why do you add a DC-DC converter to step-up the voltage? Just add one more of the 18650 batteries to get approx 12V. So your DC stays "clean" from additional noise from the DC-DC converter

              Comment


              • #8
                Looking at your circuit again, I would skip the DC-DC converter and add another 18650 cell. Then you will have no problem to drive your coil circuit with enough current. Because I do not think that the small DC-DC converter you choosed can deliver enough current for your TX circuit.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ivconic View Post
                  Of course there would be people interested if you had given more details.
                  Do you have a video demonstrating how that detector works otherwise, with mobile phone?
                  Can you post the schematic in high resolution so we can see everything more clearly?
                  ​
                  The android version you mentioned is in commercial use. what I want is to redesign and create a free version for site members. is to add the digital part on the scheme I gave. While making this addition, it is to do in line with the suggestions of the users. my aim is to make a detector like felezjo but slightly improved.

                  PS: Sorry for my English, my accent may be broken as I use translate.​

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post
                    Looking at your circuit again, I would skip the DC-DC converter and add another 18650 cell. Then you will have no problem to drive your coil circuit with enough current. Because I do not think that the small DC-DC converter you choosed can deliver enough current for your TX circuit.
                    It works smoothly with 2s, 2p 18650 batteries, in my trials...
                    A maximum current of 200mA is sufficient for Tx. This is a full battery and my energy source is sufficient for 5 hours of continuous operation.
                    I'm thinking of using the TP5100 module for the charging part.

                    I am considering a new technique for determining the signal tuning points required for discrimination without an oscilloscope of the members that will make this circuit, which worries me at the moment.​

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wtrk View Post
                      I have sprint layout files of this detector. If you want to develop it I will follow to you
                      The drawing in your hand will change, because the pcb in your hand is double sided, whereas I will redraw the single sided PCB for convenience and add it here. Before making this drawing, I would like to get the suggestions of the users. What should be in this detector so that it is easy to assemble and build?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wtrk View Post
                        I have sprint layout files of this detector. If you want to develop it I will follow to you
                        Would be good to share Sprint files here.
                        Development of a metal detector that will use the processor; it's not easy, whether it's VLF I/B or PI.
                        I even have the impression that PI is a much more difficult task, if we want a solid detector at the end.
                        Look at the AMX project on the forum and it will be clear to you.
                        Although I have a strong ego... I'm not that unrealistic, I know my possibilities (they are modest),
                        so I shouldn't promise anything in advance.
                        It's easy to write a "toy" PI program, there are tons of such projects on github.
                        When you look at the code that was written; it's all very frivolous and can't provide anywhere near solid performance.
                        However... it is an easier task to design a "hybrid", a mixture of analog and digital.
                        If analog processing is good; remains an easy task for the digital part.
                        No, I can't promise anything and I can't make any commitments. But I want to look at everything, consider and finally see.
                        What I can promise for sure is that I can write a piece of code that will support LCD, keyboard and generate up to 3 separate timing signals.
                        Actually I already have it written. It's not my original code, it's code published much earlier and I just adapted it for Barracuda.
                        So much was possible to get out of the Atmega328P. The code was originally written by Joop.
                        I have added, modified and adapted some things for Barracuda.
                        And when I did it; that "digital" Barracuda worked much better than the original.
                        And that's about the best I can offer for now. To adapt the same code for this hardware here.
                        I didn't look at the schematic, I didn't look at the details.
                        The resolution is weak, the schematic should be published in a higher resolution.
                        Maybe something more can be done on the basis of that schematic.
                        ​

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hattusa View Post

                          The android version you mentioned is in commercial use. what I want is to redesign and create a free version for site members. is to add the digital part on the scheme I gave. While making this addition, it is to do in line with the suggestions of the users. my aim is to make a detector like felezjo but slightly improved.

                          PS: Sorry for my English, my accent may be broken as I use translate.​
                          Phew!
                          That's too ambitious a wish, my friend!
                          FelezJoo was designed by a top developer who I still admire to this day.
                          Since I know the Atmega328P and its architecture very well; I am able to estimate how much the code written for that processor is worth.
                          And take my word for it; FelezJoo is a work of art!
                          Probably the maximum of what can be extracted from a processor of the Atmega328p category.
                          Especially if one chooses the direct sampling method.
                          The author of FelezJoo PI is a great connoisseur and a top expert.
                          I will repeat; the task will be somewhat easier if direct sampling is avoided and the analog part is done well.
                          That's why I asked to see a video demonstration and how it works. If you have a link, video, anything; share here.
                          Just as it is already built with Android, I would like to see it work, the simplest tests in the air.
                          By this I can judge whether it will be worth using the analog part for a new project or not.
                          Although some "big experts" on forum would disagree with me; however, just looking at the schematic can't say everything.
                          But schematic and video demonstration can show a lot.
                          ...
                          Your English is understandable, no problem.
                          ​

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hattusa View Post
                            It works smoothly with 2s, 2p 18650 batteries, in my trials...
                            A maximum current of 200mA is sufficient for Tx. This is a full battery and my energy source is sufficient for 5 hours of continuous operation.
                            ​
                            You could just design the TX circuit to run on 7V and then the boost is not needed. I have designed PI circuits as low as 3V.
                            Last edited by Carl-NC; 04-05-2023, 03:23 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hi, since no one has received a suggestion, I have this analog structure for digital;
                              a- I added 1 x 16x2 lcd
                              b- I added 3 buttons
                              c- I added an hc05 bluetooth module for future use for android or PC (I will activate it when the project progresses)
                              d- it is the sound layer that upsets me. for two audio outputs, the atmega328 is a bit old architecture, there are 3 timers inside. I couldn't activate timer0 because timer0 is used for millis() and delay, I couldn't use timer1 because timer1 is used for spi, only timer2 remains, I couldn't use it in the sound stage because I used it for firing the mosfet and timing in TX. i wish i could use a more powerful MCU sure it would be easier. But for members I have to use atmega328.

                              in conclusion; I created the schematic, I will publish it here very soon, I am drawing the PCB schematic at the moment. I will share it too. It's not too difficult for me to make a VLF, PI, IB, magnetometer or resistor meter because I've done it many times. Anyway, this PI I'm going to share seems pretty simple to me...
                              All I need is time. because the analog structure I tested is the board I created from old scrap PCBs. When I draw and print the final circuit PCB, I will share the videos you want.​

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X