Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinpointer with discrimination "Cat-FM" on ATMega328P

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    the buzzer is pac-1205
    PAC-1205 It't not piezo buzzer, It Is electromagnetic transducer with 6V max. supply, It Is first, and second when you detouch base transistor from sound I see normal consumption.
    Conclusion - you have misstake with your sound transistor connection or It's not working properly. Check your transistor please, see In attachment.
    Connect emmiter to 5V Instead battery, remove 1K parallel resistor from your transducer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BC557-transistor-pinout-equivalent.gif
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	361404
    I hope you are using BC557 In the sound circuit?

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    with base of transistor disconnected and buzzer connected 15.6ma


    now the buzzer does not emit background noises as it did before

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    the buzzer is pac-1205

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    It seems to me that you have electromagnetic speaker that just looks like buzzer, and because reactive resinstance on sound frequency Is lower thar active resistance you see such consupmtion.
    But anyway, 28mA In standby mode Is too much.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    with detached buzzer 28ma without detection
    30.5ma with detection
    with connected buzzer 700ma without detection
    800ma with detection

    the buzzer on the capacitor marks me 47uf and 45 ohm on resistance


    however the buzzer is passive, powering it directly does not emit any sound
    First, passive piezo buzzer Is equal to capacitor and It can't pass constant current!, It's not piezo buzzer.
    My passive piezo buzzer has 10nF capacitance and has endless resistance.

    Second, 28mA without detection Is too much, check your schematic please, I mean MCU consumption(~15mA), generator consumption(500uA).

    Third, disconnect the base of sound transistor from MCU and check current again, may be you have deffect transistor too.

    Show me your buzzer please)

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    with detached buzzer 28ma without detection
    30.5ma with detection
    with connected buzzer 700ma without detection
    800ma with detection

    the buzzer on the capacitor marks me 47uf and 45 ohm on resistance


    however the buzzer is passive, powering it directly does not emit any sound

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Check your pizeo buzzer with multimeter please, It must behave like capacitor but not like resistor.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Look, In silent mode , when device don't see target, sound transistor Is strongly closed, and It opens with PWM pulses when target comes up, If your buzzer Is not working correctrly, we can see short circuit effect. Show your buxxer please.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    hi, the circuit is checked and is fine, probably the 28ma I measured were during the measurement, I had the multimeter near
    Thus, the problem Is In your sound circuit, try to connect simple 16 Ohm speaker without 1k In parallel.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    Hi, check your PCB, my circut consumes 15mA In silent, and 29 mA when detecting target.
    hi, the circuit is checked and is fine, probably the 28ma I measured were during the measurement, I had the multimeter near

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    the circuit works but there is a problem, the buzzer heats up a lot and, approaching it to the ear, it hums slightly, so I checked the amperage of the circuit, result 700ma.

    disconnecting the buzzer the circuit consumes 28ma.

    obviously I'm using the passive buzzer that I have available, but something is not right. a help?
    Hi, check your PCB, my circut consumes 15mA In silent, and 29 mA when detecting target.

    It looks like short circuit In the board.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    the circuit works but there is a problem, the buzzer heats up a lot and, approaching it to the ear, it hums slightly, so I checked the amperage of the circuit, result 700ma.


    disconnecting the buzzer the circuit consumes 28ma.


    obviously I'm using the passive buzzer that I have available, but something is not right. a help?

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    New video on my channel related to PCB design and some things about second revision.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    Finished and working! Thanks void118
    Today I try firmware 1.51 and build definitive coil

    note the crystal sideways, like the hole I made
    Congratulations my friend!

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Finished and working! Thanks void118
    Today I try firmware 1.51 and build definitive coil

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210515_114313.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	361399

    note the crystal sideways, like the hole I made

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X