Here is another video about the GS4. I think the performance is quite remarkable. The video is already 10 years old.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.
Collapse
X
-
With larger coil, say 60cm and above, since it is deep enough; with coil at 30cm over the soil surface; will work just fine.Originally posted by ZOUjiarui View Post
Will Pulsar II work as well as GoldScan on highly mineralized soils?
It has no GEB, so it will be affected by mineralization if coil is lowered to ground.
But then again, with large coil 30cm up from soil surface; you search for deep and large targets and not small items.
Large targets will give noticeable continuous audio response... so no problem in most of the cases.
Larger the coil and larger the target = you can lift coil more from soil surface.
You gain two benefits from that; detector will ignore small iron junk in surface and mineralization will not have significant impact on detectors behavior.
- Likes 2
Leave a comment:
-
Will Pulsar II work as well as GoldScan on highly mineralized soils?Originally posted by ivconic View PostYou haven't read my posts carefully (if at all) from the beginning.
That's not my goal, big coil and big depths... for that kind of thing I have Pulse Star 2.
My goal is good sensitivity on the smallest targets and good GEB.
Of course, the GS4 can also be set to work "slowly" and to work with a coil of 3x3 meters and larger!
I don't care one bit.
Leave a comment:
-
Hello guys from the forum,
For those who want to incorporate a microprocessor for the timing in the GS4, it is a big mistake because digital generates a lot of noise .....a lot of noise that you have to clean later, and the detector loses sensitivity, the GS4 circuit is very nice as it says Ivconic, you have to look for refinements and change some parameters but in general it is a wonderful circuit that E.Foster did the design!
Leave a comment:
-
What I forgot to emphasize here is the following...Originally posted by ivconic View PostThe horror!
I hope that now you have a clearer picture of the situation on the grounds that I visit and about which I have written many times.
To whom the video is not clear; let me clarify a bit...
The first program on the video was my custom "deep" program at 7.6kHz.
In that program, the gold coin is detected at a distance of 24 cm.
But when I put a brick in front of a gold coin; the range drops to 14-15cm and PLUS Deus reports it as a bad target, very unstable and inaccurate response with many errors, very erratic behavior, etc.
In the second part of the video, I switched to the Fast2 program, my custom program at 18kHz with silencer at 3 and recovery speed at 2.5
The range to the gold coin dropped drastically to barely 14cm, and when I put a brick in front, it drops further to about 10cm or less. And it also reports the target as bad, as "trash"...
So much for that.
Deus coil is 22.5cm.


In the video, Deus sees a gold coin through a brick in all possible wrong ways... but still sees that gold coin, even as it's "garbage".
However, it is a recent gold coin, from 1751. And it's bigger.
While in real conditions on real terrains, I mostly look for ancient Roman gold coins, which are slightly different in terms of alloy composition (better with more gold).
Unfortunately, these days I have not been able to find one of these on loan for these tests.
The problem on the real field is that Deus often does not see such gold coins at all, even as "garbage", it simply remains silent above such targets.
So what can be seen in the video with Deus... can even be considered a "success" even though it is essentially a horror factual situation.
So... so much for that. It definitely makes sense to build (or buy) some similar PI and go back to the old sites again.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Obey the Alex's schematic when check the pcb, schematic is accurate.Originally posted by Emersonpaz View Post
I'm going to try to do this project I'm going to opt for post #426 because I don't have a soldering station for SMD lately I don't have much time left for the hobby who knows when I'll complete the project but I'm not in a rush, I always say that but when the boards arrive I can't wait until it's ready
. I always thought the GS4 test videos were cool.
Same I did.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm going to try to do this project I'm going to opt for post #426 because I don't have a soldering station for SMD lately I don't have much time left for the hobby who knows when I'll complete the project but I'm not in a rush, I always say that but when the boards arrive I can't wait until it's readyOriginally posted by ivconic View PostBut make no mistake, the previous file has errors, which I didn't know at the time.
Here is the file with all the mentioned errors.
. I always thought the GS4 test videos were cool.
Leave a comment:
-
The horror!
I hope that now you have a clearer picture of the situation on the grounds that I visit and about which I have written many times.
To whom the video is not clear; let me clarify a bit...
The first program on the video was my custom "deep" program at 7.6kHz.
In that program, the gold coin is detected at a distance of 24 cm.
But when I put a brick in front of a gold coin; the range drops to 14-15cm and PLUS Deus reports it as a bad target, very unstable and inaccurate response with many errors, very erratic behavior, etc.
In the second part of the video, I switched to the Fast2 program, my custom program at 18kHz with silencer at 3 and recovery speed at 2.5
The range to the gold coin dropped drastically to barely 14cm, and when I put a brick in front, it drops further to about 10cm or less. And it also reports the target as bad, as "trash"...
So much for that.
Deus coil is 22.5cm.


- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
See the Garrett DD coil dimensions in the pictures.
And the coil for the GS4 is, as I mentioned several times, about 17cm.
On the "collage" of the picture of Garrett, in the lower right, there is also a picture of a ruler and targets with distances.
The GS4 achieved IDENTICAL distances on the same targets with a 17cm coil.
It's just that I didn't show it on the video because it's very inconvenient to place the ruler under the coil.
And there's no need to be so detailed, I guess you take my word for it, I don't have the slightest reason to make anything up and exaggerate.
On the GS4, the delay is still ≥10uS. I still haven't tweaked anything since the last time.
GS4 is in GND mode, GND is set to that 5th century brick. The same is the case with Garrett.
This is encouraging!
Now I have some kind of reference.
Ok, I will agree that the Garrett Infinium is not the most adequate reference, it would be much better if I had some Minelab SD, GP or GPX to compare it to.
But unfortunately, I was not able to manage in this short time.
- Likes 2
Leave a comment:
-
For the purposes of any comparison; I borrowed a Garrett Infinium LS from a friend.
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: