Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PI Audio

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dom44
    replied
    I make my own boards I find it easy now made hundreds of boards over the years just for fun for me. I prefer pins makes it easier to solder wires or re-solder when they brake off. good thing i checked it forgot to reconnect the 4046 -V pin after moving the pad.

    dom44

    Click image for larger version

Name:	VCO-V4.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	353402

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Maybe give yourself a bit more clearance around the +5v input pad too Dom44, I would shuffle it away from 4046 now that you have increased board size ...it looks like you are using pcb pins ... If not then probably OK..
    Are you get the boards made or will you do yourself ? Should be great little through hole board


    cheers

    mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by dom44 View Post
    how about this one?

    [ATTACH]45456[/ATTACH]
    Yes, that looks more robust, good job

    Leave a comment:


  • dom44
    replied
    how about this one?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ver-3 -VCO.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	353401

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    No worries Dom44, I did a quick spice of your circuit with lm324 and it appears to be fine, didn't check drift but should be ok

    One last suggestion if I may, perhaps 3.2mm mounting holes in or near corners if you can increase pcb size, that way even with panel mount pots, you can relieve stress on them using the mounting holes and spacers to main board or enclosure.
    Even a couple on oposite side to pots would do it.. 8 mm corner clearance will avoid shorting -5 v to case etc. Hope this helps and good work btw

    cheers

    mdtoday
    Last edited by Mdtoday; 02-22-2019, 10:34 AM. Reason: Can't spell

    Leave a comment:


  • dom44
    replied
    thanks Mdtoday i think i have sorted it you are right my circuit is the hand drawn one the 220k looked like 20k should be ok now put in a 10 turn and moved the 10k resistor the 10k explains why my the LED's where not working correctly.

    Dom44


    Click image for larger version

Name:	fixed-VCO.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	448.1 KB
ID:	353400
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by dom44 View Post
    just squeezed it in bit better vco- added a 100uf decoupler cap to amp on this one should be it now


    [ATTACH]45451[/ATTACH]
    Hi Dom44,

    Just a couple of things I spotted, see markup

    1) the 10k input resistor to 4046 pin 9 should be direct to output of first opamp
    2) You have a 20k resistor marked instead of 220k.
    3) I would suggest using a 10 turn preset for the input offset for finer zero adjustment

    Cheers

    Mdtoday
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by dom44 View Post
    I will draw it up give me some time, it is the same circuit you posted just added the LM386.
    Thanks Dom44, no worries, at least this way it will match your PCB layout.

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by dom44 View Post
    just squeezed it in

    [ATTACH]45449[/ATTACH]
    Good job and thanks

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • dom44
    replied
    just squeezed it in bit better vco- added a 100uf decoupler cap to amp on this one should be it now


    Click image for larger version

Name:	vco-.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	353396
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dom44
    replied
    I was going to put it on the detector end ran out of room I will see if i can fit it in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Dom44,

    I noticed you don't have the 2.2uF input cap on the board, was that intentional?

    I'll build up another couple of boards and try a few different Opamps too.

    cheers

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • dom44
    replied
    I will draw it up give me some time, it is the same circuit you posted just added the LM386.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mdtoday
    replied
    Originally posted by dom44 View Post
    I made it as compact as i can using standard components you should check it i tested on the bench but haven't installed it in a detector yet.
    Ok, will check it, could you post a schematic if you have one please .

    thanks

    Mdtoday

    Leave a comment:


  • dom44
    replied
    I made it as compact as i can using standard components you should check it i tested on the bench but haven't installed it in a detector yet.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X