Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferrous and no-ferrous

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • satdaveuk
    replied
    I agree with Joop
    If in a really junky location Induction balance is the way to go, However you will still be digging junk but not quite so much unless your like me because I tend to dig almost everything hence the bad back

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    It's a good microcrontroller.
    It is cheap and has many resources.
    It is one of my favorites.
    You'll like it.
    __________


    PS: There is a book: PIC MICROCONTROLLERS Practical design applications II.
    From McGrawHill very good. I do not know if it will be in pdf format.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Thanks I have ordered a PIC16F873 - 20 it will be here in about 10 days.

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Hi alber_gold
    Could you please tell me the full part number for the micro as there seems to be several max clock speeds

    The full name is : PIC16F873 - 20 I/SP

    I think it serves any model.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hi alber_gold
    Could you please tell me the full part number for the micro as there seems to be several max clock speeds

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    The PWM function does not work in the code attached
    Ok thank you
    6666

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    for what? in original surf the delay pot is re-moved and uses like a pot for SAT tuning. the delay is fixed on 15us by multurn 50k R25, one time and on all life. this is Terry's mod.
    Ahhh .... thank you very much. I had no idea why.

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    I want to put an external potentiometer to adjust the DELAY.
    for what? in original surf the delay pot is re-moved and uses like a pot for SAT tuning. the delay is fixed on 15us by multurn 50k R25, one time and on all life. this is Terry's mod.

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    I have a doubt about the Surf PI.
    Once I read the solution in this forum but now can not find.


    I want to put an external potentiometer to adjust the DELAY.


    Does anyone know how I should connect? Should I remove the 10K multiturn?


    In the thread I read I remember that was connected in series with the multiturn but the truth is I do not remember.


    Thank you.

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    The PWM function does not work in the code attached. This code is a minimum and only to start the investigation. Sorry.


    I comment in the thread that is better to use PWM and not use the weighted resistor DAC.


    To use the PWM pin should be used RC2/CCP1. This for model 16F873.
    That would connect the input pin 386.


    If you set the PWM is confusing, you can catch the ADC value (only 8 bits for example) and create a function that delivers an output proportional to one pin of the PIC, for example pin RA, 0 (PORTA, 0).


    It would be something like this:

    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

    CONVERT ; We come up here with a CALL instruction.

    movf ADRESL,0 ; only 8 bit of ADC . Before this value we sent it to PORTB.
    movwf VALUE ; my register

    movlw 0x00
    xorwf VALUE,0
    btfsc STATUS,2
    RETURN ; if VALUE == 0 no sound. This can be adjust for a minium level. For example if ADC < .50 , no sound....(example)

    bsf PORTA,0 ; Now PORTA,0 == 1 ( about 4,7 v when Vcc == 5 v )

    BUCLE_AUDIO

    call DELAY_x ; A delay because PIC works very speed and the audio signal is very slow

    decfsz VALUE,1
    goto BUCLE_AUDIO

    bcf PORTA,0 ; Out off

    RETURN ; if VALUE == 0 then finish ( We come from a CALL )

    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

    This gives an audio frequency proportional to the value of the ADC.


    This code is just an example to make experiments.

    Sorry for my spainenglish. :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    You say that It is better to use the PWM output of the mic, does that function already work ?
    or do you need to change the hex code ?

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Hi alber_gold

    Thanks for the extra information on your design.

    6666

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Qiaozhi View Post
    You'll have to leave it there. It is not our policy to prune/tidy-up threads, and often the removal of certain posts will ruin the continuity of the discussion.

    Remember, you have 60 minutes in which to modify any post you have made. After that it becomes part of the fabric of Geotech.
    .
    .

    ok thanks.


    I did not know that.


    It's a shame. The thread looks ugly.


    a greeting.

    .
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by alber_gold View Post
    Please, How Can I delete the code of #6.




    It gives a bad image to the thread.
    Below is an attachment.

    Thanks for help.
    You'll have to leave it there. It is not our policy to prune/tidy-up threads, and often the removal of certain posts will ruin the continuity of the discussion.

    Remember, you have 60 minutes in which to modify any post you have made. After that it becomes part of the fabric of Geotech.

    Leave a comment:


  • alber_gold
    replied
    Please, How Can I delete the code of #6.




    It gives a bad image to the thread.
    Below is an attachment.

    Thanks for help.
    Last edited by alber_gold; 11-16-2013, 08:28 AM. Reason: bad text. I cant insert a smile. Sorry.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X