Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBG- slow motion metal detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	448593Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	296
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	448594​​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	299
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	448590
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	291
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	448591​​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	317
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	448587​


    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	303
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	448588​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Top layer:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	208
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	448585​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Bottom layer:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	206
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	448583​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    ​​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	217
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	448581​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    2-3 months in average...
    I am old man, I need time...

    Leave a comment:


  • TurkAlperenebeg
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    In the meantime, I will prepare the "placement" file.
    I am the main culprit for the inconsistencies in the numbering of the components... so it is my "punishment" to prepare that file for you.
    Give me a day or two...

    ​
    Hey, are the IVConic placement files ready?
    how long will it take to be ready

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post

    The circuit board always indicated that this was Gary’s “Twin Coil PI.” And I have never claimed otherwise. I merely used his latest schematic and modified the method—using a 5-pin socket—by which the various coil types are connected. However, the detector electronics remain true to Gary’s original design.
    Yes, of course.
    But I remembered Gary for some other works, to be honest; I totally forgot about the one you're working on now...or maybe I've never even seen that project.
    Although I have been on the forum for a long time; I never followed all the topics, and it was even harder to remember them.
    For many years, PI detectors did not interest me at all.
    And then Eric and Carl became the main culprits in why I got interested in PI detectors much later.
    And while others have already made good progress on that topic; I got involved too late and only in the last couple of years have I been learning something on the subject.
    I'm probably 10-15 years behind the others!
    I made simple PI detectors 30 years ago, but I just "mechanically" reproduced them without a shred of understanding.
    It is one thing to merely reproduce something and it is quite another; to understand what you are doing!
    And that's probably the main reason why I didn't immediately think it was Chemelec when I saw "Gary" on the pcb.
    I'm deliberately stretching this story... let this be a tribute to our friend who was once here among us.


    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • TurkAlperenebeg
    replied
    Hello again, could you please give me some information about how to wind the coil and its dimensions? Am I going to make two coils?

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    Chemelec!
    If only you had said that right away!
    Gary was a good friend!
    He did a lot of things in his own interesting way.

    ​
    The circuit board always indicated that this was Gary’s “Twin Coil PI.” And I have never claimed otherwise. I merely used his latest schematic and modified the method—using a 5-pin socket—by which the various coil types are connected. However, the detector electronics remain true to Gary’s original design.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoMax View Post

    Hi Ivconic,

    there is under "Completed Projects" section a specific topic regarding Gary's Twin Coil PI.
    Chemelec!
    If only you had said that right away!
    Gary was a good friend!
    He did a lot of things in his own interesting way.

    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by TurkAlperenebeg View Post
    Do you have the PCB for this circuit? Can you provide it? If so, please.
    Page 4, post #60...

    Leave a comment:


  • TurkAlperenebeg
    replied
    Do you have the PCB for this circuit? Can you provide it? If so, please.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...Page 1, post #1 is the most proper schematic..."

    This schematic, and author is SCS-BG who posted it.
    Read what he wrote and try to understand.
    So, disregard that shematic and pay attention to this schematic, I clearly answered you again with this:
    "...Page 1, post #1 is the most proper schematic..."


    Click image for larger version

Name:	sbg-d.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	845.1 KB
ID:	448537​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X