Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eduardo1979
    replied
    All JFET transistors can be replaced with a CD4066. In my new detector I removed the J113 and put CD4066 in their place. I make a small parenthesis...J112 do not work well, J113 are the ones that work correctly. I say all this because I tried it at the time.

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Thanks!
    Coil on video is "DD" or mono coil?
    Mono coil, 13".

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Thanks!
    Coil on video is "DD" or mono coil?

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post

    What do you think is the essential difference between the GS4 and your GS5 regarding the problem of loss of depth in GEB mode with the GS4?
    I assume the schematic and pcb you posted is 100% correct?
    ​
    The schematic and PCB are correct. I don't like posting things that don't work. The main difference between the GS4 and GS5 is the GEB circuit. They are two totally different forms. The GS5 has the GEB the same as the TDI.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    I no longer have this specific detector.
    I have something very similar, the only thing is that the timing of the samples is done digitally with an ESP32 processor.
    My tests in the video are done with the GEB activated and rejecting a hot rock. When activating and deactivating the GEB channel there is practically no difference in depth. The difference is minimal. In the past I built in GS-4 and I didn't like it because of the loss of depth with GEB mode activated. GS-5 with the 33cm MONO coil, in GEB mode activated and rejecting a hot rock, detected a gold wedding ring 33cm in the air.​
    What do you think is the essential difference between the GS4 and your GS5 regarding the problem of loss of depth in GEB mode with the GS4?
    I assume the schematic and pcb you posted is 100% correct?
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • ArchibaldSTM
    replied
    Everything opens fine for me... I don’t use the schematic file
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    It works really nice. But I'm interested in core performance.
    Do you still have that detector?
    To show how GEB works on it.
    And when you set the GEB to some "mineralization", after that you can test and record how it detects a Roman coin or a small gold coin.
    In "Off" mode (GEB off) my GS4 also has "enormous" depths in the air on all tested targets.
    If you still have that detector; I would be grateful if you could record minute two of the mentioned test.
    ​
    I no longer have this specific detector.
    I have something very similar, the only thing is that the timing of the samples is done digitally with an ESP32 processor.
    My tests in the video are done with the GEB activated and rejecting a hot rock. When activating and deactivating the GEB channel there is practically no difference in depth. The difference is minimal. In the past I built in GS-4 and I didn't like it because of the loss of depth with GEB mode activated. GS-5 with the 33cm MONO coil, in GEB mode activated and rejecting a hot rock, detected a gold wedding ring 33cm in the air.​

    Leave a comment:


  • ZOUjiarui
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    Why don't you make the GS-5?
    In my opinion it is a better detector than the GS-4.
    In the past I made a LITE version of GS-5 and it worked very well.
    My LITE version has the identical time base as TDI SL.
    The VCO is very nice, because it has a CD4046.​

    https://youtube.com/shorts/2tXTbySBUD4
    The schematic is damaged, please send it separately.

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    It works really nice. But I'm interested in core performance.
    Do you still have that detector?
    To show how GEB works on it.
    And when you set the GEB to some "mineralization", after that you can test and record how it detects a Roman coin or a small gold coin.
    In "Off" mode (GEB off) my GS4 also has "enormous" depths in the air on all tested targets.
    If you still have that detector; I would be grateful if you could record minute two of the mentioned test.
    ​

    Leave a comment:


  • eduardo1979
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    Last thing I done (was lazy to record another video) is to make 25cm coil, 0.3mH / 0.9R.
    In All Metal mode with GEB slightly lose; it improved air "depths" to ~15cm on small Roman coin as well as on gold coin.
    Not good enough.
    Some other works in progress...
    Why don't you make the GS-5?
    In my opinion it is a better detector than the GS-4.
    In the past I made a LITE version of GS-5 and it worked very well.
    My LITE version has the identical time base as TDI SL.
    The VCO is very nice, because it has a CD4046.​

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Last thing I done (was lazy to record another video) is to make 25cm coil, 0.3mH / 0.9R.
    In All Metal mode with GEB slightly lose; it improved air "depths" to ~15cm on small Roman coin as well as on gold coin.
    Not good enough.
    Some other works in progress...

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by kadir6141 View Post
    Hello, there is a black part on the gs4 commutator. Is this resistance? Can anyone with knowledge help? thanks.
    Probably a resistor.
    I assume it is R52 (22k) GND resistor.

    Leave a comment:


  • kadir6141
    replied
    Hello, there is a black part on the gs4 commutator. Is this resistance? Can anyone with knowledge help? thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • YIVANKA
    replied
    Originally posted by ZOUjiarui View Post
    People always like to release pcb without inspection
    Should others deliver food to your mouth?

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Yes, made by Jose.
    Good "depths".
    I would be quite satisfied if I manage something like that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X