Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBG- slow motion metal detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TurkAlperenebeg
    replied
    I couldn't understand exactly what the parts I've circled here do, and whether SMDs are used in the circuit. Is it possible to use pinned components instead of SMDs? I would appreciate it if you could answer my question.

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    It seems interesting. Is there a topic on the forum dedicated to that detector?
    Hi Ivconic,

    there is under "Completed Projects" section a specific topic regarding Gary's Twin Coil PI.

    Leave a comment:


  • pechkata
    replied
    Originally posted by Detectorist#1 View Post
    Hi pechkata,
    What is the connection between the content of my post #70 and your post with presentation of "Deep Force" hybrid detector? Yes, this detector is very good and modern. Maybe you want to support my words that metal detectors without EFE, GB and DISCRIMINATION features not have rights to be named Metal Detectors. Or you again add "spam" to present discussion?



    I want to see your detector tossed over the antenna. How do you fly over the antenna? It's spam for you when it doesn't work for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    It seems interesting. Is there a topic on the forum dedicated to that detector?

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    So... Garys Twin Coil PI Rev 1.0 ?
    Can you tell us more about that?
    Your experiences?
    Is there a forum thread?
    I don't follow everything, so I don't know.
    Open a new topic and write something about Garys Twin Coil PI Rev 1.0...
    ​
    Hi Ivconic,

    The Gary's Twin Coil PI Rev 1.0 version features the same circuitry as the original (based on the latest Revised Pulse-1 and Pulse-2 schematics from April 2009), with the exception that I designed the PCB (134x68mm) to fit a readily available, standard-sized enclosure (160x80x55mm). Additionally, there is a matching board for the battery, which can be mounted directly onto the main PCB. Furthermore, the coil connection has been modified to allow for the use of all coil configurations—such as Twin Coil, Mono/Frame Coil, DD Coil, Concentric Coil, or Dual-Field Coil—without requiring any circuit modifications when switching coils. It is simply plug-and-play. Performance: Due to time constraints, the board has not yet undergone testing; however, it should function correctly right out of the box.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied


    It is on the schematic, can't you see?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	219
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	448523​

    Leave a comment:


  • TurkAlperenebeg
    replied
    How exactly do you make the coil? Wire thickness, coil winding pattern, number of turns, etc.?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by TurkAlperenebeg View Post
    Hello, I'm writing from Turkey. Can you please provide me with a detector circuit diagram for me to build, and could you give me some information about the coil configuration?
    Page 1, post #1 is the most proper schematic.
    The pcb is yet to come, not finished yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • TurkAlperenebeg
    replied
    Hello, I'm writing from Turkey. Can you please provide me with a detector circuit diagram for me to build, and could you give me some information about the coil configuration?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    GeoMax, kidding aside.
    Your pcbs are neat.
    No complaints.
    I'm really lazy (to take photos) and hate digging through boxes, I have about 100-200 different pcbs that are surplus, JLPCB has a limit of minimum 5 pcbs to order.
    And I often only need one, that's why I have so many pcb stocks that I haven't used.
    JLPCB makes superior quality pcbs!
    I have been dealing with them for several years.
    They do a phenomenal job (as do other pcb manufacturers, I guess).
    The PCB with which you found objections is for now only a test copy, it has not been produced yet.
    I'm still going "on foot" and correcting the details.
    Your insistence on neatness and perfect order is ok, I really mean it.
    But I have a serious limit in terms of pcb dimensions and too many components on such limited space.
    And I wanted it to be through-hole and not SMD.
    So that I can change components more easily and find my way around more easily.
    And that's why the pcb is so imperfect.
    In my case, when I want to make one copy of the device, I pay the most attention to the S/N and visualize in advance how I will solder all the components myself.
    What components do I have, what can I find, etc.
    In particular, that pcb was drawn by a colleague from China, who is a miracle worker, within the same day he received a schematic in .jpg format from me,
    converted it to one of the standard layout formats, asked me a series of questions about my wishes and requirements and later in the afternoon I have a finished drawn pcb,
    exactly as I described to him that I want!
    I have yet to meet anyone who can do it faster!
    I considered myself very skilled in those jobs, and then I saw that there were many better than me.
    Geometric regularity, aligned components, aesthetics; in this case and also in many other cases; it is often the least important to me personally.
    The only thing that matters to me is that it finally works and that it works well.
    Although I make a living from electronics, this is primarily an unprofitable hobby.
    25 years ago I drew my pcbs by hand on paper. I didn't have a computer scanner so I used the window glass and daylight to trace by hand.
    Today we have what we have in terms of conditions.
    Some will do it better, some less well.
    It doesn't matter.
    It's a hobby!
    I have not signed any professional contract with anyone here about any mass production of anything.
    That's why I don't really care what anyone thinks about how it looks.
    All I care about is that it works well for me.
    Don't have bad energy, this is all a hobby, joke and fun.
    At least that's how I understand this forum.
    ...
    So... Garys Twin Coil PI Rev 1.0 ?
    Can you tell us more about that?
    Your experiences?
    Is there a forum thread?
    I don't follow everything, so I don't know.
    Open a new topic and write something about Garys Twin Coil PI Rev 1.0...
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by Xtrem View Post
    you have to use the word "Frequency" , entweder English ,oder Deutsch ..
    Yes, thanks for the heads-up. I should pay closer attention to that. "Frequenz" is German, and "frequency" is English.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Xtrem View Post
    you have to use the word "Frequency" , entweder English ,oder Deutsch ..
    Maybe he's a naturalized German?
    We shouldn't complain about that.
    It is equally good if it says "Energy of ether".
    The main problem I see is that there are no components on the pcbs, a terrible omission!
    Pure rookie mistake!




    P.S.
    But it's a good way to save money! Super economical!
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • Xtrem
    replied
    you have to use the word "Frequency" , entweder English ,oder Deutsch ..
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Geotech dispute.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	659.4 KB
ID:	448510​

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    If someone had given me a Barracuda or a Surfmaster back in 1986, regardless of the fact that they don't have GB or Disc; I would get rich with the findings.
    Neither Manticore nor Deus 2 mean anything to me these days.
    Sasho noted the reasons.
    What about you guys?
    Except for the GeoMax which has the German flag in profile; we are all Slavs, why are we always keep fighting?


    ​

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Geotech dispute2.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	448511​
    ​

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X