Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PI Audio

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by dom44 View Post
    this is how i made mine but i added a LM386 amp stage this VCO is a good circuit,

    [ATTACH]45447[/ATTACH]
    Great work Dom44, thanks for sharing

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • dom44
    replied
    this is how i made mine but i added a LM386 amp stage this VCO is a good circuit,

    Click image for larger version

Name:	vco-1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	353393

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Just to add a bit more info..
    My VCA circuit while designed to be driven from PWM outputs of a dspic or similar, is versatile enough to be a standard variable amplitude single tone output by using a 555 , cmos osc etc as audio input and feeding the CV input with a conditioned 0-2v DC signal from your favourite integrator , filter and gain stage. I don't vary the Pulse width into audio input only frequency ..eg digitise front end signal after integrator and filters then pump the value out to the PWM. The CV input is set frequency but variable pulse width which is based on same digitised signal input but inverted and firmware filtering and threshold added to it

    cheers
    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    Looks interesting. Will check it.

    I posted the HEX file in my thread last night.
    ok thanks I'll breadboard one of yours up too

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mdtoday View Post
    Thanks waltr.

    Here is the processor controlled audio I generally use...has variable pitch variable level.
    It works well too. It uses 2 pwm outputs from DsPic.

    Spice circuit and screenshot attached.

    [ATTACH]45389[/ATTACH]

    cheers

    Mdtoday
    Looks interesting. Will check it.

    I posted the HEX file in my thread last night.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Thanks waltr.

    Here is the processor controlled audio I generally use...has variable pitch variable level.
    It works well too. It uses 2 pwm outputs from DsPic.

    Spice circuit and screenshot attached.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PWM_VCA.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	353352

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Thanks Waltr, been meaning to try your micro, is there a hex code for it ? thanks
    T
    I know I posted the source code but unsure of the hex.
    If not I will post in in my thread soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Originally posted by waltr View Post
    Micks circuit works very well. I have simulated and proto-typed it.
    It output variable tone and amplitude.
    Your PCB's look great (I also use PCBWAY).

    It does have lots of parts so I did the variable tone with a PIC12F1501 processor at a constant amplitude. Advantage is it needs only one chip the PIC.
    It works well and details are in my HH2 thread here in post #25:
    https://www.geotech1.com/forums/show...ake-on-the-HH2
    Thanks Waltr, been meaning to try your micro, is there a hex code for it ? thanks
    T

    Leave a comment:


  • waltr
    replied
    Micks circuit works very well. I have simulated and proto-typed it.
    It output variable tone and amplitude.
    Your PCB's look great (I also use PCBWAY).

    It does have lots of parts so I did the variable tone with a PIC12F1501 processor at a constant amplitude. Advantage is it needs only one chip the PIC.
    It works well and details are in my HH2 thread here in post #25:
    A basic PI design incorporating a PIC micro for timing control, intended as a learning platform for using uC's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by 6666 View Post
    Mdtoday, thanks Mick has some great circuits, dont know if he is still around.

    No problems 6666, yes, he does. I liked this back end audio and yeah, I'm not sure where he is these days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Elliot,

    Thanks for posting the schematic

    You could pick off from there, although there will be mods around the threshold...don't need 2 ..

    Umm, I think we have wires crossed...Micks circuit has variable pitch and amplitude

    Leave a comment:


  • 6666
    replied
    Mdtoday, thanks Mick has some great circuits, dont know if he is still around.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elliot
    replied
    You're good at this - I can tell! Yes, the Mirage is a derivative of the Hammerhead. I don't like VCO outputs generally, so to have the option of a single tone and variable amplitude would be nice. I have attached the schematic of the Mirage. I assume that the output from the Mirage would be around the area I have circled.Click image for larger version

Name:	Schematic.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	353349

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Elliot

    Ok, now I have looked at the Mirage PI PCB, its a version of Carl's Hammerhead , from what I can see anyway...

    In that case the input to the circuit I posted would come from the Output of 3rd gain stage..

    The difference in audio stage is that the Hammerhead (version 1 is what I'm referencing) has the option for variable pitch or constant pitch variable amplitude.

    Mickstv's circuit has both rolled into one. Maybe the mirage version has both too, I cant tell from looking at pictures


    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by Elliot View Post
    How might this design vary in functionality compared with the TreasureLinx Mirage Ultra 1?
    Hi Elliot,

    I'm not familiar with the audio of that detector sorry,so I cant really compare.
    This circuit has a nice stable threshold, good sound, good input/output range and can be added to most PI front ends after the integration and filter stage.
    You can drive headphones direct or couple the output to the audio amp section shown with little effort.
    Its variable pitch variable amplitude back end..

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X