Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOOKING FOR GOLDSCAN 4 Schematic.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by greylourie View Post
    Hello ivconic
    We understand that you can not make any promises. Like Jose says, it is an arduous job.
    Throughout this thread people such as Reg, Jose, Max and Geo have posted tips to simplify and improve on the original GS4. Both Max and Reg suggested newer type opamps. Reg highlighted the possibility of removing the need for many of the annoying offset trimmers. Reg also suggested the simplification of the High Low switch. Jose used a two stage preamp using NE5532. He experienced noise with the 5volt supply and replaced 555 with the 7660 like in the hammerhead. Think he also experimented with LM337. Geo highlighted the improvements of others, that can make the GS4 switchable both as Motion or Non Motion machine. Simplifying and modernising this machine could make it a very popular model.
    I agree. I would also try to improve it's audio.
    Power supply can be replaced with something more better and hopefully less noisy
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • greylourie
    replied
    Originally posted by ivconic View Post
    btw... i already "transfered" previous pcb draw into SL5, just to have better control over it and to much more easily perform some checks.
    This is just first step in process of drawing new board.
    Enjoy
    :
    Hello ivconic
    We understand that you can not make any promises. Like Jose says, it is an arduous job.
    Throughout this thread people such as Reg, Jose, Max and Geo have posted tips to simplify and improve on the original GS4. Both Max and Reg suggested newer type opamps. Reg highlighted the possibility of removing the need for many of the annoying offset trimmers. Reg also suggested the simplification of the High Low switch. Jose used a two stage preamp using NE5532. He experienced noise with the 5volt supply and replaced 555 with the 7660 like in the hammerhead. Think he also experimented with LM337. Geo highlighted the improvements of others, that can make the GS4 switchable both as Motion or Non Motion machine. Simplifying and modernising this machine could make it a very popular model.

    Leave a comment:


  • pigeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Thanks Ivconic, please do not feel committed, it is an arduous trabjo.
    Here's another PCB, can not remember where I found it.
    Maybe someone can tell us if it works or want to experience.
    I do not perform this PCB.
    José

    hi all

    this projet work?

    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Porkluvr
    I think it constestaron your question.
    The only files that are able to open the PDF, but these can not be uploaded directly, so we went up the RAR files, such as those received.
    Jose

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    btw... i already "transfered" previous pcb draw into SL5, just to have better control over it and to much more easily perform some checks.
    This is just first step in process of drawing new board.
    Enjoy
    :
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by kt315 View Post
    master hunter did the boards in smd... where he is now... where is a result...
    Yes very good question!
    I am having his files for long time and always wondered about the results.
    Same thing also with SD2000 and some other projects we've seen on this forum
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Jose, I could download and extract individual files from your RAR, but then: the PDF files would not open. And, (by the way) how does one open LBK or LYT files??
    Me too. But there is little trick you can do.
    Rename those two PDF files and remove all the Turkish letters from their names and than those documents will be opened easily.
    Also rename their folders too.
    Sometimes Windows and Acrobat are confused because of the non unicode symbols in file name or folder name and can't open some document
    .
    That little trick always works for me, so now i can open and view those pdf's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qiaozhi
    replied
    Originally posted by porkluvr View Post
    Jose, I could download and extract individual files from your RAR, but then: the PDF files would not open. And, (by the way) how does one open LBK or LYT files??
    I was able to open the PDF files without any errors.
    The LBK and LYT files are for Proteus PCB - ARES. It seems that these are created as part of the backup process when you try to overwrite an existing layout file. They're probably not needed.

    Leave a comment:


  • porkluvr
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Thanks Ivconic, please do not feel committed, it is an arduous trabjo.
    Here's another PCB, can not remember where I found it.
    Maybe someone can tell us if it works or want to experience.
    I do not perform this PCB.
    José
    Jose, I could download and extract individual files from your RAR, but then: the PDF files would not open. And, (by the way) how does one open LBK or LYT files??

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    i will try my best to draw
    master hunter did the boards in smd... where he is now... where is a result...

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Thanks Ivconic, please do not feel committed, it is an arduous trabjo.
    Here's another PCB, can not remember where I found it.
    Maybe someone can tell us if it works or want to experience.
    I do not perform this PCB.
    José
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • ivconic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Hello Ivconic.
    You played very well what I meant in the previous post, on the issues related to instability in the GS4.
    I do not try to make the PCB, because I have not enough experience to take over.
    I am willing to build another GS4, if they make the PCB, although the current, it's working reasonably well.
    I would ask you please to try.
    If anyone cares to experiment, here's one mods for tall drivers I'm rehearsing in, SEL2 mode.
    Regards
    Jose[ATTACH]27346[/ATTACH]
    I hate to promise something and later not to fulfill it, so this time i will not promise, but be sure i will try my best to draw another pcb for GS.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jose
    replied
    Hello Ivconic.
    You played very well what I meant in the previous post, on the issues related to instability in the GS4.
    I do not try to make the PCB, because I have not enough experience to take over.
    I am willing to build another GS4, if they make the PCB, although the current, it's working reasonably well.
    I would ask you please to try.
    If anyone cares to experiment, here's one mods for tall drivers I'm rehearsing in, SEL2 mode.
    Regards
    JoseClick image for larger version

Name:	GS4 Modo Alto.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	338507

    Leave a comment:


  • kt315
    replied
    thanks Koala.... keeping in archive... I following Eric, what his state... http://www.findmall.com/read.php?34,1959675

    Hi Guys,
    a friend of mine was at a Rally in England recently and was told that Eric Foster had passed away! Is this a rumor or is it True? Anyone know about this?

    Cheers
    Al

    Leave a comment:


  • Koala
    replied
    found a review of the GS2

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X