Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full m/lab SD2000 schematics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by sido View Post
    I am Greek/Australian.
    Ellivas eimai filapako

    Sid
    Bravo...

    Leave a comment:


  • g.s
    replied
    fOR YOUR SODO rejoice. I will mention RESULTS with enamel wire just test completed.

    Leave a comment:


  • sido
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Hi Sido.
    How you know Greek??

    Regards
    I am Greek/Australian.
    Ellivas eimai filapako

    Sid

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by sido View Post
    g.s...very hard to build a coil with R = 0.4ohm with any solid copper enamel wire.

    Good quality Litz wire or next best Teflon multistrand wire will help to keep R > 1.0hm.

    Try the wire you have....22-23 Turns at 30cm.
    Use on detector and see how it operates...Follow my picture above.

    If all else fails. Get real Minelab Coil, Coiltek Coil, Nugget Finder Coil. So many out there.

    Sid Kali epetuxia
    Hi Sido.
    How you know Greek??

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • sido
    replied
    Originally posted by Baterista View Post
    Hello, I suggest insulated wire, as in the photo, I am developing the project in a DIP format, and in this example has 298 uH and 0.4 ohm.

    [ATTACH]23752[/ATTACH]
    Hi Baterista, where did you get that wire from?

    Sid

    Leave a comment:


  • sido
    replied
    Originally posted by g.s View Post
    Can I buy 0.4 the 0.3 enamel wire , can I can use this caliber.
    g.s...very hard to build a coil with R = 0.4ohm with any solid copper enamel wire.

    Good quality Litz wire or next best Teflon multistrand wire will help to keep R > 1.0hm.

    Try the wire you have....22-23 Turns at 30cm.
    Use on detector and see how it operates...Follow my picture above.

    If all else fails. Get real Minelab Coil, Coiltek Coil, Nugget Finder Coil. So many out there.

    Sid Kali epetuxia
    Last edited by sido; 03-08-2013, 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

    Leave a comment:


  • Baterista
    replied
    Hello, I suggest insulated wire, as in the photo, I am developing the project in a DIP format, and in this example has 298 uH and 0.4 ohm.




    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06653.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	976.7 KB
ID:	335340

    Leave a comment:


  • g.s
    replied
    Can I buy 0.4 the 0.3 enamel wire , I can use this caliber.

    Leave a comment:


  • sido
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    If he use enamel wire then the self-capacitance will be high and the coil to have not the ability to work fine at low delay (near to 10us)

    Regards
    Geo...yes that's what G.S has and he might as well try it....Like i said he needs to keep coil wire capacitance low and most important R = Resistance as low as (0.4 ohm). Enamel wire 0.5mm will not be suitable as R will be over 1.0 ohm.

    Sid

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by sido View Post
    You mean build coil 30cm with 0.5mm copper enamel wire?

    For 30cm coil + 0.5mm wire = 22-23 calculated turns = Inductance 300uH = Resistance 1.0 -1.8 ohms (R could be higher depending on copper wire).

    Sid

    If he use enamel wire then the self-capacitance will be high and the coil to have not the ability to work fine at low delay (near to 10us)

    Regards

    Leave a comment:


  • UrbanFox
    replied
    Originally posted by detectormods View Post
    Damping resistor placement is wrong. Think about it.
    Woody is correct, the position of the damping resistor in post number #276 is wrong. It should be connected across the coil, not across the coil and blocking diode.

    The resister network should be to the anode of D13. Where it is now it bleeds voltage off the fet, or, it defeats the purpose of D13, the capacitance blocking diode..

    Leave a comment:


  • sido
    replied
    Originally posted by g.s View Post
    thank you to everyone for your help. I have copper enamel 0.5 cm such as the picture (1) I want to build coil 30 mm .how can I calculate the TURNS


    [ATTACH]23741[/ATTACH]:
    You mean build coil 30cm with 0.5mm copper enamel wire?

    For 30cm coil + 0.5mm wire = 22-23 calculated turns = Inductance 300uH = Resistance 1.0 -1.8 ohms (R could be higher depending on copper wire).

    Sid

    Leave a comment:


  • g.s
    replied
    thank you to everyone for your help. I have copper enamel 0.5 cm such as the picture (1) I want to build coil 30 mm .how can I calculate the TURNS

    Click image for larger version

Name:	pinio gs.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	335331:

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by detectormods View Post
    5 cm? try 5mm That is no way to make an efficient coil.
    I have not something to try!!!.
    I read this thread for encyclopedias

    Leave a comment:


  • Geo
    replied
    Originally posted by sido View Post
    Siynomi Geo
    Sorry Geo

    5mm

    Sid

    Sorry for what???

    Again thanks!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X