Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GeoMax
    replied
    Originally posted by Mehranfar View Post

    Is this timing correct, or does the timing actually differ when assembling the board using the exact components shown in the schematic?
    Hello,

    the question isn't quite phrased correctly. It should be: "Should the components of the circuit be adjusted so that the timing matches the displayed value?" The answer is "Yes."​

    Leave a comment:


  • Mehr076
    replied
    Originally posted by Emersonpaz View Post
    I built this unit specifically for use with the commercial 11-inch Commander coil, which has an inductance of 300µH and a resistance of 0.4 ohms; since the coil resistance is very low, I used a 2.2-ohm 10W resistor in parallel with the coil to better dissipate the generated heat. The detector works well with any coil around 300µH; my friend cristiano.sar tested it with a spider coil and the Minepulse Plus coil, and both performed very well.
    Is this timing correct, or does the timing actually differ when assembling the board using the exact components shown in the schematic?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mehr076
    replied
    Originally posted by cristiano.sar View Post

    The project files are here: https://www.geotech1.com/forums/foru...e37#post421411

    About the pcb file you still need to fix the track that is disconnected, it is located here (in the red image attached), you need to fix it. In my case, the fix was done by the PCB manufacturer (PCBWay).
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • cristiano.sar
    replied
    Originally posted by Mehranfar View Post

    Hello my friend, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for your reply. Would you be willing to share the PCB file for the model you assembled so I can build one too?
    The project files are here: https://www.geotech1.com/forums/foru...e37#post421411

    About the pcb file you still need to fix the track that is disconnected, it is located here (in the red image attached), you need to fix it. In my case, the fix was done by the PCB manufacturer (PCBWay).

    Leave a comment:


  • Mehr076
    replied
    Originally posted by cristiano.sar View Post
    Here is the latest GS5-lite I built these days:



    Im testing it with 2 different coils (a normal wound coil and a spider web coil), both work good.
    There is some EMI noise because of testing inside house at night (many electric appliances turned on), but in a quiet environment it is much more quiet and also gains some extra depth.
    The schematic is correct, the only thing you must pay attention is a small disconnection that exists on one of the PCB tracks (that has already been said before in older posts). As this is a full analog design, the quality and precision of the components is also very important.
    Hello my friend, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for your reply. Would you be willing to share the PCB file for the model you assembled so I can build one too?

    Leave a comment:


  • cristiano.sar
    replied
    Here is the latest GS5-lite I built these days:



    Im testing it with 2 different coils (a normal wound coil and a spider web coil), both work good.
    There is some EMI noise because of testing inside house at night (many electric appliances turned on), but in a quiet environment it is much more quiet and also gains some extra depth.
    The schematic is correct, the only thing you must pay attention is a small disconnection that exists on one of the PCB tracks (that has already been said before in older posts). As this is a full analog design, the quality and precision of the components is also very important.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mehr076
    replied
    Originally posted by Emersonpaz View Post
    I built this unit specifically for use with the commercial 11-inch Commander coil, which has an inductance of 300µH and a resistance of 0.4 ohms; since the coil resistance is very low, I used a 2.2-ohm 10W resistor in parallel with the coil to better dissipate the generated heat. The detector works well with any coil around 300µH; my friend cristiano.sar tested it with a spider coil and the Minepulse Plus coil, and both performed very well.
    Please forgive my boldness. Is the schematic for this GS5lite circuit truly correct—should we go ahead and build it? After all, we are going to be investing both time and money.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mehr076
    replied
    Thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • GeoMax
    replied
    Hi,

    most of Eric Foster's coils (8 & 11.5 Inch) coils have an inductance around 320uH.

    Leave a comment:


  • Emersonpaz
    replied
    I built this unit specifically for use with the commercial 11-inch Commander coil, which has an inductance of 300µH and a resistance of 0.4 ohms; since the coil resistance is very low, I used a 2.2-ohm 10W resistor in parallel with the coil to better dissipate the generated heat. The detector works well with any coil around 300µH; my friend cristiano.sar tested it with a spider coil and the Minepulse Plus coil, and both performed very well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mehr076
    replied
    Originally posted by Emersonpaz View Post

    سلام Mehr076، می‌توانید فایل‌های ارسال شده در اینجا را در صفحه ۳۷، پست شماره ۷۰۰ پیدا کنید؛ اعتبار کامل متعلق به eduardo1979 است که این پروژه شگفت‌انگیز را به اشتراک گذاشته است.
    If possible, please let me know the specifications of the coil you built, as well as the type of loop. Thanks a lot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Emersonpaz
    replied
    Originally posted by eduardo1979 View Post

    Why don't you make the GS-5?
    In my opinion it is a better detector than the GS-4.
    In the past I made a LITE version of GS-5 and it worked very well.
    My LITE version has the identical time base as TDI SL.
    The VCO is very nice, because it has a CD4046.​

    https://youtube.com/shorts/2tXTbySBUD4
    Hello Mehr076 , you can find the files posted here on page 37, post #700; full credit goes to eduardo1979, who shared this amazing project.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mehr076
    replied
    Originally posted by Emersonpaz View Post
    Yes, grounding it to the point where the iron is eliminated does result in a slight loss of range—I think that's normal. I'm using a TL064CN instead of the LT1114CN; I posted some videos on YouTube demonstrating how it works, though I'm indoors, so the gain is reduced due to the metal mesh in the concrete ceiling.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/2cm2zIaUB...yrBaz1EJy1gMs-
    In this video, the ground is set to 50%, alternating the sound between a metal nail and a gold ring.
    Hello. Please send me the schematic and PCB for the circuit you built in this video so I can build it too. Thank you for your hard work; I truly appreciate your efforts—you deserve the best.

    Leave a comment:


  • tuntunlin
    replied
    Originally posted by Emersonpaz View Post
    Yes, grounding it to the point where the iron is eliminated does result in a slight loss of range—I think that's normal. I'm using a TL064CN instead of the LT1114CN; I posted some videos on YouTube demonstrating how it works, though I'm indoors, so the gain is reduced due to the metal mesh in the concrete ceiling.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/2cm2zIaUB...yrBaz1EJy1gMs-
    In this video, the ground is set to 50%, alternating the sound between a metal nail and a gold ring.
    Thank you for your reply, Emerson Paz.
    My current detector performs at the same level as yours. To be honest, if it could reject hot rocks without losing depth, that would be really great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Emersonpaz
    replied
    Yes, grounding it to the point where the iron is eliminated does result in a slight loss of range—I think that's normal. I'm using a TL064CN instead of the LT1114CN; I posted some videos on YouTube demonstrating how it works, though I'm indoors, so the gain is reduced due to the metal mesh in the concrete ceiling.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/2cm2zIaUB...yrBaz1EJy1gMs-
    In this video, the ground is set to 50%, alternating the sound between a metal nail and a gold ring.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X