Originally posted by tifred
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.
Collapse
X
-
hi.how are you?i built the GS5 and with a 28cm coil,2 ohms and 400 uH inductance, it detects a 28mm coin in air 30cm. can you tell me what your circuit looks like? please tell me the specifications of your coil and if there is any special setting i can do with the osilloscope. sorry for the bad language .tanks.of course i don't know the test points for the osilloscope.Originally posted by Emersonpaz View Post
It didn't work??? No sign of life??? Do you have clear photos of the entire board???
Leave a comment:
-
Hello, no, nothing, no sound, and just smoke! I've decided to desolder the PCB and start all over again! I'll need new components. This time, I'd like to learn the assembly and testing steps. It's difficult when you don't have a real background in electronics. A simple assembly is easy; I've built two Barracudas, two Surf Pi, and the KT315 Delta Pulse, all of which worked perfectly. But with the GS5, it's a failure... I'm going to try starting over with a new PCB...Attached Files
Leave a comment:
-
It didn't work??? No sign of life??? Do you have clear photos of the entire board???Originally posted by tifred View Post
Hello Geo Max and hello everyone. Well...you were right, it didn't work. I'm going to start all over again.
What is the assembly order for the module steps? I'll try to learn.
Leave a comment:
-
Updated but still need to check further, this is my attemp for Eduardo's GS5 Lite
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you.Do we need to enable the mirror option for Gerber output for pcb printing?I am confuced.You said you used a 33 cm coil,What was the wire number,inductance and resistance?I want to make it myself.TanksOriginally posted by eduardo1979 View Post
Why don't you make the GS-5?
In my opinion it is a better detector than the GS-4.
In the past I made a LITE version of GS-5 and it worked very well.
My LITE version has the identical time base as TDI SL.
The VCO is very nice, because it has a CD4046.
https://youtube.com/shorts/2tXTbySBUD4
Leave a comment:
-
Hello Geo Max and hello everyone. Well...you were right, it didn't work. I'm going to start all over again.Originally posted by GeoMax View PostHi,
you can see it how you post your requests...
You haven't read the posts, apparently. Otherwise, you wouldn't be asking about the files. Everything you're looking for is there. If you had read them, you would have found it and wouldn't need to ask.
What is the assembly order for the module steps? I'll try to learn.
Leave a comment:
-
Unverify, unchecked. GS5 lite with less cable.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for your help.
I’ll replace C2, C3, C5, and C10 with tantalum capacitors. Then I’ll finish building the circuit, and if everything works, I’ll try to learn how to use my oscilloscope to adjust VR1 and VR2 properly.
Leave a comment:
-
Hi Geotech11,Originally posted by Geotech11 View Post
Your op-amp negative feedback copper spacing—what is it?
If the spacing is not reasonable, parasitic capacitance can form and cause oscillation.
what spacing do you think is reasonable to avoid parasitic capacitance? 10mil, 15mil or even more?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: