Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinpointer with discrimination "Cat-FM" on ATMega328P

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    it does me even with the object closest to 50cm. I'll do a test away from home, maybe by adjusting the sensitivity I solve.
    Yes, you are right, unfortunantely an electromagnetic wawes aroud us can bring frequency unstable and we can solve It by decrease sensitivity or recalibrate device only.
    Here Is new, Improved version v1.5.2, try It please:


    and don't forget about earth elctromagnetic field

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    Sometimes I've seen It, try to remove all Iron objects from sensor)
    it does me even with the object closest to 50cm. I'll do a test away from home, maybe by adjusting the sensitivity I solve.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyJ1963
    replied
    Hiya Ruben. I built a 'High Voltage Rescue Shield'. It will unbrick your ATmega328P chips. If you send me your email I can post you the files to build it because the folder is 2.78mb so I think it is too big to post on here. Regards, Marty.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    another tip is if possible to improve stability, after detection, when the object is moved away, it is often necessary to recalibrate because it continues to sound

    (I make you fatigued LOL)
    Sometimes I've seen It, try to remove all Iron objects from sensor)

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruben2000
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyJ1963 View Post
    Hi all, I ended up building a 'High Voltage Rescue Shield' that connects to the Arduino Uno. Glad I did because it rescued 4 x ATmega328P-PU's for me so I didn't have to buy anymore. They all programmed successfully after that. If anyone wants a copy of the Sprint layout I re-drew for it I'll post it here. I built my coil for the CAT FM V1.2 last night so I'll be assembling it all later now I have working ATmega's. Thanks again for the project Void118. Regards, Marty.
    Hi Marty.
    How did you get your ATmega 328 back?
    Could you help me with that? because I have a 328 locked for a long time and I don't know how to unlock it.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    another tip is if possible to improve stability, after detection, when the object is moved away, it is often necessary to recalibrate because it continues to sound

    (I make you fatigued LOL)

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    sorry I'm confused, I wanted to write that I removed the resistance in parallel to the buzzer.
    I went haywire to solve the problem, luckily there is you!

    the sensitivity setting is interesting, but I think it can be improved.


    I was just trying, between the lowest and highest sensitivity level there are a few mm of detection.


    maybe it is also due to the type of coil, mine is 2.24mh

    Yes, you are right, I will Improve It In the next version I think I will post It within one-two hours.

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    I'm sure base resistor Is must be In the base to limit base current, place at least 470 Ohm to the base please)
    sorry I'm confused, I wanted to write that I removed the resistance in parallel to the buzzer.
    I went haywire to solve the problem, luckily there is you!

    the sensitivity setting is interesting, but I think it can be improved.


    I was just trying, between the lowest and highest sensitivity level there are a few mm of detection.


    maybe it is also due to the type of coil, mine is 2.24mh

    edit: I also solved the consumption, 15.7ma without detection and 27ma with detection

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    I solved it, thanks for the help, all because I had read an incorrect buzzer data sheet.
    bc557 works
    direct base to atmega without 1k
    I'm sure base resistor Is must be In the base to limit base current, place at least 470 Ohm to the base please)

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    I solved it, thanks for the help, all because I had read an incorrect buzzer data sheet.
    bc557 works
    i connected emitter to 5v, direct base to atmega without 1k
    now the buzzer sounds loud and does not heat up


    consumption 28ma without detection
    56ma with detection

    I think the higher consumption is due to the lower voltage
    thanks again for the help

    I just need to make a small change on the board and I'm good to go

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    BC557 max. collector currend Is 200mA, of course It will heating up!
    It will work nice In generator but with such tranducer we should limit collector current to 30-40mA by placing current limit resistor In series.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    12V Is too much for It (twice) and It has big coil resistance, try connect In series to him 1k resistor please.
    But first check your BC557 with multimeter please.

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Originally posted by useus View Post
    i use bc557 and i tried another one with the same result, now i try to connect emitter to + 5v, i will let you know if i solve, pac 1205 i was convinced it worked at 1 also at 12v, i had read it somewhere
    Ok, just check your BC557 with multimeter, but such consuption Is abnormal, look, I found datasheet for your tranducer:

    Leave a comment:


  • useus
    replied
    Originally posted by void118 View Post
    PAC-1205 It't not piezo buzzer, It Is electromagnetic transducer with 6V max. supply, It Is first, and second when you detouch base transistor from sound I see normal consumption.
    Conclusion - you have misstake with your sound transistor connection or It's not working properly. Check your transistor please, see In attachment.
    Connect emmiter to 5V Instead battery, remove 1K parallel resistor from your transducer.
    [ATTACH]55238[/ATTACH]
    I hope you are using BC557 In the sound circuit?
    i use bc557 and i tried another one with the same result, now i try to connect emitter to + 5v, i will let you know if i solve, pac 1205 i was convinced it worked at 1 also at 12v, i had read it somewhere

    Leave a comment:


  • void118
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	1
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	361405

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X