Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RELIC HAWK

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    "...yes sure isn't complete... but I think the 4066 pin is not a real problem... I mean happens frequently that on some devices you don't write about ground and vcc pins... cause are obvious. I think you can say same thing for e.g. op amps...."

    It seems you didn't understand me? Look on posted schematic above and spot pin 7. of 4066. Ha? See?
    yes... now I see it... no... was a mistake... was thinking it was without supply rail connections only... not fake schematic!

    All clear now!

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    "...yes sure isn't complete... but I think the 4066 pin is not a real problem... I mean happens frequently that on some devices you don't write about ground and vcc pins... cause are obvious. I think you can say same thing for e.g. op amps...."

    It seems you didn't understand me? Look on posted schematic above and spot pin 7. of 4066. Ha? See?

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by amtech2005 View Post
    MAX , HAVE YOU LOGGED ON TO IVCONICS NEW WEBSITE ? IT'S A GREAT NEW FORUM "A SUPPLEMENT TO THIS ONE OF COURSE" !!!! ANYWAY , THE RELIC HAWK SCHEMATIC I POSTED IS A 'LIGHT VERSION' OF THE RELIC HAWK AND THERE ARE COMPLAINTS OF A DIFFERENCE IN DEPTH OF DETECTION. SOMETIMES SHORTCUTS HURT QUALITY. ON IVCONICS SITE HAS THE ORIGINAL PCB BOARD PHOTO AND THE NEW LITE VERSION PHOTO - A BIG DIFFERENCE IN SIZE . CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE AND THANK-YOU FOR YOUR MANY POSTS HERE ON GEOTECH OVER THE YEARS!!! TAKE CARE EUGENE
    Hi Eugene,
    thanks for the info. I will take a look there soon.

    Best regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    MAX , HAVE YOU LOGGED ON TO IVCONICS NEW WEBSITE ? IT'S A GREAT NEW FORUM "A SUPPLEMENT TO THIS ONE OF COURSE" !!!! ANYWAY , THE RELIC HAWK SCHEMATIC I POSTED IS A 'LIGHT VERSION' OF THE RELIC HAWK AND THERE ARE COMPLAINTS OF A DIFFERENCE IN DEPTH OF DETECTION. SOMETIMES SHORTCUTS HURT QUALITY. ON IVCONICS SITE HAS THE ORIGINAL PCB BOARD PHOTO AND THE NEW LITE VERSION PHOTO - A BIG DIFFERENCE IN SIZE . CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE AND THANK-YOU FOR YOUR MANY POSTS HERE ON GEOTECH OVER THE YEARS!!! TAKE CARE EUGENE

    Leave a comment:


  • Max
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    This schematic is also faked. Missing parts like switch is not issue here. Original Relic Hawk has feature to switch 3 band passes. Now, this "reduced" version made from bulgarian enthusiasts is without that feature.Not a big deal. They produced some serie and i've got pretty positive reports on that detector, meaning it is working just fine. So logically this schematic is without switch and extra band passes. Yet it is still faked. Look pin 7. of 4066????
    Should go to Vss, right? Also more mistakes if you take closer look.
    Generally this schematic could be used to check existent device.
    To be continued...
    Hi Ivconic,
    yes sure isn't complete... but I think the 4066 pin is not a real problem... I mean happens frequently that on some devices you don't write about ground and vcc pins... cause are obvious. I think you can say same thing for e.g. op amps.

    Sometimes... when stuff is loaded in simulators the e.g. transmission gates don't give any reference to vcc and gnd connection... very usual thing.

    So depends much on wich software they used to make schematic I think.

    But for a serious projects related to RH I think a true complete and error free schematic is needed.

    Seems hard stuff... cause till now I saw nothing about...

    Kind regards,
    Max

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    This schematic is also faked. Missing parts like switch is not issue here. Original Relic Hawk has feature to switch 3 band passes. Now, this "reduced" version made from bulgarian enthusiasts is without that feature.Not a big deal. They produced some serie and i've got pretty positive reports on that detector, meaning it is working just fine. So logically this schematic is without switch and extra band passes. Yet it is still faked. Look pin 7. of 4066????
    Should go to Vss, right? Also more mistakes if you take closer look.
    Generally this schematic could be used to check existent device.
    To be continued...

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    ITS NOT CORRECT AND A LOT IS MISSING FROM ORIGINAL MINELAB SCHEMATIC. ANY COMMENTS ARE WELCOME . The RELIC HAWK WAS DISCONTINUED IN 2000 , I THINK ?? THANK-YOU EUGENE
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    I posted RELIC HAWK ON IVCONICS WEB SITE , IT SEEMS LIKE BULGARIAN LIGHT VERSION . Lot OF FUNCTION SWITCHES MISSING FOR GEB , ETC.... WHATS WRONG WITH GEOTECH FORUM TODAY ???? OFF/ON / SLOW ??

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hello,
    Can you someone tell me what is this unknown transistor?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    If i had 100% correct schematic and pcb i would post it here first. But i dont have it. Datas i do have right now are incomplete and inaccurate. Pitty.
    Geotech is my "origin" forum.I took much benefits from here, logically i would like to repay back here with all i have. Things i posted there on "my" forum are just things to be considered more and corrected before posting here.
    So....if any progress..you(here) will be first to know.
    Until than..

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    So you can post it on Ivconics site!
    I will be happy to see this too

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    There is a schematic for the Relic Hawk . And it has just a couple of errors. But anyway on another parts lay-out that I found , the unknown IC is a "TL082" . I will make a parts list , since I know all the components now. I will not post a Schematic here!! But when I start building I will post results and photos. This is my official Summer Project for "Educational Purposes Only" Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultimate_Haze
    replied
    Yes,
    Nice work.But no one post here working schematic.I am shore that this detector is traced buy many peoples.
    Hope see it working soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • amtech2005
    replied
    RELIC HAWK

    You are correct TIKTAK , It is a work in Progress !!!! And it is not an exact copy , they made some changes . Auto GEB , not manual GEB . And Coin depths are not as deep on discrimination mode. What will be the size of search coil used???? We will see , but so far looks Great !! Eugene

    Leave a comment:


  • tiktak
    replied
    Hi

    Hi,
    Guys.
    If it were working it will be posted here buy Ivconic.
    There is a lot of work.
    The problem is that no one have the full traced schematic.Because it is no more complexed then other projects here.But its look like hell of detector.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X